FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
A common error I see

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: A common error I see Reply with quote

First, we enter, register and post. Second, we realized that is a place to introduce ourselves to the community! XD

This is my case also. Then... let's go.

Joan, formerly John (Joan is my Catalonian name, thus, I'm a man folks!). Well, you can call me John for convenience. From Spain. Collecting all kind of things for years... (I'm near 45 now). Blade Runner collector from years, and last ones with a very active attitude (ebay made it, of course). I have a site devoted to my collection and all the info I think is nice or usefull about Blade Runner, not seen anywhere: http://www.mybladerunner.com

The site is written in Spanish and also in some like English (I try to write correctly, but not ever having success...).

Movie was realeased when I was only 17. I don't remember why, but I NEVER seen the film in a theather. Only in a very little one (personal one, I think) 1 year ago... [green]. Yes. I've seen the movie in 3 languages and more than 20, perhaps 30 times... I have an MP3 version to hear it in my car form time to time... (memorizing? perhaps... who knows?...). In my collection the movie is present in every format I could find: vhs, dvd, blue ray, hd dvd, laserdisc, mini vhs 8mm, divx... to mention only a detail... More than 70 books are in my shelves... Oh, I don't wanna be boring! Objects, soundtracks, figures, blasters, magazines, comics, badges, keyrings, mousepads, posters, tobacco cases, walkie talkies (RECON-1), TV portables (the infamous Panasonic set), Adidas shoes.... yes... the list is huge. Ever growing, I think.

I joined this wonderfull group when I realized the passionate people there. I never thought about create my own props... but... now is an option to consider... Very Happy You, all of you, made it possible.

Meanwhile, if I could help you with anything available from me, don't doubt, here I am!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Joan(John),

I have visted your site before and it is a benefit to have you here. Make yourself at home and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Welcome Joan(John),

I have visted your site before and it is a benefit to have you here. Make yourself at home and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Andy

Thanks Andy!

I'm scubadiving all the forum and reading and finding very very very interesting threads, things, and references! This is the most valuable site I've found in years! SERIOUSLY! I'm very happy to be here!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have tried hard to make this site just that. A valuable resource for Blade Runner collectors and Fans. Thank you. It is the input from all the members that makes it what it is now.

Andy
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan/John recently signed the Guest-Book at my web-site and then signed up for the BR Whiskey Bottle Project.
I visited your web-site a few times and was amazed at the shear number of DVD sets you have purchased!!!
Good-GAWD Man, give the rest of us a chance will you?! Very Happy

Anyway, Welcome, It's great to see you here!
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:
Joan/John recently signed the Guest-Book at my web-site and then signed up for the BR Whiskey Bottle Project.
I visited your web-site a few times and was amazed at the shear number of DVD sets you have purchased!!!
Good-GAWD Man, give the rest of us a chance will you?! Very Happy

Anyway, Welcome, It's great to see you here!

HA HA! Spanish briefing sets (2 DVD format) were bought just store opened doors. 4 hours later, NO BIREFING AT ALL! Neither in that store and others... A crazy day, I think. Now, you can see many many Spanish briefings selling at ebay for a huge price.

US sets (briefings and special sets) come from pre-orders made at Amazon (July 2007, not more!). 3 DVD versions, 2 of all others. I wanna have one of this to be dirty with (watching and revising all the material with no fear to damage it...) and the rest, one kit to collect, and perhaps the other one to trade in the future.

German sets (still waiting a third one... I think the ebayer was a moron!!), comes in tin box. Nice items. Unopened at all. The contents is the same I have from Spanish sets. Region 2, etc. Perhaps one of this will be opened. Who knows... Very Happy

"Hebrew" sets comes from Israel, Hebrew tag over them. They are US versions (I hope), but... the price was so cheap (ebayer included in the bundle the 3 CD 25th Soundtrack as well) I cannot resist buying both of them. A rarity.

French set is a coffret, no metal, no plastic. The same digipack found in tin box, I think. Region 2 too. Not so cheap, but, not so expensive neither...

In the past, I bougth Special Editions (2 of them also) at very high prices... This time, I wanna be SURE I pay just the price, not more nor less. I admit to pay high when item is a valuable one, like Dolphin books, or rare Laser Disc editions, but this time, my mental calc gives me a reason to buy all these sets in a berserk mode! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy It's a better investment than Wall Street these days! XD

Well... you have seen only the top of iceberg.... Sets are the most visible, of course. But under these layer, there are dozens of books, soundtracks (no, I don't have the 50 record read somewhere!), games, and so on. Be a BR collector is a great passion for me. And... is a reason to work hard for the money! XD

Mmm.... I think if any of you have the 2019 numbered set of FInal Cut.... THIS WILL BE A GREAT ADDITION TO MY SETS!

When I read some post here about Deckard's apartment, forniture, bottles, Bryant watches... woooooowwww! I think... "there is a plenty items to collect outside....". And I'm feeling happy! OH YEAHHH!

Only remember the man who have more than 10,000 items Elvis Presley related.... Are there 10,000 unique items about Blade Runner around the world??? Shocked
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAAOOOWWWW, I've just visited your site, Joan... VERY IMPRESSIVE !!!

Shocked

Don't know if you have KRONOLOG nad KRONOVECTA (by Sead Mead), these large fomat artbook present a big amount of Blade Runner related designs and paintings, and the printing is great (made in Japan) !

If you don't, they surface on eBay (mainly USA) from time to time... I saw them in auction last december...

I'm a newcomer here too, but... welcome !

Wink
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKIN JOB 66 wrote:
WAAOOOWWWW, I've just visited your site, Joan... VERY IMPRESSIVE !!!

Shocked

Don't know if you have KRONOLOG nad KRONOVECTA (by Sead Mead), these large fomat artbook present a big amount of Blade Runner related designs and paintings, and the printing is great (made in Japan) !

If you don't, they surface on eBay (mainly USA) from time to time... I saw them in auction last december...

I'm a newcomer here too, but... welcome !

Wink

Thank you!

Vell, from Syd Mead I have only the Oblagon and Sentrury books. Very hard to find for a boog price. Kronavecta and so on are sold at ebay for near $500 last months... Mmm... I don't wanna divorce (for now!). Very Happy

The Syd Mead works are impressive, but I don't have a fix in one subject only, and these prices are unaffordable for me. last night i've visited the props auction site where severla mechanical pieces form original spinners are selling... $400 por a piece of junk is not a good deal, if you don't have a Trump account! Very Happy

Yes. The Final Cut was a high expense for me the last months, but, I think is worth the effort, and the future will said something about... I wanna work with this digital data in a intensive way (when time are available). Only two or three glances at what I able to capture with this new release are satisfaction enough for the price I paid.

Currently looking for marguetire glasses... XD

Again, thanks for your kind words. I'm only a BR fan!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: