FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Zhora costume - Spikes and chains

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnnaDragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Zhora costume - Spikes and chains Reply with quote

Hi all, new to the forum and very excited to find such a cool resource and community.

For the past few years I have been costuming Zhora. My first attempt took many hours of hand sewing and some help from friends to produce such a tiny amount of clothing, but it was so worth it!

I want to made some upgrades to the costume to get a more screen accurate image and was hoping some of you could help.

Spiked leg guards - I have used both aluminum foil fashioned into spikes and cake decorating tips to imitate her spikes, but these options are not ideal. In looking at as many screen shots from the movie, from Geoff/Ridleyville's website I am still at a loss for what exactly her spikes are. They vaguely remind me of high hell spikes. Heavy hardware is out because it will add too much weight to the leg guards I wear. Does anyone know or have a good speculation about the material or a close approximation to the ones she is wearing?

Leg chains? - Again I am not sure what these are made of exactly and weight is an issue (too heavy might pull my bottoms down! Shocked ) I have been using silver ribbon, which meets the light weight criteria, but sticks to my thighs like white on rice. I figure if Joanna Cassidy can run in these badboys and not rip her bottoms off they must be made of something else, but what?!

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - I posted a group photo of my BR cabal from last year in the cosplay thread.
Gee Dub
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi just so you know I have posted closeups of the costume on Facebook BladeZone I have handled them at Joanna house and took photos the spikes are cast rubber.. the the chain is just elastic type material the demi boot just come up to the ankle then of course the leggings are buckeled on..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: