FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
• THE IMAGINING OF 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: • THE IMAGINING OF 2019 Reply with quote

This link to OPEN CULTURE was passed on to me today. While some may be aware of it, I thought it worth posting here - a behind-the-scenes look at the construction of the numerous detailed miniatures of 'Blade Runner' – many images I had never seen before, with details seldom revealed.

The article:
http://www.openculture.com/2015/07/blade-runners-miniature-props-revealed-in-142-behind-the-scenes-photos.html

The photos:
http://imgur.com/a/mv8qf#32

There remains SO much yet to be discovered about 'Blade Runner'. I only hope someday someone will publish a comprehensive book - a more visual companion to Sammon's FUTURE NOIR.

HAB1! - R13

Last edited by Replicant 13 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I think that with all of the pics taken during the production/filming of this movie, you could do a coffee table book the size of a car Very Happy

As you, I hope that one day someone will have the courage (to go through the entire work) and do something worthy for the fans.
Sheehan
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Dave, I think that with all of the pics taken during the production/filming of this movie, you could do a coffee table book the size of a car Very Happy

As you, I hope that one day someone will have the courage (to go through the entire work) and do something worthy for the fans.

Indeed. It's high time for an in depth making of BR book. I'd love to see one with the production value of J.W.Rinzler's Making Of The Empire Strikes Back for example. What with BR's 35th anniversary sneaking up and all...
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: BLADE RUNNER BIBLE Reply with quote

Certainly something by 2019, at least . . .

- R13
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this link with them a while back in the studio scale section. (still needs to be renamed, hint hint amish)

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=4659

I am still pining for a "Art of..." book to come out of this film. I heard they wanted to do one, but didn't have the backing to do it fully when they put out the 25th anniversary set with Charlie. I think the images in the disc extras on the latest box set with the mini art book, were kind of a compromise, and an attempt to use up what they had gathered at the time. Not terribly impressive but still worth checking out if you haven't yet.

There was a lot of chaos and stress on this set more than most. It may have put off some of the documentarians recording the behind the scenes events. Ridley also ordered a lot of set stuff destroyed after filming. I wonder how much is still sitting in Jerry Perenchio's warehouse and in some others basements. Would really love to see more of this stuff show up, but I am glad we keep having it discovered over time and keeping us interested. Maybe better than a large dose all at once that we aren't able to digest well and forget about in a few years.

In any case it is great to see this pics over and over again regardless, but even better when we get some real packets of all new stuff. I still remember the days of savoring blurry photos taken from obscure magazines. It all just keeps me coming back for more.

Andy
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: AND THE BEAT GOES ON . . . . Reply with quote

Thanks for chiming in again Andy. Always good to hear your comments as well. - R13
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time will be ripe when Blade Runner 2 comes out... get on that, people!
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: COBWEBS Reply with quote

Yes. Hopefully that will shake a few things loose. The sooner, the better.- R13

Last edited by Replicant 13 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If SRS ordered some of the props to be destroyed, we know for sure that the V.K. machine (U.K. principal photography) is at SRS London's office (Jake Scott mentioned it to one of our member here...Metrokab if my memory serves me well).

Others have still a few (hence the bib Vid-Phone on sale now at the Propstore)... So, not is all lost (thank God) and it would be the bomb if one day someone would have the backing of everyone who was involved in that movie to come up with something great.
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, joberg!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: