FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
ALIENS M577 Armored Personnel Carrier Blueprints

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: ALIENS M577 Armored Personnel Carrier Blueprints Reply with quote

M577 Armored Personnel Carrier Blueprints
Complete with Exterior & Interior Views and Technical Data

24x36” Print on Translucent Mylar

Today marks the release of the third blueprint I have produced, the others being the USCSS Nostromo (2009) and the USSS Sulaco (2011). Complete with full exterior views, it also includes interior section views of the vehicle; diagrams of the vehicles weaponry including the top-mounted turret, front-mounted gatling cannon and DSGR missile launchers; and the Roto-Dynamic Industries direct-drive in-wheel motor system.

With the exterior of the APC being fabricated over an aircraft towing vehicle and the interior being built as a separate set, because of the ‘Tardis’ effect where the set seems larger than the vehicle, constructing an accurate blueprint of the PAC interior has long been a challenge. What I have produced is the result of much research of the movie as a viewer– basically hitting pause on the bluray – mixed in with my own ‘best-guess’ real-world interpretations of the areas of the vehicle interior we don’t see in the movie.

The result is a technical blueprint which faithfully uses the ‘what if it was real’ methodology used by many blueprint illustrators of classic science-fiction. With real-world technologies such as the In-Wheel Direct-Drive motor now in 2014 being created by Protean Electric and the micro gas turbine recently used by Jaguar in their concept C-X75 motorcar, we are no longer stuck with the engines and trans-axles of 1986 and trying to fit their mechanical size and bulk into the vehicle, which on previous attempts, would always seem to clash with what we saw on the interior set of the movie.

Whether you are looking for the location of the micro gas turbine engine or the direct-drive motors that make the wheels turn, or the gunner targeting system or the tactical operations center and the storage for the U571C Remote Sentry Units, or just want a good print to put on your wall, this M577 AAPC blueprint is an attempt to answer.

AVAILABLE NOW

24x36” Translucent Mylar
$50 USD including Shipping worldwide

APC Print plus either Nostromo or Sulaco = $80 USD (package price) including Shipping worldwide
APC, Nostromo and Sulaco blueprints = $110 USD (package price) including Shipping worldwide

Please allow up to 28 days for delivery. Email hydride-ion@live.com.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful blue-print as expected Space Jockey...good luck with the sale Cool
TomVDJ
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a picture of the final print (on the translucent mylar)? Might be interested in all three blueprints. Can I aks how it's printed? Is the ink durable (can the blueprints be handled without damaging the print) or can the ink start running / fading when getting wet...
technocoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooohhh. I'm stoked. Just about to have the other two framed, so this is great timing!

TomVDJ,

I can't speak for getting it wet (because why would you even risk that?) but I can say I have both of the other prints from Space Jockey and from what I have experienced they are top notch quality. They are on heavy print vellum and the ink is not smudgy or otherwise delicate to me. They remind me of the drawings contractors or architects normally have on site at the construction phase.

I wouldn't hesitate. They are worth every penny. So much so I'm investing more than the cost of the prints in getting the frames custom made. These are true works of art.

Hope that helps.
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....are there plans for the "Dropship"?...he typed hopefully...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: