FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
My first 3D printed blaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: My first 3D printed blaster Reply with quote

My wife got me a Monoprice Select Mini for Xmas. I'm brand new to 3D printing, so I dove in head first and learned very quickly that she bought me a rebranded machine that has a lot of personality quirks.

Just last week I finally got all my newbie issues, and the machine's quirky issues sorted out and finally found a consistent way to create Gcode files, and for the machine to print Gcode files.

And of course one of my first prints was going to be Andrew Forester's blade runner model from my mini factory.

I'm also testing a new image hosting site. Lets see how this goes.

I don't have all the parts printed up yet. I'm not planning to print them all as I have extra barrels, and little odds and ends I have as metal anyway.

The grips I printed a differently. I generally see them looking pretty rough and stepped. I avoided that by printing them standing up. I just wanted to give it a try. It worked quite well.

More soon!

Oh Yeah, I also used some parts from an upgrade folder posted by a fellow from Italy named Guido. It prints the mag housing, the side plate, and some other parts whole instead of in parts.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking very good already...and, as you discovered, sometimes printing the piece standing up means that you'll avoid quirky problems that could spell: sanding, filing and more sanding Wink
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it really struck me after my first handful of prints what a massive difference it makes, flat on the bed or standing up. With and without support, etc. I guess I expected you could control that more. But I'm learning.

Totally hooked now. I've started learning how to make my own models too, which isn't too far removed from things I'm already doing for the day job.

Already saving for a formlabs SLA printer.
veektohr
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those parts look fantastic so far!
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir! Got some more printed.

I might even be able to assemble this sucker this weekend!

Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not assembled yet, but I do have all the parts printed up now. This isn't every last one of them, but close.

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking very good already Eager to see the build!
_Fodder_

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Noeland,

looking good so far, with the information i about to impart i may annoy you if you are already in the process of building.

there have been a few other 3d designers that have made updated/upgraded parts for the Andrew Forster 3d blaster.

the upgrade kit by Guido Maurizio @italiamaker which has some of the main parts as single parts instead of parts that you have to glue including the Steyr housing which has the lettering on the side, and others parts like a better mag housing. link here :-
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-upgrade-kit-for-the-deckard-blaster-of-andrew-forster-49985

there is one that is very recent which i have yet to do myself, this one includes the grips with the chequering, the knerled pattern on the sights and the hollowed look handle. link is here :-
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2984395

there maybe some other different parts but i cant remember at the moment where i got them from.

anyway have fun enjoy it and if you have any questions ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: