FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Rick Ross Police Special Doppelganger Blaster kit help

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Rick Ross Police Special Doppelganger Blaster kit help Reply with quote

I recently got a great prop lot off Ebay and it included this kit.

I have no idea what the value is and don't know anything about this kit.

I am deciding weather to keep it or sell it.

Can anyone give me some background info in this kit and an idea of what it might sell for??

Thanks so much.

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the quality of the casting it appears to be one of his originals, and not a recast. Unfortunately this gun has been recast quite bit which can hurt, or at least confuse values. It is also in competition now with metal and functioning kits. But on the other hand, it is also becoming much more rare to see one up for sale, and in my mind it is an Iconic piece that holds its own still today making it a piece that should increase in value and in the right circumstances sell for a pretty penny. On average these used to sell many years ago for over$ 100 each, and often up to $200 or more. Rick retailed his for between $75 and $150 and is not making any currently. Resin models have fallen a little bit out of favor in recent years, as opposed to metal and finished kits, but I could see one of these sell for close to the $300 range or better in the right setting. Hope this helps.

Andy
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
From the quality of the casting it appears to be one of his originals, and not a recast. Unfortunately this gun has been recast quite bit which can hurt, or at least confuse values. It is also in competition now with metal and functioning kits. But on the other hand, it is also becoming much more rare to see one up for sale, and in my mind it is an Iconic piece that holds its own still today making it a piece that should increase in value and in the right circumstances sell for a pretty penny. On average these used to sell many years ago for over$ 100 each, and often up to $200 or more. Rick retailed his for between $75 and $150 and is not making any currently. Resin models have fallen a little bit out of favor in recent years, as opposed to metal and finished kits, but I could see one of these sell for close to the $300 range or better in the right setting. Hope this helps.

Andy

Thank you sir. That does help a great deal.

Still undecided. Basically I have three fore sure.

Tomenosuke Pro-The First one.

Rich's latest-Currently being built

The Offworld 2019 with my 1/1

And a resin piece of junk I bought in 97 that I thought was the bomb,..so technically I have four for sure, and currently five with the Rick Ross.

So now the question is do I keep the Rick Ross, snag the other Tomenosuke versions and finally snag a full metal Sidkit so thus I have all the awesome Blade Runner blasters or do I skip it and just keep the three I have????

Decisions, decisions,.......
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, you can never have enough of the replica blasters. Keep it. but that is just me. Wink

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Andy said, it's an original kit and not a re-cast. Valuable piece for sure.
I would keep it
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: