FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Short film project I am working on. Pictures included

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimmy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Short film project I am working on. Pictures included Reply with quote

Hey all. I have been working on a screenplay for my Blade Runner short for the past 3 years. Reason why I never done it earlier was because I didn't have the right camera, gear or actors. Well after saving a ton of Money I was able to buy myself the Sony A7s with a bunch of cine lenses and to stabilize everything I purchased the DJI Ronin. The film is to be shot 95% of the time at night. I needed to get a perfect Lowlight camera and the Sony A7s does not disappoint. I want to take my time with this project, I don't want to rush it at all. I know it's a "Sci Fi" Genre but I will not use any CGI because with my experience with 3D it will look corny. I will work mostly with camera views and lighting as well as the environment, and will grade it to look like a 1980's film. Luckily I live in China Town in NYC so the atmosphere is perfect. Some of my favorite directors are Stanley Kubrick, Terry Gilliam, War Kar Wei, George Miller and of course Ridley Scott. I will try my BEST to use some of their camera technique into this project. It isn't by no means to be a perfect looking film since this will be my first film project but like I will put full effort into making this project look good. Grew up loving Blade Runner and since my dream is to become a director I decided that my first project will be a Blade Runner short. I have done photography for over 15 years so I will also put that skill into my film making. I really hope you guys like the short film when it is done. I will post up a synopsis in the near future. Might be released next year if everything goes as planned Smile Here are some shots. The first picture is just a demo still image picture, the final outfit will not look like that Smile. The second is a screenshot of a test video shot. And yes, the protagonist is a female Shocked

Last edited by Grimmy on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beardybloke
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sound really exciting can't wait to see the short film, the stills look so moody and noir ish 😀
Grimmy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beardybloke wrote:
This sound really exciting can't wait to see the short film, the stills look so moody and noir ish 😀

Thank you!! I specifically wrote the screenplay to be closer to the book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" it might take place a bit after the time of the book Wink

Because of how great the book was I do plan in including the empathy box, the mentioning of animals and how rare they are and of course Buster Friendly. That's just a little tip of the iceberg for now :X

I'll keep you all updated Very Happy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have all my sympathy Movies are not easy to make (as you probably know by now). Love the second pic better than the first one (more ambiance, dark, smoggy ) love the use of the lit screen.
I know it's your project, but I would've tried to have another type of weapon for your female lead. Seems that the gun is too big for her.
Eager to see the next update and seeing that you live in NY, there's plenty of locations that you can use in this big city Wink
Grimmy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
You have all my sympathy Movies are not easy to make (as you probably know by now). Love the second pic better than the first one (more ambiance, dark, smoggy ) love the use of the lit screen.
I know it's your project, but I would've tried to have another type of weapon for your female lead. Seems that the gun is too big for her.
Eager to see the next update and seeing that you live in NY, there's plenty of locations that you can use in this big city Wink

Funny you mention that I also felt that the gun was too big for her too after I received it. I was planning on either buying the Snub version of the blaster or just finding another blaster. I was even considering making my own after seeing Adam Savage video of him showing off his Blaster collection and making one out of a EDISON GIOCATTOLI gun. I still have tons of homework to do.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of our members here are making a snub : Rick Ross of course and sometimes, DaveG (don't know if it's still available through him).
Eager to see the next set of pics!
Grimmy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
A few of our members here are making a snub : Rick Ross of course and sometimes, DaveG (don't know if it's still available through him).
Eager to see the next set of pics!

Nice! I will definitely ask these memebrs about it thank you! Very Happy

I found one online but the price was a bit steep. here's the link http://goldbergarts.com/store/blade-runner-snub-nose-blaster

I have also been searching for more props I can use for the film to give it that retro-fi look. The little screen that was lit on that screenshot is of a Panasonic Luma that I thought looked like a nice addition for the film. From the 80's it was designed by Atari and has a front facing camera too.

oh, and here's a better picture of my main actress Very Happy

More pics to come in the near future
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimmy, if you need any help feel free to PM me. I've walked the road my friend. And I have cases of props you may find useful.

The photos look great. Good for you for being undeterred.
Grimmy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland wrote:
Grimmy, if you need any help feel free to PM me. I've walked the road my friend. And I have cases of props you may find useful.

The photos look great. Good for you for being undeterred.

WOW Noeland Thank you so much! and I certainly will pm you! Thank you!!

As for what's going on with the film right now, I am currently doing some location scouting around NYC, looking for some nice old looking buildings. I will post up potential places after I get permission from the builder owner/tentants and once I get the go I will be taking pictures and create a 3D
model of the place using Google Sketchup so I can see what angles I can work with Smile. Google Sketchup is perfect for storyboard making too Smile Here's a Sketchup of my apartment that will be included in the short:

I do plan to shoot the film when it gets colder outside Wink

Also I ordered a vintage Sylvania MQ9014GY TV-Radio and came in the mail today!. Here's a screenshot grab I took today:

will be doing a casting call for the remaining actors in the coming days. Have so much work to do! Extremely excited
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good face for the actress...a little bit like Chirsten Dunst Wink
Lots to do? Yep, it's about making sure you're distinguishing between "Urgent" and "Important" Wink ...you have all my attention Sir!
Grimmy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Good face for the actress...a little bit like Chirsten Dunst Wink
Lots to do? Yep, it's about making sure you're distinguishing between "Urgent" and "Important" Wink ...you have all my attention Sir!

Thanks Joberg! Yeah she is very excited to play the lead role Very Happy

I was able to get the thumbs up for a couple of locations but one in particular that I have been eyeing for some time now is a construction site for a night scene. I called and the owner and asked him if I could film at night time. He told me he would call me back later on when he has more time to talk. He seemed excited and wanted to know what the film is about so hopefully he will give me permission. Keeping my fingers crossed . Here's a ss:

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a good location. I'm sure that you have already a few set-ups in mind. Eager to see the next update
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shot. Love the little crosswalk guy right frame!

CROSS NOW . . . CROSS NOW . . . CROSS NOW
Beardybloke
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on this grimmy I'm sure I'm not the only one here who loved the look of the teaser Pics you posted last time , hope the project is going well Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: