FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
RIP moogybaby

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: RIP moogybaby Reply with quote

One of our first members (#7 to be exact), and long time rabble rouser Thomas Moogan has passed away. I know a lot of people here knew him personally and loved him. I wish I had the chance to meet him but never did. If there is a next life, maybe we will. It is too early to know cause of death, but if I learn I will try to post.

RIP Tom.

Andy
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. DAMN. That is sad news. While I never met him in person either, I sure did like him. He was one of the first people in the hobby to welcome me in many, many years ago.

Damn. He was taken much too young.

Shocked
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always sad to loose someone so young. I never knew him or dealt with him on the board. Condolences to his family and friends Crying or Very sad
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom was always an interesting person, to say the least. Yes, he could be brusque, maddening, insulting, condescending, and a very polarizing figure. But, he could also be one of the friendliest, funniest, most giving people you could ever meet. When I was new to the prop community, I was invited to his home and introduced to some of the most talented people out there. Then, on our second meeting, he found out that, even though I was helping to run this place, I did not own a PKD. He found this unacceptable and, as the night was ending, he walked me to the trunk of his car, and right there in the middle of a NYC parking garage, he just gave me one. No questions. No money. No trades. He just wanted me to have it. I'll always remember that night (it was the same night that I met Rick Ross for the first time).

Rest well, my friend. We may not have always seen eye-to-eye (how could we, when you were 6 foot+ and I'm only 5'8"), but you were my friend, and I'll always remember you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: