FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Lighted "Pulp Fiction" briefcase mod: suggestions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MsGeek
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Lighted "Pulp Fiction" briefcase mod: suggestions? Reply with quote

I have an aluminum briefcase which I am using for two reasons: one to carry my laptop in, the other to carry my Blade Runner-esque Sci-Fi Props PKD Snubbie when it's finished. However, I have always wanted to mod the briefcase so that it would have light inside, to give it that Pulp Fiction - Repo Man - Kiss Me Deadly sort of radioactive glow effect.

I think trying to set it up like a refrigerator, where you would have a hidden pressure or magnet switch which would allow it to light up automagically when opened would be foolhardy and run down batteries unnecessarily. I can see times when I'd want to keep the briefcase open, particularly to show off the contents. I'm thinking that a little switch, one which is not very noticeable, in the top of the case would be the best thing for activating/deactivating the lights.

I'm thinking that three to five white Luxeon LEDs will be sufficient. Aiming the lights would be critical, so that you get the "light pouring out as you open it" efffect.

Anyone have any ideas on how to execute this?
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsGeek,

While I am not a pro at this, I think one of the easiest ways to do this would be to bastardize an existing item. Maybe one of those cheap book lights that use LEDs and turn on automatically when you extend the arm.

Just a thought.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Non Blade Runner Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: