FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Deckard Trench Coat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deckardsenigma
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:
You guy's ROCK! Glad you like the Trench, sorry to take so long to respond here...I've really got my hands full organizing the BR Whiskey Bottle Project...so let's see what I can tell you about the Deckard Trench by Megan.

Megan is currently working on completing three of these and I believe that SuperJedi's is all but in the box as we speek.

Megan charges a total of $500 dollars for this Trench and makes it ALL by hand according to your measurements. She takes half in advance and the other half upon completion.

I know for a fact that she's pretty worn out what with three kids and a full time job(and stop and consider all the energy she exudes by being so freakin amazing to boot!)

BUT...I have got her to say she will consider taking on more Trenches if the lead time is sufficient and you are willing to work with her....NO Promises here!
Direct your PM's to me and we'll talk...but PLEASE be patient, as I already said I'm VERY occupied with the Bottle Project.
Again, I got Megan to promise to send me some up-dated pic's of here current Trench work and I'll try to have them up soon!

Sir OB ~

PM has been sent...

Respects!

DE
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say GORGEOUS much?
Here's what Megan(Rachael) had to say;

'Thought I would poke my head out of the hole I've been hiding in to show a bit of what I've been doing. I'm currently finishing up a 2.0 version in a cotton oilcloth, which should drape exactly like the screen-used trench.
I wish I could have bought more of it, as it is I got the whole 9 yards.

I've added piping to the edge of the sleeve, which can be seen best in the animal market (best shot of the front I've been able to capture). Also, I have extended the wrist tab to wrap all the way around, which makes it adjustable. Of course, that would mean moving the buttons but that's not too difficult. Other coats with this detail have two rows, which means either they cut a corner or the screen-used coat is buttoned on the second row and you just can't see the other two buttons. '

superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! That's the pic Megan sent me. . . wow, it just looks superb! Very Happy
deckardsenigma
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, This is hit or miss...

I am speechless again ~a and "GORGEOUS" (can that be (said) enough actually) o.O?

This is exacty what I am talking about.
Quality and attention to detail... yes, many have differernt forms of creation, however, Megan just shows what happens when it care and passion are combined into a creation such as clothing.

I used these words to the creator of my Indiana Jones fedora and I think it applies here as well...

Megan this is for you ~

"You remind me of the days when people took pride in creating superb craftsmanship.
And part of that creation process requires, patience, love, and passion for the creation being made.
It is an art form, and each artist, no matter the subject for type of art being created, needs those basic elements to begin creating with.
I admire and respect that. -"

I dont know what else I can actually say...

I am running out of words form the dictionary.. Laughing

Respects!

DE
Hollis DZC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, this is one in-cred-ble coat! The quality, attention to detail, the workmanship, is all superb.

Am I correct in assuming that because it's made of cotton oilcloth, it could also be used as a raincoat?
Bountys Hunted- RPF/C.net/TDH
The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollis DZC wrote:
You know, this is one in-cred-ble coat! The quality, attention to detail, the workmanship, is all superb.

Am I correct in assuming that because it's made of cotton oilcloth, it could also be used as a raincoat?

I think so yeah. Isn't olicloth the same stuff they make those drizabone raincoats out of? I have one that's been knocking about for a number of years and that cloth takes on a pretty good set of wrinkles much like the Deckard coat does.

This coat tho, that's not a coat, that's wearable art.

"We began to recognize in them a strange obsession..."

http://fcomin.cgsociety.org/gallery/
repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey OB,
could we see a photo of the whole coat please ?
Thanks in advance

Phil
superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If O-B or Rachael don't have any pics of the full coat, I'll definitely post some once I get it! Smile
Hollis DZC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Loyalizer wrote:
Hollis DZC wrote:

I think so yeah. Isn't olicloth the same stuff they make those drizabone raincoats out of? I have one that's been knocking about for a number of years and that cloth takes on a pretty good set of wrinkles much like the Deckard coat does.

This coat tho, that's not a coat, that's wearable art.

I think you're right, both in the drizabone coats and wearable art!

Very Happy
Bountys Hunted- RPF/C.net/TDH
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again...sorry for delay's in response here Guy's...putting the finishing touches on a BIG up-date for the BR Whiskey Bottle Project...

The "Oil-Cloth" description is a bit misleading I think.
I read that on the tag of the bolt and thought that someone must have got it wrong...when I hear "Oilcloth" I always think of Australian Out-Back Jackets that are so heavily oiled the rain cannot in any way penatrate them.
Not so with this material...
The look and feel is more like a lightweight suede more than anything else, although there IS some light oil in it apparently not so much as to make it feel oily...I'll do some wet tests with it tonight and get back soon with results.
Pictures will be posted as soon as they are available, ofcourse SuperJedi has always offered a good non-biased opinion and looks more than willing to post some when his coat arrives...We'll have to see who beats who to the punch! Very Happy
The real cool part here is THIS material (unlike what we used for the first one) IS Trench-Coat/RainCoat Cloth rather than a thick canvas.
The down side is that it may be limited in production. We have to go back and look for more before we'll know for certain but, as stated elswhere, we are both incredibly busy with projects.
Thanks for your interest guy's, it has made a world of difference.
Those of you who have PM'd Rachael, please be patient! Your note's have been recieved and will be responded to in due time.
Have a better one!
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a piece of the Trench cloth last night and hit one half of it with water.
At first the droplets ran right off but with continued sprinkling it eventually began to soak in. MORE sprinkling and it eventually became soaked and shiny just like Deckards Trench at the end of the film.
The up-side here is that you CAN leave the material the way it is when you recieve it OR you can treat it with a water repelent if you want to keep the coat "pristine". What's better than having choices? Very Happy

I talked to Megan over lunch today and she told me she is going to put in for fewer hours at work and use that time to answer the growing demand for her BR Trench! I will let you all know if she gets her request or not.

jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astonishing! Well... I'm saving all my spare money to be able (soon) to order one of this wonderfull pieces of excellent work! Diyng for one!
superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool!
I just sent Megan an email asking about my coat. From her last email from Feb 1st it didn't sound like she had much left to do.
Did she happen to mention anything on when it might be heading my way?
deckardsenigma
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfuste wrote:
Astonishing! Well... I'm saving all my spare money to be able (soon) to order one of this wonderfull pieces of excellent work! Diyng for one!

Greetings ~

As am *I*... I am also waiting to obatin one of these "Beauties" Cool

Starting in Apr/May...
I will be (free and clear) to start ALL my Blade Runner projects... as my cash flow will be (much) easier as well....

I am patient and awaiting... Wink

Respects!

DE
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent these to SuperJedi but thought you guy's would like a look too!
Definately the sweetest BR Trench she's made so far!

superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got your message, Paul! Thanks.
Man. . . I am just itching to get this coat!!! Shocked
arc60
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to chime in. LOVE the photos! Just excellent work. I hope things are on track with my own coat. The original estimate was that Meg would be finished by Valentines Day... which is coming up. No big rush on my end... just curious where things are.

Any update, guys? Thanks!

Alan
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have some new pics up here soon.
I should also point out however that Arc60 ordered HIS BR Trench in the heavier canvas type material so, it will definately look different from SuperJedi's oil cloth photo's...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: