FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Final Cut DVD vs. HD Speculation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessejericho
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Final Cut DVD vs. HD Speculation? Reply with quote

Anyone have speculation as to the quality difference between the DVD and HD (Blu-Ray / HDVD) versions? I'm trying to decide between buying a more universally compatible DVD set, or Blu-Ray that I can only play on my PS3...
Rachael
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a speculation as to the quality of the Final Cut itself, but if you are considering what player to get, you might want to do some research on BluRay. I have heard that they tend to be fragile and get hairline cracks on the inner ring. This is due to a coating that makes the disc scratch resistant, which does a bang-up job but also causes the surface to be brittle.

Of course, there are lots of considerations, and I sure would like a PS console, so I'm not knocking the format as a whole.

Do we know if BR is going to be an exclusive for either format? At this point, I'm just planning to bat my eyelashes and swipe someone else's copy...
jessejericho
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachael wrote:
Not really a speculation as to the quality of the Final Cut itself, but if you are considering what player to get, you might want to do some research on BluRay. I have heard that they tend to be fragile and get hairline cracks on the inner ring. This is due to a coating that makes the disc scratch resistant, which does a bang-up job but also causes the surface to be brittle.

Of course, there are lots of considerations, and I sure would like a PS console, so I'm not knocking the format as a whole.

Do we know if BR is going to be an exclusive for either format? At this point, I'm just planning to bat my eyelashes and swipe someone else's copy...

Well I do have a PS3, so I would likely get the Blu-Ray version. The Final Cut is available on DVD, Blu-Ray, and HD-DVD.
superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. . . I didn't realize it would be available in all 3 formats.
That's good news for me, as right now I can't really afford a new HD or BluRay player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: