FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Another Tomenosuke Variant in the wings?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobu-san has updated his Facebook with pics of the receiver, blued.

https://www.facebook.com/toku.nobutaka
corellian77
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is freakin' nice! Very Happy

Looking at it though, I wonder if the receiver is too glossy now... I feel something between this photo and the previous World Con edition would be the perfect balance... something with more of a "satin" finish.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks amazing TFS Karl!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Karl, now that's looking mighty good if you ask me Cool
Gprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozwepaie wrote:
This is one I helped a buddy w/.
I used BC alum.Black & lots of patience.
First I step sanded the receiver. fine emery cloth, 400 wet, 800 wet 1500 wet.
applied the Alum-blk w/ extra fine scotch brite. kind of lightly rubbing it in.
let it sit over night. (did not rinse it) It turned dark brown w/ a dull finish.
then little by little, I applied a small amount of UN-diluded. Alum-blk to a
lint free cloth & rubbed hard until It turned this semi-gloss blue.
I did small sections at a time. until the whole thing was done.
When I was pleased. I again let it sit over night w/out rinsing it.
The next day, I washed it w/ soap & water.

He wanted the version like the inset photo. The dude at the gun store, told
me how to do it. It takes a while. But when your done.... WoW!

Is that an off world blaster?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad Oz burned me for $130.00 worth of parts I never got!?! Looks like his work is pretty good!??? Bummer.....
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobu updates with the latest on the Retailer edition.

http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/19882924/

[edit: replaced machine translation with the English provided on the blog page]

I don't want to leave any regrets behind me. I want to be (free) from the curse of Blaster. With these thoughts in mind, I devoted myself to developing the retailer edition. Without the passion of the model maker Nobutaka Toku (aka Toku-san), the research consultant Eno (aka Enomoto-tencho), president Kawashima-san and the technical director Otani-san of Marushin Kogyo, and the best metal caster Kawakami-san, among others, this work wouldn't have made it this far. This is it for the Tomenosuke Blaster PRO Retailer Edition, and there will be no further new or revised molds. In other words, this is the final form we arrived at.

We once considered creating a model that could fire (a blank type gun). However, it would require strengthening the firing mechanism, and I was advised by a pro that if I did so, the die-cast zinc receiver would be considered a reinforcing part for firing live ammunition, and it might be designated as an imitation firearm (or at worst, a simulated firearm). From the experience of once having the Tomenosuke Blaster OG prototype (part of the gun barrel used metal components) seized by the police and charges filed for violation of the Imitation Firearms Possession Law after a year of discretionary investigation, I learned firsthand the gap between reality and a law created over 40 years ago and the ambiguity of the guidelines, and I was not so set on making a model that can fire (a blank gun) that I was willing to take the risks. Also, when I thought about exporting to the USA—the number two market after Japan—it would be required to fit a non-removable red cap to the barrel of a blank gun, and I wasn't interested in going out of my way to make a product that would have its looks ruined. Needless to say, my emphasis on the look and feel were due to my goal of creating a fine prop replica of the Blaster.

Please see the image slowly and carefully. The explanation probably sounds like the game "Spot the Difference" where you search for what has changed between two pictures.

Unpolished silver-colored die-cast zinc and aluminum is used.

▲ Receiver / The top is the Retailer Edition. The areas indicated by the red arrows have been improved.

▲ Additionally, although it is difficult to determine from the image, the circular depressions that can be seen on both sides of the safety have been revised from a cylindrical shape to a spherical one.
Bolt / The gap between the bolt sleeve and receiver has been eliminated. (See the image of the top)

▲ Right Cover / The Weaver scope knob (slot-head screw) is now fastened with a screw. The position of the binding post was lowered.

▲ Left Cover / In order to move the laser sight closer to the receiver, post-processing was used to cut the groove for the mounts at the absolute limits while taking strength into account. A hole was also placed in the lower part.

▲ Front Trigger / The shape was completely redone. The improved part is on the right.

▲ Blaster Grip Frame / Refurbishment of the grip was our major theme. In Image-1, the one in the front, and the one at the top are the improved parts. The underside and inside were both improved. The beveling of the areas indicated by the arrows in Image-2 was also improved.

▲ Charter Arms Grip Frame / The positions of the screw holes in the front and rear surfaces were modified. The shape of the grooves in the rear surface was improved (right side of image).

▲ Grip End ("Butt plate") / The shape was completely redone. The improved part is on the right.

▲ Switch Cover / We switched pressed metal part to cast plastic parts and made the edges sharper. The size and position of the ON and OFF lettering was also improved. All are depended on Toku-san's manual labor. And Enomoto-tencho took charge of the finish by a white paint. The screws were also changed from metric to "inch" screws.

The left of the upper image is Tomenosuke Blaster PRO Retailer Edition before coloring and the right is Tomenosuke Blaster PRO World Convention model. Moreover, the grip attached to the Retailer Edition is a trial production, and it differs from real parts.

This production run will be 300 units. Of this number, we plan for 200 to be assembled replicas, and 100 to be assembly kits, and in a few days, we will be accepting pre-orders at our distributor Hollywood Collector's Gallery for just 50 of each. We also plan to release them at affiliated shops in Japan, the USA, and Hong Kong etc., when they are finished.

Last edited by phase pistol on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:37 am; edited 5 times in total
corellian77
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man you're fast Karl! I just checked the blog before bed last night and saw no new update. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to see your post this morning.

Having skimmed over the update, am I blind or is there no mention of price as of yet? Also, while I appreciate the nuanced differences in the machining of this model, what I'm really interested in seeing is the final colour of both the receiver and grips... that more than anything is what's going to decide whether to spring for this newest (and apparently final) release or not.
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Karl. Cool
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prop vs. Retailer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19949348/hostedimages/propvretailerrights.jpg
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the colour of the grips shown on the gun on the right of the photo (WOR-CON). The bright orange prototype grips on the left...I don't like so much....I guess the orange amber colour is more towards screen accurate though. Cool
corellian77
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the bright orange grip colour is not accurate... check out Karl`s photos of the actual screen-used prop:

As you can see, the colour of the grip varies greatly depending on lighting conditions and the angle you`re viewing it from. The World Con edition`s grip, while maybe slightly too yellow, also ranges anywhere from amber to orange depending on viewing conditions.

P.S. Hope it`s okay that I posted your photos Karl... my knowledge of forum etiquette is sometimes lacking.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND from some of the many set of pictures I have there are a bunch of brighter grips:

So yes depending on lighting the grips change...

Rich
corellian77
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm always amazed at how much the colour changes... those auction photos look so different compared to the majority of those taken at the World Convention. When it comes to the grips (or the blaster in general, I suppose), it really is a matter of personal preference.

I think the grips are one of the hardest things to nail down (with the other being the finish on the upper receiver).
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have found the grips are brighter orange off the model and they darken with placed on a black grip frame.

I like the one from the rear as it shows how it looks with light coming though the grip sideways.

AND the gun was more bright steel with all the rust on it.

Again I go with these pictures (and others) for what I feel is the real colors of the blaster, specially with the rust removed.

Rich
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomenosuke indicates in its blog post that the grips on the Retailer are just for the photo and do not represent the actual grips.

K
megagreg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the Retailer PRO edition pre-sale already begun (and sold out)?
http://www.hollywood-japan.jp/shopdetail/000000005797/038/009/X/page1/order/
Buch
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014/06/13, 13:00 JST, Launch at Hollywood Collector's Gallery

Link: http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/19894728/
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt it is sold out already. I think the "sold out" wording in the Hollywood-Japan website wasn't meant to be there.
I wouldn't worry too much anyway... aren't there going to be 300 total eventually of these?
Noticed the kit version is at a very good price...converting Yen to dollars.
Shocked
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm blocked from seeing the page here at work, but since only 50 units were initially available, it may well be sold out. But I have no information on that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: