FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
2049 replica props.........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DVD Connoisseur
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've a "close enough" tin on the way. It'll do until I track down a more accurate version. Thing about this prop is, a little rust and wear makes it more authentic.

Shocked as to how the value of certain items have shot up already. Hopefully, things will return to some kind of normality once the buzz around 2049 quietens down.
marcuslaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD Connoisseur wrote:
I've a "close enough" tin on the way. It'll do until I track down a more accurate version. Thing about this prop is, a little rust and wear makes it more authentic.

Shocked as to how the value of certain items have shot up already. Hopefully, things will return to some kind of normality once the buzz around 2049 quietens down.

Quiets down? If anything, it'll only get worse. Not to say 2049 is on the same footing, but collecting after the first film didn't really take off until 10 years or more following its debut.

It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of people collecting 2049 props are us experienced BR collectors who are simply maintaining our pace. Just wait until the newbies catch on.
DVD Connoisseur
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcuslaw wrote:

Quiets down? If anything, it'll only get worse. Not to say 2049 is on the same footing, but collecting after the first film didn't really take off until 10 years or more following its debut.

It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of people collecting 2049 props are us experienced BR collectors who are simply maintaining our pace. Just wait until the newbies catch on.

I guess I'm being a little optimistic. The plus side of all the attention is it'll drive the creative geniuses out there to produce some more dazzling replicas. There are so many items I'd loved to own from the new movie and I think it's just a matter of time until they start appearing. It's a golden age of collecting.
marcuslaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD Connoisseur wrote:
I guess I'm being a little optimistic. The plus side of all the attention is it'll drive the creative geniuses out there to produce some more dazzling replicas. There are so many items I'd loved to own from the new movie and I think it's just a matter of time until they start appearing. It's a golden age of collecting.

Agreed. I'm hoping Randy Cooper is busy creating a kit for K's Spinner and Richard Coyle busy prepping his blaster.
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcuslaw wrote:
DVD Connoisseur wrote:

I think that this is probably correct. Especially as the amount of these (antique) items gets fewer and fewer the prices are going to start to get bananas. One member noticed that the price of the "Pale Fire" paperback edition that shown in the film has already gone through the roof.
Talyn
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcuslaw wrote:
DVD Connoisseur wrote:

Agreed. I'm hoping Randy Cooper is busy creating a kit for K's Spinner and Richard Coyle busy prepping his blaster.

Neca has K's Spinner covered, 3" and 6" versions:

http://necaonline.com/2017/07/cinemachines-collectible-die-cast-replica-3-blade-runner-2049-spinner/
marcuslaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talyn wrote:
Neca has K's Spinner covered, 3" and 6" versions:

http://necaonline.com/2017/07/cinemachines-collectible-die-cast-replica-3-blade-runner-2049-spinner/

That might satisfy the needs of some, but nothing replaces a gorgeous 1:12 scale model from King Cooper (http://randycoopermodelsdesign.squarespace.com/new-page/) like the one I have shown below (Gaff figure out for modification).

Talyn
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

Anyone got any pics of Luv's knife? I remember it being pretty awesome.

I did find this:
https://www.minterandrichterdesigns.com/blogs/minter-and-richter/scott-s-knife-featured-in-blade-runner-2049-film
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Spinner for sure Cool and no, nothing confirmed on the knife used by Luv.
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: COVER STORY Reply with quote

Working from the furnished image - distorting and correcting - and accessing the suggested font, here is a quick mockup. Not a perfect match, since the angled image kept the fonts from a perfect alignment, but using the Eloquent font as a guide, I tried to get the proportions of the cover as close as possible -

As discussed elsewhere, fonts can vary slightly from different foundries - weight, characters, etc. - the only noticeable difference here seeming to be a slight variation in the tail on the cap R (correct on this image).
(The height of the cover might be a tad tall as well, easily cropped from the bottom.)

HAB1! - R13

Last edited by Replicant 13 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
DVD Connoisseur
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replicant 13, I know we've discussed this many times but you really must sell your designs. Yes, they may fall into the hands of the baddies at some point but your work needs to see a wider audience. Simply stunning creations!

Perhaps a book project? Prints? Life's too short to keep the illustrations hidden away.
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is looking for the Bormioli glasses, West Elm is selling them in a set of 6 for the same price that Amazon is selling a set of 4 for:

https://www.westelm.com/products/cassiopeia-glassware-set-d1447/

Last edited by Nexus7 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Dave Love that cover!

Now, about the glasses: the pics that surfaced at the beginning (bait for us fans) showed the Italian glass design.

In the movie, that glass design is nowhere in sight Confused Another whisky glass, simpler in looks makes its appearance...why? Frankly, I don't know.
Maybe it was just for publicity purposes, or...

Now the search continues for the glasses that are actually showing up on the screen Wink
KTmS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm building a graphic of the new lapd logo,
but am completely perplexed by the two japanese characters right below 'department' in this image:
http://cdn3-www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/gallery/blade-runner-2049-experience-comic-con-2017/img_3227.jpg
i believe it's furigana,
but don't even know where to begin.
anyhow,
any advice is appreciated!
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: DOING HOMEWORK Reply with quote

THANKS (AGAIN!) Joberg!!!

KTmS -

I know this is "old school" but when I was researching the characters atop Tom Southwells' "FASH" cover I hadn't a clue. I assumed they were Japanese, but perhaps Chinese or even Korean.

SOUTHWELLS ORIGINAL vs. MY "REBOOT"

I searched online but eventually found most of my answers in a used book store. Like "American" fonts, there are different styles, which makes it triply difficult to find the exact characters. I began by enlarging the screen captures I had from here and elsewhere. I got it about 95% correct - I actually traced the shapes in Illustrator first - but it was a member here (Temponaut) who eventually chimed in and answered my questions, and actually translated the words, revealing that they had been jumbled in the creation of the fake magazine cover (something you could not get away with today) - This should not be an issue in today's world.

You can wait and perhaps someone like Temponaut might help here, but otherwise, I suggest doing a little ol' Deckard detective work.

In my opinion, the hunt is the best part of the journey. - R13
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: GLASS IN QUESTION Reply with quote

Yes, and after all that discussion too!

So Joberg, got any pics of the one that was actually used?

Are these those of which you speak? - R13
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one shot where Joshi was holding one in K's apartment and I could swear that it looked more like this version of the Bormioli. The lines looked smoother than the other version.

I am seeing the film again tomorrow so I will try and look closely.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075RJJYTY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Last edited by Nexus7 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: GLASS IN QUESTION Reply with quote

Replicant 13 wrote:
Yes, and after all that discussion too!

So Joberg, got any pics of the one that was actually used?

Are these those of which you speak? - R13

I definitely remember those from Joshi's office.
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: CLEAR CHOICES Reply with quote

Gotta say hope you're right, N7. I like the looks of this much better. Seems more exact, more symmetrical and curvy, refined.

Joberg may be right - that they used a different one in earlier promos, but I'd vote for this one. The other may well still be there, in the backgrounds. There seems a considerable variety of glassware in both films. Much yet to be discovered prop-wise, once out on high-def.

Let us know your conclusion after your second viewing. - R13

Last edited by Replicant 13 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
rickhoward
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTmS, I think that this is what you're looking for. 証 拠 = evidence, proof. The kanji/character form on the prop is in a style called Shinjitai.

KTmS wrote:
i'm building a graphic of the new lapd logo,
but am completely perplexed by the two japanese characters right below 'department' in this image:
http://cdn3-www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/gallery/blade-runner-2049-experience-comic-con-2017/img_3227.jpg
i believe it's furigana,
but don't even know where to begin.
anyhow,
any advice is appreciated!

Last edited by rickhoward on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 8 of 22

Jump to: