FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Models&Prop or ditutto on eBay... WARNING! False identit

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarednab
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Models&Prop or ditutto on eBay... WARNING! False identit Reply with quote

Hi guys!
I just made some research on the net and (like everytime) my research have the "prop" word inside, eheheh.
Just for casuality I found a italian website named "models&props". Funny! Another italian propmaker! Very curious I click on the Google page and finally the main page was loaded!

A new world appears in my eyes!!!! I found ALL items made by my partner "Michelle Possanza" with his old friend "Siderio AKA SidKit"! Initially we think to a normal recaster (aarrgghhhhh), but after a first check on all pages we seen that this guy is a recaster and a BIG LIAR!!!!! He said that he is Michelle (my partner) and write all my partner's story in his website!!!!

I talk with my partner about it and he was shoked! This guy bought in past all his item and recast everything, including last FireFly we made last year!!!

We'll try to block him with every italian law, but in meantime we want to aware you about this crazy guy that took identity of other people just to made money!!!!

I analyzed the pics and quality of all item seems to be a real.... ehm... seems to be low!!!

This is website: https://www.models-props.com/
This guy opened a eBay account too! His nickname on eBay is di-tutto

Just to be clear, the pics of the Blade Runner blaster on the HOMEPAGE is not his creation!!! The picture was the old one used in the old website created by Michelle and Siderio! To prove this, just go here and read the second post: http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=1440&highlight=sidkit

I am really without words.....
Sarednab
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, seems that someone that bought our kit, gave to a member it for recast and resell on ebay.
Why we know that is our guns? Cause we made a hidden detail in every gun that noone will see, but we see it clear in his pics. This guy continue to recast everything we done!
One day in future you'll find our roger rabbit gun or our hook in his auction!!!
Please help us to stop him! These are his ebay auction! Please contact ebay and say that guys is a recaster!

All your props will loose value with a "recast BAD quality version" of the prop you have in your hands!

http://www.ebay.it/itm/SERENITY-CAPTAIN-M-REYNOLDS-GUN-METAL-PROP-FIREFLY-by-MODELS-PROPS/302524839099?hash=item466fe2b4bb:g:K7MAAOSwmOJaCBSt

http://www.ebay.it/itm/SERENITY-CAPTAIN-M-REYNOLDS-GUN-METAL-PROP-FIREFLY-by-MODELS-PROPS/302524831526?hash=item466fe29726:g:TjYAAOSwySVaBNbT
Artificial Owl
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious, do you think eBay is going to do anything about it? Given that they don't seem to lift a finger about bootlegs of actual licensed products, I doubt they're going to make a distinction between original unlicensed props and recasts of them.

On the other hand, if you're telling them that he's assuming someone else's identity, I'd hope that they'd listen!

At any rate, I'll make a note, and won't be buying from this guy, and good luck dealing with him.
eethan
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about ebay, but I'm sure you can even contact the police as the guy is usurping Michele identity to make money, I think this is totally illegal. The good thing in that story is that you are in the same country, it should be easier to do something legally.
good luck! but you should really try to do something, it's really bad and the guy is making money with your work but also giving bad reputation to your work as the quality of his recast is super bad and he is making it pass as sidkit stuff.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad form Evil or Very Mad Recasters are a scourge!! Good luck with this guy (you'll need it) and thank you for the FYI...will not buy anything from this guy!
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should all report his auctions on ebay and stop this guy.
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is recasting at a totally new level. I`ve never seen anyone actually go so far as to assume another`s identity. Have you tried the Italian police or Interpol?
Sarednab
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes guy, please report him to ebay! This will be a fast way to help us.
For now 5 person report him on ebay but hos auction is still up...
Maybe we need more people that support us!
Sadly italian law is very very slow...
eethan
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing with ebay is that you cannot even give a reason for reporting an item and I don't know if you can report a seller himself. I just tried to report the serety gun and there is only one possibility as a category and it about cosmetics... I don't even understand why... I'll try some of his other items.

But really, It's the police that should be contacted I think.
good luck guys Confused
Sarednab
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to report him is to say that is firearms cause it don't have the red tab on the main barrel.
The sad thing is that guy don't recast only our production. He take also item from other guys that create his 3D print prop and recreate it in metal with no permission... that's sad for people that work hardo to give life to a item...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: