FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Buying a Resin/plastic Blaster
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickhoward
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taffrail, if you decide to explore the RGriesBeck kit route, you may want to double check on the scale of that model.

I purchased a set of magazines for a cosplay project and found them to be notably smaller in scale than the Coyle, Tomenosuke, or Off World models. I didn't need the parts to fit anything, but I did want them to be about the same size.

Aside from receiving assurances that they had been scaled correctly, I never heard if any adjustments were made to the kit.
Taffrail
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've thought it'd be scaled correctly due to it being a relatively new development, I'll ask him about that. Also, if any of you are interested there's a new 3d printable model of Officer K's blaster in the process of being made by Elilay on the RPF. To me it's pretty exciting due to the claim it's made up of about 40 or so pieces. I only say this due to my want for both (the original and 2049) versions of the blaster and Ryan G's coat from 2049.
David3
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have RGriesbeck's kit.
Compared to the Elfin Knights water gun its about 10% smaller in scale.
Nice kit though.
Shai`tan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on an RGriesbeck 3d print Kit as we speak. It is very nice. Altho as noted, it`s a tad less than 1 to 1. I modified the grip frame and added Soulinertias 1/1 Amber grips. Worked out well. I reworked the bullet chamber tumbler, and it now accepts .357 Magnum rounds.

It was the nicest 3D Printed Blaster Kit I could find that could be shipped to me in Canada. Very modifiable friendly. And the print is pretty high res. I sanded, then used UPOL #5 High Solids primer. Nice and smooth. If you can`t find anything a step higher in the $120.00 price range, I don`t think you can go wrong with this Kit.

Last edited by Shai`tan on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:05 am; edited 2 times in total
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taffrail wrote:
I had a look at that but wanted something that had a functional cylinder release. I'm pretty sure that doesn't, however, it looks pretty nice. For the price they're asking, I think that I'd rather a RGriesbeck 3d print being about 60 dollars less expensive. I thought that recasts were kind of frowned upon anyway :/

Tomenosuke are doing their resin blaster kit again. Again very limited and pretty cool.
See other thread link here >>>>

http://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?p=74875#74875
Shai`tan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addendum

rgriesbeck does indeed sell his Version 3... 1 to 1 scale Tomenosuke 3D print now. Looks pretty sweet. Hoping to get mine soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: