FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Looking for a UK gunsmith's help

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Looking for a UK gunsmith's help Reply with quote

Hi

I've spent some time gathering all the parts for my ultimate blaster build consisting of a real deactivated bulldog and a tomonosuke kit and I am in need of assistance in a couple of areas.

Basically I need a gunsmith to help me retrofit the tomonosuke elements to the bulldog, removing the barrel ( whilst leaving the legally required welded post in place) and replacing it with the solid tomonosuke version, altering the hammer etc, etc. I'd also like the old gun blueing stripping and redoing and finally the pewter parts polishing, nickel plating and also blueing.

I could provide full and detailed instructions if there is a gunsmith/ metalworker who feels they could do the above for me to a very high finish.

I would be working on all the resin/ plastic bits and doing the final assembly, but I have neither the facilities or skills to do the metalworking.

I hope someone out there can help me. This is UK only as I don't want to risk shipping it and I'd like to be able to talk to the craftsman face to face

Many thanks

Michael
Skin-Job
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,

You may want to take some professional advice about removing the barrel.
It may be in breach of the deactivation conditions, pretty much any alteration to the barrel is.

If the barrel isn't the original one the piece was certified with, it'll be a breach of the certification conditions. I know about the blocking pin, but the barrel itself is covered by the original deac cert.

What you can do, is have the gunsmith remove the barrel, replace it with the new one, then have him present the piece to the proof house for recertification.

Hope this helps.

Karl
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: