FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
.. original JW bottle AND pics of new one? PRE-ORDER NOW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corrupt is probably not a term I would use Andy because they are authorised to open any package and inspect its contents if they feel that it contains something other than what was declared on the documentation.

Irritated, yes. Angry, yes but this is a risk we all take.

I suspect that they got their pee in a froth because the bottle was never available in Australia so it was not something they recognised. While they could easily have done a search (and they probably did), I suspect too that I simply got a single individual who was having a fight with his wife at home so this was singled out. Its happened with two blasters I have imported before too - even though I had the correct documentation..

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, This is something that does not seem to happen on that much regularity in other places in the world.

Andy
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Mark, This is something that does not seem to happen on that much regularity in other places in the world.

Andy

True that. Australia has never (touch wood) had a major animal, ecological disease or outbreak and this is due to possibly the strictest quarantine and customs measures in the world - we are not allowed to even transport foodstuffs, seeds or dairy products between States..

While all the regulation can be tedious and dreary at times, its a way of life and while we as a nation are far from perfect, we seem to get through without shooting each other...

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True that Mark
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staar wrote:
andy wrote:

Andy

True that. Australia has never (touch wood) had a major animal, ecological disease or outbreak and this is due to possibly the strictest quarantine and customs measures in the world - we are not allowed to even transport foodstuffs, seeds or dairy products between States..

While all the regulation can be tedious and dreary at times, its a way of life and while we as a nation are far from perfect, we seem to get through without shooting each other...

Good point. Australia has an very unique ancient ecology because of its isolation, and is starting to lose that because of imports since it was found by the rest of the world. Cane toads and rats just to name a couple. Still, I maybe the importance of these import officers, has gone slightly to their head. Wink

Andy
Bugen
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to give UK folks a heads up that there are a few bottles back up for sale on Amazon. Be quick!

Bugen.
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staar wrote:
andy wrote:

Andy

Amen to that.
Pierre990429
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a bit late... but finally got mine. Had to wait until the UK person who bought it for me had holidays & could ship it from within France.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: