FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
2049 replica props.........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo Cool white43!!
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: CIGAR? Reply with quote

If that's not it, it's awfully close - IMO - R13
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree!
bwade wanna
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I IDed the oval low ball rocks oval tumbler Deckard drinks from at his apartment - they're actually etched at the bottom with the Johnnie Walker name and logo. Snagged a pair off eBay. My search was inspired by white43's post at the top of page 9, although the link he posted shows what appear to be glasses that taper inward toward the top. Could be an illusion, but it doesn't seem to be the case in the photos I took of the Johnnie Walker tumblers.

I'm pretty sure that mine once were part of bottle & tumbler set. Here's an example that has the identical tumblers, but with the Johnnie Walker logo and name edged further up from the bottom:

https://www.drinksupermarket.com/johnnie-walker-black-label-12-yo-2x-glass-tumblers-blended-scotch-whisky-70cl-gift-pack-40-abv

white43
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find mate!

How do you know that they're etched Johnnie Walker in the film?

It's an illusion that the others taper in, they don't.
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those look identical to the others, except for the etching.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find indeed...seems to jive with the ones in the movie Cool
bwade wanna
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

white43 wrote:
Nice find mate!

Oh, I don't know if the screen-used glasses are etched, and I don't know if we'll be able to tell once the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray comes out. If they're etched, Ford may have held that side of the glass away from the camera.

Since Diageo - Jhonnie Walker's parent company - has several product placements in the film (you see a Diageo neon sign on the side of an L.A. building in the film), I wouldn't be surprised if Johnnie Walker offered these tumblers to Villeneuve, which they do bundle with bottles in sets, as I showed earlier. In the clip where Villeneuve discusses the bottle, you can see a smaller, cylindrical glass next to the bottle, so I didn't learn anything from the clip, unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uURpPA3pdPg

In any event, I like the fact that mine are Johnnie Walker branded - the screen accuracy is either 0% or 50%. Smile
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've Superman's extra-vision if you see an etching from a screen cap (even 4 K wouldn't help you) Rolling Eyes

By the look of it, bwade wanna has, obviously, done his homework; I'm sure this is the design that Ford held in that scene
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwade wanna wrote:
white43 wrote:
Nice find mate!

Oh, I don't know if the screen-used glasses are etched, and I don't know if we'll be able to tell once the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray comes out. If they're etched, Ford may have held that side of the glass away from the camera.

Since Diageo - Jhonnie Walker's parent company - has several product placements in the film (you see a Diageo neon sign on the side of an L.A. building in the film), I wouldn't be surprised if Johnnie Walker offered these tumblers to Villeneuve, which they do bundle with bottles in sets, as I showed earlier. In the clip where Villeneuve discusses the bottle, you can see a smaller, cylindrical glass next to the bottle, so I didn't learn anything from the clip, unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uURpPA3pdPg

In any event, I like the fact that mine are Johnnie Walker branded - the screen accuracy is either 0% or 50%. Smile

Awesome find. If you click back two pages on this thread you'll see that white43 posted the same glasses. I'm guessing JW bought a bunch and had them etched with the logo and sold them as a set. I have a set (non etched) and I really like them, especially for the money. Smile
Prime586

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdie wrote:
I roughed this out on the laser cutter last night as a proof of concept. I haven't got around to drawing up the crest disk yet, will save for mark 2.

The main problem is that I can't figure out what is written on the part above the disk. It looks like LAPD something, I dunno.

K's badge number is also unknown.

As Talyn's earlier post of the picture from the art book shows, the part above the LA city seal disk is a stylised representation of the LAPD headquarters from the film (in place of LA City Hall on a real LAPD badge) with the windows of the tower as engraved dots. The seal looks to be very similar to the LA city seal on a real LAPD badge (with the surround backed in white enamel), except the quadrants of the shield have been switched around and the crops around the shield have been changed to a laurel wreath:

The shield quadrants on the badge in the art book have the US Shield on the upper right, the Mexican Eagle on the lower right, the Crown of Castile on the upper left and the Californa Bear on the lower left.

I found these pictures of the badges that were in the SDCC display earlier this year:

The ID wallet is captioned as being Lt. Joshi's but if you zoom in and look at the ID card it's got K's name on it (OFFICER KD9-3.7). The badge in the wallet also has the DETECTIVE rank. I don't remember Joshi showing a badge at all in the film (and I've seen it 4 times!) so it looks like it was misidentified in the display and it's actually K's ID wallet.

Regarding the ID on the badge, if you look at the POLICE OFFICER badges on the shelves they all have ID strings in the form X N-N.N. The ones that are visible appear to be H 6-3.5, H 6-3.6 (the one photographed for the art book), H 6-3.7 and H 6-3.9. The badges on the bottom shelf are LIEUTENANT L 6-3.5 - these are presumably Joshi's badge (which would mean the first letter of the ID matches the rank). If that's the case, does that make her a replicant too, or is it the presence of a letter in front of the rank letter (K's rank letter is D, which matches his badge rank of Detective) the mark of a replicant?

Presumably for K the numbers would be 9-3,7, but is the letter K, D or possibly both?. If you look closely at the second picture, the badge is slighly more visible and you can see the ID spreads further across the panel than on the other badges (you can just make out it ends in '3.7' and it's much closer to the edge of the panel). Mike1 over on the RPF posted some slightly better pictures of the wallet from the display a few weeks ago
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=276755&p=4329159&viewfull=1#post4329159
You can see it a bit clearer, and it looks like the ID on K's badge has both letters, spaced as 'K D9-3.7'
Birdie
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually K D6-3.7, otherwise, yeah. Interesting that he's got a detective badge despite being designated as officer.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Detective work Prime586 Very Happy
Prime586

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdie wrote:
It's actually K D6-3.7, otherwise, yeah. Interesting that he's got a detective badge despite being designated as officer.

Doh! It also means they only seem to have changed the first and last characters of the IDs to make all the badges.

It is interesting about the change between officer and detective - I'm sure he gets referred to as Officer during the baseline tests and when he's arrested outside Dr. Stelline's too. It might have been a change made late on in production to reduce his rank in keeping with the prejudice shown against replicants in the film.
Talyn
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my Veronese glasses and I can confirm they are identical to the J.W. ones above, without the logo.
Rodney
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Savage looking at 2049 props:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fAk0CObPE4&t=5s

Adam Savage looking at 2049 blasters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqdsYn9TdWQ&t=45s
white43
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I've solved all the bottles in this pic:

From the left to right:

1.7 23 - this is the one that appears in K's apartment

Found here : http://en.flaschen.de/shop/en/Bottles/Spirits/Additional-shapes/Genny-500ml-clear-19mm-piece.html

516:

07:

Abnormal Vodka is a present day vodka you can buy:
http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/abnormal-vodka

So now, it's finding stickers for the numbers that relate to that font and somehow...identifying the blue and red stickers on the '1.723' and the '516', plus the yellow and black on the '07'.

Last edited by white43 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

white43 is definitely our glass and bottle expert.

Nice job! Thank you!
DVD Connoisseur
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sincere thanks. I've been going nuts trying to identify these.

I have an unopened bottle of Abnormal - time to start tracking down the others and building my bar.

I'm also trying to identify the other bottles seen in the movie (Officer K's apartment, the Wallace Corp building, etc.).
white43
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to suss out the fonts on the bottles and the little stickers!

the 516 is using a font very similar to "Optimus"
The 23 appears to be using "MonoAlphabet"

Those damn stickers are too small though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 11 of 22

Jump to: