FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner items at the Sci-Fi Seattle Museum

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Blade Runner items at the Sci-Fi Seattle Museum Reply with quote

I went back to the EMP today and had a chance to go through the Sci Fi portion of the museum which I hadn't seen before. Lots of cool stuff there but definitely came back disappointed since appears the spinner is off-limits in an events-only section which is not open to the general public.

That was one of the main reason why I went today which was a little disappointing.

They do have a lot of cool stuff such as Zhora's raincoat (it's even torn on the shoulder where she is shot), Rachel's black dress (the one she wears when first seen on the movie at the Tyrell Corp) and JF Sebastian's costume. They also have a stunt blaster prop on display further down in the exhibition.

Overall, it was pretty cool to see all this stuff. They have loads of Star Wars and Start Trek screen used items also... too much stuff to even go into so I strongly recommend if you have the means to visit the museum (as long as you don't make the spinner your main goal).

I did notice that most of the items on display (EMP included) are from the personal Paul Allen family collection... It boggles the mind to even think what kind of stuff they kept to themselves... Shocked
aerodyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unfortunate to hear about the lack of access to the Spinner. My brother has just arrived in Seattle for an extended visit, and was under instruction to take lots of reference pics. I recall reading somewhere that the stairwell which contains the car was now open to the public. I'll contact the museum and see what the situation currently is. Thanks for posting this.

P.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look here for a good pic of the dress and rain-coat in the museum...andy got them off flicker:
http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=345&start=0

By the way guy's...the museum has posted all over the place:
NO CAMERAS. My girl-friend and I obeyed this rule and were REALLY disappointed when we got inside to find a bunch of kids running around with cameras snapping shots as they pleased.
I got the impression if you are subtle about it, you should be able to take as many pics as you like...and I for one would love to see that Spinner!
Good luck!
aerodyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity about the camera restrictions. Sad

It's quite a surprise when you attend an exhibition or display at a venue that actually permits photography. I made a return trip to Star Wars: The Exhibition here in London last year, with a better camera, just for that reason. The end result? One happy SFX and model making fan, an extra ticket sale for the promoters, and over half a Gig of decent reference images and video walkarounds. Smile

Which, incidentally, I can make available if anyone is interested. PM me with requests for particular items and I'll see what I've got.

P.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: