FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
So, uh... should we post introductions here? Yes, lets!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome P7, Good to have you here.

Andy
MsGeek
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Michelle aka Ms. Geek aka Hardware Store Jedi aka Thareen Penumbra.

I feel like I'm walking into a room with people completely beyond my league...I make props, alright, but they are way more primitive than the amazing stuff y'all make.

I got finished modding a Nerf Nitefinder into something inspired by, but not replicating (heh) the guns from Blade Runner. Here's what it looks like...

While working on that, I got an idea to come up with a costume which would approximate what a female detective in the Blade Runner division of LAPD (Rep-Detect?) would look like. I know there were none in the movie, but c'mon, there's got to be one out there in that universe!

Blade Runner has been an inspiration since it came out. It was so cool to see a Science Fiction movie which imagines the future of my hometown, (I grew up in LA) and I was sort of raised on old Film Noir movies on TV. Another reason why I'm here is that I figure you guys would know first if there will be any sort of commemoration of the 25th Anniversary here in LA.

Again, I'm out of my league here. But hopefully I'll get better at this propmaking and costuming thing by hanging out here and soaking in some of your advice.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you here Michelle! I think I can speak for many of us that not everyone is a great artist when it comes to props, especially me

Welcome to our little corner of the world of props!

Tom
oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name's Dave and I'm glad to be here!
Tiki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon your amazing forum while searching for Blade Runner gun replicas and was blown away by the wealth of information!

A bit about myself - I'm an artist living in Hawaii who loves movies. After college I spent 5 years working in LA at a creature FX shop making monsters, dead bodies, and a handful of props. I have a meager collection of prop goodies - but I've given the bulk of my collection away through the years. Always been a fan of blade runner - and have always wanted that amazing blaster! When in LA I got a kit of it (this was back in 95 I believe) and it always felt odd to me. Way too small for my hand - and really small compared to screen captures. I never got around to building it as it was way to off-scale. A few years later some friends of mine got the much larger PKD special and my mini-model was put to shame! Smile THe LA lifestyle eventually got a bit to crazy for my wife and I, so we escaped to Hawaii and started our own business.

Now, here I am years later, and after unpacking some props I had in storage I thought I'd see if there was anything new on the ol' BR Blaster front. Holey Moley! All-Metal full-action reproductions! Entire discussion forums on BR props! I'm in heaven! I am soooooooo in love with the SID-KITS blaster. My fingers are crossed that I can work out a trade for one!

Thanks for letting me join up!

Henrik
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to have another Fan on board.

I am curious about your Kit though. If you still have it, I would love to see pics, as I am a bit of a historion with these guns. It sounds like it might be one of the Universal Armorer/ Shawn Morgan guns. There is a lot to choose from now days. RAC props should also be coming out with his new metal gun soon. Still nothing like a good old Rick Ross PKD though (any version of them).
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henrik, welcome to all things blade runner

I too would love to see a picture of the kit you are talking about. Andy is our resident historian on Blade Runner Blasters.

Anyway, welcome to the community and I hope you will find the information gathered here useful.

Take care,

Tom
Tiki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy and Amish - thanks for the welcome!

I'm sad to say the old kit I had didn't survive the "Great Closet Purge of '05". I got it from a mold that a friend of mine brought into the shop one day. Many props and prop reproductions would make their way through the shop and folks would get a pull out of a select mold only if they would in turn bring in a mold of some other coveted prop. Those were the days! I have fond memories of us Blade Runner squids arguing about weather the scale was accurate or not. My fingers would barely fit in the trigger guard! All discussion ended when our boss walked in one day and proudly displayed his PKD blaster! Smile

Henrik
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun, and reminds me I do have to finish working on this Gun replica history and an identification guide. I have been slowly picking up versions of each of the guns to use as reference. up to over 10 now. Still no where near Noeland and Jedi Rick.

BTW, where is Jedi Rick? I haven't seen him around in a while.

Again welcome, and I hope you have as much fun here as I do. We will all have to come visit you someday, you know that right? Wink
LA2019
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there..

Im a newcommer too so here I go Wink

Im 33 years young/old, single and pretty lazy when I have nothing else to do. I live in a small town called Leksand in the middle of Sweden (We used to have a really good Ice-Hockey team here but we're falling behind since a couple of years). Sparetime interests consists of watching movies (I've somehow fallen in love with really old horror movies with Bela Lugosi) and some of my other favorites besides Blade Runner are "The Big Lebowski", "Ed Wood", "Office Space" and "Blues Brothers". Music is another big thing that I cannot survive without and I love everything from Vangelis to MC5 but Pink Floyd is somewhat of favorites

Im the owner of the Blade Runner website called "Los Angeles, 2019" which I try to keep updated, now when things are truly happening it's better then ever.

Other then that I love to travel (most likely to warmer places then Sweden).

I don't own a blaster (yet) but I hope that this will change in the near future.

Questions ?

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Always good to have another big fan here. Makes me feel a little less 'freakish' Wink.

Feel free to email me with any questions you would have about the blasters. There are also a few other guys here that are experts on the guns as well. Including Noeland, Jedirick, and Richard Coyle (racprops) himself. Not to mention Rick Ross of 'Doppelganger' studios, and Siderio of Sidkit.

In the end I suspect you may end up owning more than one of these. Twisted Evil

Andy
Eagle
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

Just chiming-in with an intro (rude not to). I've been lurking a good while but decided to join-up thanks to the 'snake scale' being offered. Good stuff.

I'll leave you with my small BR collection...

Mark Smile

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to PropSummit Mark. BTW I am a fan of Space 1999. I have been checking out your site for some time. Though we may have already talked on some other boards Wink
Eagle
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Wink
xardoz
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well chime in - Hi everyone!

I'm new to the prop thang, haven't built so much as a snap-together model since I was 12, but I'm now working on a Wilco resin "Browncoat pistol" and am converting a Denix Winchester replica into a Mare's Leg for The Missus.

Yes, I'm a Browncoat, dammit. But I try not to be too "squee!" about it.

Lessee, what else? I roast my own coffee, have dabbled in knifemaking and ride a 2007 Triumph Bonneville, for which I made a custom flyscreen from a snap-on face shield for open face helmets.

Edited to add: The coffee roasting? I built the roaster myself.

Last edited by xardoz on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle wrote:
Wink Wink

Of course now everybody has figured out that we are talking about transgenderpropcollectors.com Shocked Cool

Welcome Xardoz as well to the holy sanctum of BR prop collector/builders.

I have a feeling with the News about the 'Final Cut' Coming to light we might be getting an influx of new members (hopefully not the ones cut off at TGPC though). Laughing
xardoz
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Eagle wrote:
Wink Wink

Of course now everybody has figured out that we are talking about transgenderpropcollectors.com Shocked Cool

Welcome Xardoz as well to the holy sanctum of BR prop collector/builders.

I have a feeling with the News about the 'Final Cut' Coming to light we might be getting an influx of new members (hopefully not the ones cut off at TGPC though). Laughing

Thanks! I have to say, though, that your link to transgenderpropcollectors.com doesn't seem to be working. Is their site down? Razz
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LA2019, Mark, and xardoz!

Welcome to our little community of Blade Runner fans I know I already know Mark from a couple of other forums, but I am looking forward to getting to know LA2019 and xardoz here.

LA2019 you have a fantastic BR website!

xardoz, nothing wrong with being a browncoat Did you see Sidkits offering of the Mal Pistol? Check out the Non Blade Runner Props section for a thread on it.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to join the community here!

Tom
Voight kampf
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm French and I'm very glad to have found this forum.
I'm a Blade Runner fan since is first issue in 1982 and some years ago, I had a Website called Syd Mead Tribute, where I had interwieved Mr Mead.
It was in 2000 in fact.
I collect also all about the Blade Runner movie, and I work on my Blade Runner 3D modeling project at http://la2019game.free.fr
I hope we will share here our interests about this great movie.
deckardsenigma
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Greetings all ~ New here Reply with quote

Greetings All ~

Allow me to introduce myself ~ my name is Bennjamin Garcia

Since the Anniversary Edition of Blade Runner is now out, I thought I would look in the hopes, that I may be assisted in obtaining some information concerning some Items I am interested in.

Perhaps someone in this community can assit me in making them or hopes that maybe you can lead me in the right direction to obtain them?

Here are my requests and questions ~

Deckards Sweater ~

At the end of the film, Deckard wears a sweater instead of his Famous trench, what was it made of and is the pattern (still) available for it somewhere?

Everyone wants the Trench (including me), but, I think it would be an added bonus having that unique sweater as well.

Deckards Wallet ~

In the film Deckard appears to have a tri-fold wallet.
What information do have concerning this wallet? Who was the maker? and was it (only) made for the film? ~ and what proper items are in the wallet itself?

Deckards Watch ~

I know it was a digital watch, however, I am curious as the company (at that time)... do I dare say that it is a Classic Seiko? or Casio?

The reason I asked such questions is because I am VERY interested in creating a exact duplicating/obtaining the clothing/items for a costume w/the benefits of actual use.

I am aware of the trench being created by Abbyshot clothiers.
But the rest would seem very difficult to find, and so here I am asking for your expertise in this area.

Thanks and Respects!

deckardsenigma (DE)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19

Jump to: