FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner 2. Really, really, bad idea because,........

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Blade Runner 2. Really, really, bad idea because,........ Reply with quote

The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

The Force Awakens

and the Upcoming,

Episode 8: The First Order Gets Even

It ends with Fin stuck in a refrigerator and being sold to Gerbal the Slug.

Okay aside from a few lost souls pretty much everyone hates the prequels and KOTCS. You really don't meet a lot of people who like those movies.

I can only assume the entire population has suffered a mental breakdown as many, if not most seem to love TFA even though it's a terrible rip off of A New Hope.

Anyway Blade Runner, the Original Theatrical Cut, is one of the best films made ever with the best ending to any movie ever. Bad guy has defeated the Hero and saves his life, for no reason. Greatest scene ever in any movie ever including my two favorite movies Raiders and Return of the Jedi, followed closely by Blade Runner. Yes Jedi is best and Ewoks rule!!

Blade Runner was perfect as is.

The "new" version bites. Losing the narration is ridiculous as that's where you learn almost everything about the plot, character, etc. Fans who say they prefer the new non narration version are remembering what they know from the narration. I really don't see how changing a huge masterpiece like this by doing nothing but taking away from the original is a good thing.

Aside from a few improved effects the new versions not only sucks, I do not believe for a second Blade Runner would be what it is today and in fact would be forgotten about if this new no narration, dead ending was what we originally got.

Okay even if you do not agree with me and prefer the God awful Ridley version and like TFA (seek help, you are suffering from something) 99% of people hate the Prequels and Indy 4 so how about we leave it alone. It was perfect. Weirdos who want Deckard to be a replicant can believe he was. Those of us who don't need to seek quite as much mental help can enjoy knowing he was human as him being a replicant makes no sense, and they ride off living happily ever after.

Really think about KOTCS and the Prequels. Do we really want anyone messing with Blade Runner.

IMO of course.

BTW no one needs to get all offended and start name calling. It's just my opinion and having a little fun. I just know they are going to ruin it.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shia LeBeouf as Deckard would pretty much be a perfect Blade Runner movie.
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hirohawa wrote:
Shia LeBeouf as Deckard would pretty much be a perfect Blade Runner movie.

That is just cruel.

The one big problem I have with Blade Runner is when Deckard loses his gun. He would have gone back for it as he has no prayer against Roy without it and he knows it. It should have fallen into a fan, as there were plenty, or in some other way where he could not retrieve it.

The one thing I like in the Ridley version was they fixed the sky when Roy dies and the dove flies away. The Zora face fix was cool as well.

I really wish I had the talent to make my own cut.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the Original cut works better without the narration the Film feels even longer and a texture is missing from it.

As you mentioned I also like the new fixes they did to technically clean some stuff up like the horrible dubbing in the snake dealer scene with Hassan.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can breathe easy...Ridley is not directing the movie
I know, it's also cruel...but fair Wink
I have a New Hope for that movie (Villeneuve/Fancher) Ford coming back (seems that Gaff will make an appearance...but shhh! It's a secret )
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
I think we can breathe easy...Ridley is not directing the movie
I know, it's also cruel...but fair Wink
I have a New Hope for that movie (Villeneuve/Fancher) Ford coming back (seems that Gaff will make an appearance...but shhh! It's a secret )

Ridley makes the most incredible looking movies that make no sense. Gladiator, Promethius, etc.

If someone who could actually write a good story focusing on Deckard, not some "next generation" B.S. and let Ridley direct, dress the set and have no say whatsoever in dialogue and story it could be awesome.

Blade Runner 2 is a terrible idea.

It will likely ruin the original like Star Wars. Anakin Skywalker was a large, imposing Jedi who fell from grace. Not a whiny bitch. Now when I see ANH that's all I can see. With TFA I can't even enjoy my beloved Jedi as it goes so stupid from there.

Please Lord hear me,...Stop this movie. Just let it be.
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many examples of films that were for all intents and purposes made strictly as"one offs" that had sequel/sequels produced that were equal if not greater films than the original.

I`ll just use one as it is relevant to the current Blade Runner experience. Mad Max.

Love all the cuts of BR. The original is special as its the only BR I knew for a long time. The VHS Cut.

More Gaff!
RepliCAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video game was a decent enough sequel to me, being similar enough to the film while maintaining enough differences that it wasn't just a ripoff. I'd be up for something like that but the way movies are made these days, I don't know if they'd be able to capture the same lightning in a new bottle. They'd probably overdo the cgi and it wouldn't have the same charm.

But honestly, you got Ridley Scott preoccupied with Alien Covenant and Harrison Ford preoccupied with Indiana Jones and the Legend of the Dead Horse, BR2 is probably going to stay in development hell until it's forgotten or Harrison Ford changes his mind about doing it.
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the concept that a potentially lesser sequel somehow "ruins" the original. A New Hope was not ruined for me when the prequels came out. Nor was the original Godfather after Part III came out.

I'm in the camp that hated the narration in the original cut and I think the changes made in the Final Cut were simply fixing some goofs that were always nagging at people.

If you think the sequel's an awful idea, by all means, don't see it. The version that you like the best will always be there for you to watch.
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus7 wrote:
I don't understand the concept that a potentially lesser sequel somehow "ruins" the original. A New Hope was not ruined for me when the prequels came out.

I'm in the camp that hated the narration in the original cut and I think the changes made in the Final Cut were simply fixing some goofs that were always nagging at people.

If you think the sequel's an awful idea, by all means, don't see it. The version that you like the best will always be there for you to watch.

After TFA I may take your advice. For me TFA just ruined what was left of me loving the OT. The idea of what happened between ROTJ and TFA and how they handled it is not what my childhood heroes would have done. Just takes the fun out of it. Plus give me a freaking break. Four movies with the OT people and three of four have the exact same plot.

Come on already.

Also if your gonna do Blade Runner 2 it should center on Deckard and look and feel just like the original, music, setting, mood, etc. I doubt they will do that.

We shall see.
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameth wrote:
Nexus7 wrote:
I don't understand the concept that a potentially lesser sequel somehow "ruins" the original. A New Hope was not ruined for me when the prequels came out.

After TFA I may take your advice. For me TFA just ruined what was left of me loving the OT. The idea of what happened between ROTJ and TFA and how they handled it is not what my childhood heroes would have done. Just takes the fun out of it. Plus give me a freaking break. Four movies with the OT people and three of four have the exact same plot.

Come on already.

Also if your gonna do Blade Runner 2 it should center on Deckard and look and feel just like the original, music, setting, mood, etc. I doubt they will do that.

We shall see.

But unlike TFA should have it's on story, not just a rip off of the first one.
Art Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[,,,,.

Last edited by Art Deckard on Tue May 21, 2019 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameth wrote:

We shall see.

For mine that's a worst case scenario.

TFA is a product of the Disney Corporation and as a result I always knew it was never meant to be an outstanding continuation of the SW legacy, just a soulless stepping stone. BB-8 rocks though.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "ambiance" of the sequel will be the "same" as the first one.
Also, depending on the story, L.A. (or somewhere else) has changed (for the worst)...it ain't 2019 anymore Toto Wink

It's been 34 years since we saw Deck and Rachael...what happened?
Maybe, we'll see Tyrell out of his cryo-sleep? Probably another sets of Reps (more difficult to V.K. Rolling Eyes ) Gaff as a Police Chief? Who knows were the writers will lead us...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: