FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
So, uh... should we post introductions here? Yes, lets!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome centech...2 months is, indeed, very short for such costume; but not impossible. Good luck and don't be shy to post pics
Golgo13

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Will from California here. I have been building Sci Fi models since I was a kid and collecting props when I can afford them. Been lurking for a while now I figure I should register for an account and become more active in this community.
tinylight
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm a recent addition.

Have been a model maker for the last thirty-odd years and a Bladerunner fan for just slightly less. Working on some figure sculpts at the moment and will post some progress soon.

Looking forward to being part of the community.
Miniatures_Universe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I am Alice Fauveau, I am french, since many years, I have passion for the cinema and miniatures,
my work designer and miniatures sculptor replica. I create different model and creatures for my compagny: Miniatures universe.
I love cinema, science fiction, pop culture, and science's
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to propsummit Alice!

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bienvenue sur le site. Impatient de voir tes miniatures.
Welcome to the site. Impatient to see your miniatures.
bladerunneradrian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! New member, but long time lurker! Looking forward to learning so much from this great community!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome bladerunneradrian
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bladerunneradrian wrote:
Hello everyone! New member, but long time lurker! Looking forward to learning so much from this great community!

Welcome to my Favorite Blade runner space on the internet. I hope you get lost in here too.

Andy
Feuyaer
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may as well be a new user introduction. I signed up here ten years ago!

But I don't think I've visited in a couple years, even for a nostalgic browse. Was very young when I joined -- 17. I suppose I'm still young at 27, but I've got a career, house, wife & dog now. My love of BR has never waned. Despite my wife falling asleep when I tried to show it to her. That's 4 girlfriends who couldn't get through it. Oh well.

Despite the passage of time, I'm even less in a state now to spend income on BR props, but I still have many, all built by the wonderful people here. But now I have a shelf the width of the basement to show them off.

A lot of my spending money and time has been spent in Virtual Reality the past few years. Snagged a Rift DK1, DK2, CV1, and now a Vive.

A couple years back I began re-creating the look and sound of the cityscape in Unity3D while also making it my own. I started to model an apartment with some very familiar props inside of it, and made a VR experience for myself, wherein, in my largely-empty basement, I could physically walk around, lean over the edges of the balcony, take in the sights, etc. It wasn't very professional and I never released it. But my god, if you guys knew how real modern consumer VR can feel...it felt like I was in the world. Truly transportive. The coolest tech I've ever owned, by a mile.

But within a few days (hopefully), and pending Warner Brothers litigation, something I dreamed about 10 years ago is becoming a reality. A VR project, that I'm sure has been posted around here, called Blade Runner 9732 (br9732.com), made by a different gentleman (and the reason I stopped development of my own) will be released. A highly passionate programmer and artist has *painstakingly* created from scratch every possible detail of Deckard's apartment, rich with detail and created with love. Full to explore, with a cityscape. And even a Rachel that roams the dwelling.

That imminent release, along with the reviews coming out now of 2049 made me suddenly remember this place and want to check it out again. To be honest there's very few forums like this anymore. Dedicated bulletin boards/forums, period. Social media changed how we communicate, and Reddit slashed the need to seek out communities, but I miss the more personal touch of these forums, and the dedicated fans who stick together in them. I'm off to check out how this place has changed in the past few years now Smile
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you back here Feuyaer...another fellow Canuck Wink
Yes, that VR (BR 9732) was made by a fellow Belgian (yes, I have dual Citizenship) and posted here (more than a year ago).

Short to have the real set/apt. his work truly transports you into another.
Cannot wait to experience it.
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome everybody, always glad to see new faces !

Fred
djblingbling1
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just joined, glad to be here, been stalking for a while!

I bought a toy blade runner blaster, if you can even call it that, a few years back, and never really did much. With all the hype surrounding the new movie I finally dived a bit deeper into doing some props!

I am building a 3D print blaster, and a water gun one, as well as a hybridy scratch built on the side.

Here's a few pics of stuff ive done:, or where I am at:

My guess is ill be hunting the prop shop very soon!
Wilbur Mercer
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings to everyone
First and foremost, I am a long time lurker and have been very actively looking at the forum since 2009. My main hesitation in joining was due to the fact that I felt I had very little to contribute in comparison to the absolutely incredible things that have been found, made and shared here.
My main motivation for joining now is so that I can discuss Blade Runner 2049 with individuals who have the same obsession and level of passion and personal investment with Blade Runner.

As for myself, I am a Dutch citizen but was born and raised in Singapore and Belgium. I spent my pre-and-teenage years in Hong Kong (pre-and-post handover) and the rest in the USA (Mostly California) and Europe (the Netherlands and Belgium) off and on. Currently I live in Portland, Oregon.

My obsession with Blade Runner began when at age 7 my father let me watch it on Belgian television because, “I think you will like this”.
What I saw that day changed my life and started the obsessive search for anything and everything related to Blade Runner and saw me acquiring the only film I have ever bought more than once on VHS- the so called international version with voice over and later the the Director’s cut when it came out.
The only other film that has obsessed me in equal terms is Andrei Tarkovsky’s Solaris.

The very first time I used the internet was at an internet cafe in Hong Kong. The open station was set-up through an open window so that one was using the computer, standing in the sidewalk outside. As the throngs of people bustled all around me I searched for Blade Runner and was absolutely amazed at the access I suddenly had to a wealth of information.
It sure beat visiting the music store in Pacific Place shopping mall where I would endlessly stare at the large artwork on the Criterion Collection Laserdisc for Blade Runner.

As a teenager living in Hong Kong I had a Blade Runner poster hanging above my bed. Every day it was the first thing I would see upon waking and when not re-watching BR on VHS I was exploring the rain-soaked, neon-lit, signage filled streets of Hong Kong trying to extend that feeling.
Living in the 90s, outside of the Director’s cut being released, I had to satisfy my Blade Runner itch (nothing worse than not being able to scratch it!) reading as much PKD as I could get my hands on, reading Neuromancer and watching TekWar (which I would tape off the TV) and playing the TekWar game. (I loved just wandering around in it).
Finding anything related to Blade Runner was few and far between in those days, but occasionally there were moments-
I recall ordering Paul Sammon’s book from a bookstore when I learned it was coming out and the excruciating week waiting for it to arrive. I remember sitting outside the bookstore reading it then and there for an hour.
I still have photos of the police spinner and a ground ‘sedan’ taken from the ride around Universal Studios Florida and have kept an ERTL ‘Deckard’s ground car’ on every window sill of every place I have lived.

I am so happy that Propsummit has and will be here to help me relieve that Blade Runner itch.
This is truly an incredible community that has shared the most remarkable things related to Blade Runner I have ever seen.
I thank you for having me and hope that I can contribute something here one day.
Artificial Owl
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

A little about myself--my name is Mark. I'm originally from Canada, but have lived in Michigan for over 20 years now.

I'm in my mid-30s, and first saw Blade Runner as a teenager in the mid/late 90s. It's been my favourite film ever since. It was a good time to discover the film, as the Westwood Studios BR computer game came out shortly thereafter, and allowed me to actually interact with the world as seen on film! I love that game and still have it today.

After years of wanting a high quality Blaster replica, I finally pre-ordered the Tomenosuke Blaster currently being offered by the Hollywood Collectibles Group.

I've been admiring all the work the members here have done, and while I don't have a fraction of the skills that most of you do, I look forward to tracking down more props and products and discussing them with the group!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Guys,

Nice to have some fresh blood in here, especially those as obsessed as us. I hope you enjoy your time here in this madhouse Smile

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Belgian/Canadian it warms my heart to welcome you both Wilbur Mercer and Artificial Owl
Artificial Owl
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome, Andy and Joberg. Happy to be here!
Wilbur Mercer
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your warm welcomes.
I very much look forward to my time here.
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What JB and Andy said, WELCOME guys !

Cool

Fred
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: