FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner VR game BR:2049

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syrinx
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Blade Runner VR game BR:2049 Reply with quote

As the follow up movie Blade Runner 2049 is coming in October 2017, Alcon Entertainment and Occulus VR will release a VR game.

Not details on what this actually will be, but I sure hope I get to ride a Spinner!

What I could find was something 360-related on the webs:

https://youtu.be/IAd2xSbnC0Q

(works with chrome)

What would you like it to be?
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ride in the Spinner would be the bomb! Hovering above buildings and streets, that's my wish
br64fan
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get " androids dream " from the play store.Its wonderful . You even get to sit next to Gaff.

http://tinyurl.com/j6fy563
Dascoyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flight in the Oculus still makes me nauseated.

My dream would be to walk around Deckard's apartment or walk through First Sector Chinatown.
br64fan
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,there is always this.
http://tinyurl.com/ptgp93j
Dascoyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it’s out and I downloaded the app last night. It’s not so much a game as an interactive short where you’re in the shoes of a Blade Runner with corrupted memory implants. I won’t spoil it but the opening has you in the cockpit of a spinner flying over LA at night in the rain. It’s more of an intro so you’re not really piloting it. Still, it’s completely breathtaking. I don’t want to spoil anything but has anyone else tried it?
Dascoyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
A ride in the Spinner would be the bomb! Hovering above buildings and streets, that's my wish
Then you have to try the intro to this app on Oculus or Vive.
marcuslaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dascoyne wrote:
Well it’s out and I downloaded the app last night. It’s not so much a game as an interactive short where you’re in the shoes of a Blade Runner with corrupted memory implants. I won’t spoil it but the opening has you in the cockpit of a spinner flying over LA at night in the rain. It’s more of an intro so you’re not really piloting it. Still, it’s completely breathtaking. I don’t want to spoil anything but has anyone else tried it?

I am quite willing to upgrade my PC and purchase Oculus but have been told by some that VR is dying and not to bother. Whether or not that's true is this good enough to warrant following through and getting a system?
Dascoyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcuslaw wrote:
Dascoyne wrote:

I am quite willing to upgrade my PC and purchase Oculus but have been told by some that VR is dying and not to bother. Whether or not that's true is this good enough to warrant following through and getting a system?

It’s not dying. I think some folks are of that opinion only because the cost keeps it from exploding and wiping out consoles. But it’s just a different market.

I love VR. It made me realize that my main reason for playing PC first person shooters was for that sense of immmersion. Since I got the Oculus I haven’t played any 2D games at all. I enjoy just having VR “experiences.” Even if Oculus and Vive were to shut down (unlikely since Oculus is owned by Facebook) there will simply be a thriving community of independent developers to build new content and I can still watch movies in one of several virtual movie theaters.
marcuslaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how well does this VR game relate to the BR world in terms of aesthetics, environment, characters . . . the whole feel of the film(s)?
Artificial Owl
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this is an adapted version of the VR Experience from San Diego Comic Con? I went through the Blade Runner Experience there, but not the VR part.
Dascoyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they’re different.

What I downloaded is called Blade Runner 2049: Memory Lab on Oculus Rift. Not to be confused with Replicant Pursuit which is on Gear VR which I haven’t tried.
Artificial Owl
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dascoyne wrote:
I think they’re different.

What I downloaded is called Blade Runner 2049: Memory Lab on Oculus Rift. Not to be confused with Replicant Pursuit which is on Gear VR which I haven’t tried.

Thanks for the info. I haven't gotten into the VR, because I didn't have much faith in it. What are your thoughts on it? Is there enough to do to justify the investment?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: