FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
2049 replica props.........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Even if there was lens disto, everything else would be also.
Robin's hands seems fine to me; if disto, only a slight one at that.

The search continues Wink

I just mean that when you see the glass in her and K's hand in the other shots it looks a bit more "stout" than it does in my screen cap.
bwade wanna
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: c.1910 camera plate holder... Reply with quote

Remote People wrote:
A c.1910 camera plate holder was just identified as K's report frame here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MovieDetails/comments/7p6xw8/in_blade_runner_2049_the_tablet_ryan_gosling_uses/

and here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213253265540523&set=gm.2114089948811498&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Someone on that Reddit thread found the stylus prop, and it's 100% found item, with possibly the push-button anodized or painted red:

http://www.turnersartshop.co.uk/koh-i-noor-5344-56mm-metal-clutch-pencil-6796-p.asp

rickhoward
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to switch out the lead for green.
bwade wanna
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been researching this prop, and the vintage glass film plate holder attributed as the source of the tablet is a bit off on a couple of minor details:

By the same token, the tablet replica that sold recently on eBay for close to $700 is a bit off in the other direction (triangular corner plate diagonal edges too far from the inner frame corners).

Don't get me wrong - it's a fantastic replica, and the graphics are perfect, but I'm a stickler for details and as far as I'm concerned, until the correct plate holder is IDed, we'll have to keep looking. I found something close, but no cigar:

And just to make things interesting, I caught my first continuity error in the film - and it's in this very scene. Keep your eyes on the tablet's right edge - I've captioned the clip so you know what to look for:

https://i.imgur.com/RrEGbXe.mp4
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, continuity is one of the most difficult things to keep from slipping out of your hand (or eyes for that matter Wink ).

Good catch and good luck in your search for the perfect film plate holder.
bwade wanna
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some recent acquisitions:

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done for sure Cool
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to follow up for anyone that is after K's glasses. In an earlier post I had stated that the William Yeoward Iona Single Old Fashioned was the current front runner as best match.(knowing that it still wasn't perfect)

After ordering one of these I'm going to retract that statement. It has the perfect shape and the facets are close-ish but it has a 7 (not the proper 6) sided bottom on it. I've returned the glass which was actually REALLY lovely.

Anyway, that still leaves the Vista Alegre Arcadas as the closest match. But the search continues. Smile

svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good stuff here.

What I really want is one of those memory recorder/maker things.
bwade wanna
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screen-used glasses have narrower scalloped cuts and the bottom is also cored out.

Here's another shot of it - the outer wall doesn't appear tapered at all...

Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwade wanna wrote:
The screen-used glasses have narrower scalloped cuts and the bottom is also cored out.

Here's another shot of it - the outer wall doesn't appear tapered at all...

Yes, I know. I included a close-up photo of it in my post. Smile

Here's another. It definitely tapers a bit.

I understand that the Arcadas is far from a perfect match. Taking all factors into consideration, it's the closest glass out there at the moment.
BGB1983
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Glassware Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Fairly new to propsummit and have to say I am in total awe of you all. You guys do not mess about when it comes to the world and everything in it. I thought that I would jump in with trying to help identify the glass that is causing everyone a bit of trouble - it has the right style, and I think it might work as it looks fairly squat on the table in K's apartment.

https://uk.baccarat.com/en/wonderful-tables/barware/highballs-tumblers/harcourt-1841-tumbler-MTHARCTU1.html

I'm not going to lie, this is a ridiculously priced glass, but it may have something to go on. Please feel free to shoot me down - like I said I am new to all of this. I have got a few props which I am hopefully going to have in the works soon but I figured this might be a good way to introduce my self with bringing at least something to the table.

Cheers guys,

Alan
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Glassware Reply with quote

BGB1983 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Fairly new to propsummit and have to say I am in total awe of you all. You guys do not mess about when it comes to the world and everything in it. I thought that I would jump in with trying to help identify the glass that is causing everyone a bit of trouble - it has the right style, and I think it might work as it looks fairly squat on the table in K's apartment.

https://uk.baccarat.com/en/wonderful-tables/barware/highballs-tumblers/harcourt-1841-tumbler-MTHARCTU1.html

I'm not going to lie, this is a ridiculously priced glass, but it may have something to go on. Please feel free to shoot me down - like I said I am new to all of this. I have got a few props which I am hopefully going to have in the works soon but I figured this might be a good way to introduce my self with bringing at least something to the table.

Cheers guys,

Alan

First of all, welcome!!! This glass has become a bit of an obsession for me. I took the liberty of fixing your link. The Baccarat is a really, really lovely glass. The facets are too rounded and meet much too high up on the glass, unfortunately. Or, FORTUNATELY as it is crazy expensive. Smile

Look for the distinctive narrow, arched facet shape and facets that do not touch each other.

Other than that, the Baccarat has a very similar shape to the screen-used glass and is about the correct height, as well.
BGB1983
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean. I'll have to get my beady eyes out there again. Also so glad it's not the actual one cause I thought £50 for the cubicle was almost too expensive.
bwade wanna
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share everyone's obsession to get this glass right (and Joshi's, which isn't really square in profile - the walls arc out a bit).

What tells me this isn't an expensive crystal glass, aside from the scalloped cut profiles, is the cored out bottom, which is typical for a mass-produced molded glass. I'm thinking we need to hit bar supply websites and wholesalers, not eBay or Amazon.

The search continues...
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwade wanna wrote:
I share everyone's obsession to get this glass right (and Joshi's, which isn't really square in profile - the walls arc out a bit).

What tells me this isn't an expensive crystal glass, aside from the scalloped cut profiles, is the cored out bottom, which is typical for a mass-produced molded glass. I'm thinking we need to hit bar supply websites and wholesalers, not eBay or Amazon.

The search continues...

I've been checking those, as well. Maybe Euro, or Hungary-based bar supply companies would be good candidates to search? I think that prop people obsess about these items more than a lot of people realize so it did occur to me that they would want K to have something more "pedestrian" than a crystal glass. Smile
white43
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwade wanna wrote:

The search continues...

This is Joshi's glass:

It does appear to be square, with a base that is smaller. The closest we've found is a candle holder.

Trust me, Nexus7 and I have hit as many wholesalers and supply websites like you wouldn't believe..... Very Happy
bwade wanna
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Joshi’s glasses, zoom in on the edges and you’ll notice a distinct, albeit subtle curvature.
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top edge slightly bows in the middle but the edge top to bottom is almost completely straight. Way more square than round.
bwade wanna
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct - the base is straight-edged, but both the top and bottom outer edges are curved. Probably more comfortable to hold, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: