FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Design Thread: Nostromo interiors and deck configurations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion related to Alien
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vader
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my latest edition. Little tweaks here and there still to do; then I'll be about done, I think.

After that, one can start going crazy with the detailing ... but that might be a task for someone with a bit more time to spare, not to mention the proper software (I've done all of these in PowerPoint)...

Enjoy!

jkruse05

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look excellent. Personally, I still imagine the observation deck to be present just above the bridge, but that's more personal preference than anything. I think the next step is probably figuring out which rooms have ventilation access and where those vents travel.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's looking very good Vader Cool
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive effort to determine the Nostromo inner spaces !
Some very cool ideas here !!!
Vader
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkruse05 wrote:
I think the next step is probably figuring out which rooms have ventilation access and where those vents travel.

I agree. I already have a fairly shrewd notion of where some of those ducts need to run, and approximately where the "3rd junction" ought to be located ... but more information is needed before that part of the puzzle can be solved.

Have you -- or anybody else here -- made any effort to map what we do know, which basically is the sequence of turns Dallas makes in the ducts?

Has anyone seen any production information on this -- set drawings, that sort of thing?
FenGiddel
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been searching for any kind of information about the "vents" Dallas crawled through. Apparently a sparsely documented piece of the film... ;(

Oh! And I am enjoying seeing your ideas for the outboard engine nacelles.
FenGiddel
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing some thinking about the nacelle internals and sketched this to get me started. I based the thrust angles on the angles of the lifter nozzles, albeit roughly.

Vader: your nacelle interiors have taken into account spaces for the internal machinery, which is what got me thinking about this in new ways.

Graham: I am not sure what you are doing with (or can say about) your blueprints book drawings, but it would be cool to see a bit of the nacelles.

Starrigger: when you designed your "landing gear deploying" video, did you have any thoughts about the spatial relationship of the gear/bays to the nacelle's internal ducting?

Due to the size of the nacelles, it would seem they might be self-contained and somewhat independent of the main power unit that energizes the ship and the hyperdrive generating equipment.

If so, perhaps the tankage to provide fuel for the lifters' operation provide limited use, determined by the ship's flight profile for the voyage.

This provides an interesting plot 'engine' for stories involving CTVs going off-mission to investigate unexplained signals from uncharted planetoids: maybe life support is not the only thing that is counted in units of "time spent out of hypersleep"?

Just a few thoughts...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion related to Alien All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: