FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
All at once WorldCon part 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread makes me very happy Very Happy. This is something I have dreamed of for a long time. I hope to do what I can to make this happen. Great work Sid and Rich. Thank you guys for making this happen.
bosstiki
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Fantastic Reply with quote

Firstly I would like to thank you for the first kit, which I just purchased via Pinzerato. I just recieved the final box yesterday (shipped in 2 boxes) and am very happy. Secondly, now I can maintain more excitement in anticipation of this newer kit, bravo!
Including input from the people who want the Worldcon kit, to make it theirs, is absolutely great on your part Siderio. Working with R.C. is another positive. I think, and I dont want to sound cliche, that everyone will come out a winner on this deal, the movie fans, the people who enjoy your talent and Rich's talent, model builders and I hope this venture is a good one for you too!
Have you ever considered a Logan's Run blaster kit? Maybe in the future?

Thank-you again! Kelly Raulston
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

I've only been on this website for about two weeks now, if that... I happened across it when I was doing research on obtaining a blaster kit... over five years ago I had come across Charles Wallace Design Studio while doing a Google search and had thought at that time he was about the only one selling a replica or kit of the BR blaster...but for whatever reason at the point in time, I didn't purchase it... and then I fell on hard financial times for a couple of years and everything outside of just making ends meet was out of the question.

Now I've had a decent job for the past few years, and have paid off a lot of my debts, I've started to get into collecting again (I have a ton of LOTR stuff...including the Balrog statue.) Blade Runner being my all-time favorite Sci-Fi movie, I decided to take a look again at what was out there given the release of the Final Cut. And I was still primarily interested in a blaster.

After a lot of research, I found that EDC Studios wasn't reliable, and having decided I'd rather go with a full metal kit anyway (despite the cost differences between it and a resin kit) I had picked out the SidKit version only to be totally bummed when I found it was sold out. I know there are other kits and fully built replicas available online, but for the most part I've found most of those to be outside of my budget. Luckily I found a seller on eBay that was offering the SidKit for not too much more than what Siderio had been selling it for directly... and so I purchased it last Saturday... the transaction cleared on Sunday, it was shipped out on Monday morning, I got it Tuesday evening, and if you happen to go over to http://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60 and take a look, you'll see what I did with putting it together in two days.

Obviously much of the infomation I went by in making a purchasing decision came off of this website... I had no clue there were so many other BR fans out there still after all this time.... but in researching the blaster, I could see there was a bit of a rift between the few people that were selling kits and/or completed replicas.

In reading the subsequent posts I am really glad to see that the differences have been mostly worked out and that all involved agreed to work together. This is in my opinion a very good thing, as although I've discovered there's a very large fan base for BR still out there, we are after all a very small niche market.

I applaud everyone involved in making replicas and props available to the rest of us, the little people. I especially appreciate those willing to share their knowledge and expertise with us. I thank you!

P.S. I plan to buy a WorldCon BR Blaster... keep up the awesome work guys!
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press Release

Deal dead.

I am sorry for all the dashed hopes and dreams.

I would never said anything until we had a deal all wored out.

Sid jumped the gun.

Oh well.

Rich

Last edited by racprops on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Batty
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is some awesome news, I was hoping the rumors were true.
Put me down for one, Sid.

I did end up getting a PKD-1 reissue and finished it (almost) recently.
Metal is cool but the PKD resin kits come out looking just as good if you take the time to finish them properly. This is a great kit, thanks RR!
Heres some pics of mine. The grips are unfinished and just resting in place.

bosstiki
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Rich and Siderio Reply with quote

This reminds of being a kid and getting the Christmas Catalog from Sears...looking through those pages and getting all anxious in anticipation of the big day. This new blaster project you are both working on sounds fantastic. It's great, looking back and seeing how this is culminating into the ultimate, screen correct collectors version. Your great talents focused collaboratively on this project is fantastic...dont stop here there are many more ideas you can both address for the future! Thank-you both so much!!!
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now it si officially.Richard had just talked about commercial pourpose so now all of you know wath will be available in the market from Racprops and Sidkits. Richard are sending his Blaster parts to me.I will see how to use some of his parts on my new model, inded the steyr barrel with bolt is the accurated parts that I will probably use. Seen that Richard have accepted to help me and work together, I thought that it was stupid make all parts starting form zeero. Richard give me the right to modify the parts to fit on my replica. Naturally the two replicas will appear differents. As soon I will receive his parts I will compare with mine and i will consider wath to do.As soon I will be finished to work on the new parts I will assemble my new version.Then I will post the images of it. If most of you will be satisfied of the work I will start to cast my new WorldCon Blaster. In the while time it is very probably that I will start the metal casts for Coyle CS&T this will take me a month or so.

Thanks

Racprops and Sidkits
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Racprops and Sidkits Reply with quote

All I have to say is Wicked Cool guys! Glad to hear about the collaboration efforts. I am still very interested in obtaining a WorldCon all metal kit, and I'm thinking of getting a less expensive resin kit as well. While the all-metal kits are awesome, they weigh a TON (OK, well, 3+ lbs.) and it'd be fun to have something lighter to drag around come Halloween. Smile Keep up the great work guys!

I'm also thinking of trying my hand at making my own holster as I've been doing leatherwork for years... really like what's been done up till now to make them as authentic to the movie as possible, but I'm thinking of doing my own tooling to make it 'my own.' Thanks for sharing the knowledge!
jessejericho
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to post, that is really cool you guys are working together, I may just have to add a second to my collection... maybe a third? Good luck with your shared endeavor!
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below you can see the progress of the new my new WorlCon, please consider that I still have a lot of more hours to spend on those parts before they be done. But I took some shots of a summary work that I did on them.

The new cilynder, has I anticipated, will have a bullets ejectors.

phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic!
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anson James
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks amazing!

How do you intend on fixing the clip in place?

Seeing as the clip will probably be plastic (resin) could I suggest it could be held in place with small neodymium disc magnets like these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/15-of-D1-2-xD1-8-x1-8-Ring-Magnets-NdFeB-Neodymium_W0QQitemZ120239146418QQihZ002QQcategoryZ1467QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They're incredibly small and very strong.
This way you could lose the screw that goes through the clip and keep the Steyr logo intact.
All you'd need to do is make a recess in the clip and the tray with the leds -
epoxy would keep the magnets in place...
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ason,
I have just bout those magnets. I bougth circulars magnets and the squared one. I am deciding wath type to use. I have also to precise that this is a solution that I seen on this message board built on one of my precedent model so thanks for how made it. I have to introduce a new modification that I made for my left side cover. Just a few days a go my friend Peter send me some images about the side cover and he wrote: The left side plate has never been accurately reproduced. As you will see the hero plate has been made to fit up to the Steyr magazine perfectly. However more importantly notice how much more flat plate there is after the 2 screws for the wire to run down. This plate is longer (or wider) than yours?

He has right!

here is the image sent to me by Peter:

This is wath I am doing with my left side cover to be more accurated as possible. In the images I included also a wire to have a bettere comparison with Karl's image. Wire will be not include in the kit.

Please have patience but I made the images this night with flash light.

More images will come....

Thanks
Siderio.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any partnership their is bumps, similiar to a marriage. However, I hope that all will get past the problems that have risen and either continue on their own or work together.

As others have said, and regardless of the current situation, these are exciting times!!!
Anson James
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sid,

You're still going ahead with your kit though?

I love the fact that you've asked our opinions on the various parts, I want to see your kit on the market - the master is a joy to behold.

I don't want to see it scuppered...
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dera collectors, I don't want to go on as alawys to be insuleted by R. coyle. My English is alimitation but iam sure that a lot of us are able to understand my point of view.
Sincerly I don't see wath is the problem. R. coyle start another time a libellows capaign. Why you Mr. Coyle do this? because: In the past some people helped me with recasted steyr parsts. Those parts were recaste from R. coyle Work....??? I don't care, but you said yes. Ok so I am worked on recasted Steyr parts that we suppose to be of pubblic domain. I mean that al lot of American people can have access to a real steyr parts. But you are supposing that I recasted them. Ok I am sorry if this is true but you can't prove this facts, also if this is true Coyle recasted real steyr parts. I am sure you, Mr Coyle will post a lot of your images to try to prove that. Now I don't want that all e-mails sents to Mr. Coyle with me be posted in this message board. I am a gentleman! I was asking to all collectors to join the force to made a new Worldcon model. If I restart to fight with Richard this will become a personal tread. I don't want this. I would like to know why I am not be able to posts my messages, trying to involve more people, without that R. Coyle try to stop me.
So I will no reply to more provocations. if you want I go away I will do this as in the past I did. But I want you know I don't like the speculations and a lot of you know that I refused collaborations with important firms that have the real rights to make models.

Now before go on to post in this message board let me know if I still am welcome.

I want only add tyhis, goes on money converter and convert $369.00 that I ask for my model in Euros, you will surprised to understand that my profit is real chip. Every day the US Dollars reduce its value but I never changed my prices. Because I work for you. Then asks to R. Coyle why he asks $850.00 for a built up replica.Also R. Coyle is scared because I talked with him aboute a compendioum I would like to wriet about my resin, metal Casting theqniques and how to made the machines to do it. Now R. Coyle has try to close my mouth, but you will be the watchdogs as R. Coyle Said.

I want only add that Richrd shows my e-amils that I wrote with reserve to him , as He always did. But this time I was prepared.Bu you don't know that he don't wrote clearly wath he proposed to me. However to give a clear ideas to all cumunity people I report some of words, that are parts of my email, write to him
Your 50 kits will cost to me $290.00 per each one

And this is true this meannin that I earn for each kit about $79.00 USdollars
This is wath I ask to go on im my own work refusing speculators proposal from other popular firms.

Try to ask to R. Coyle How much he earn from his metal built up sold for $850.00

Go to google and find the metal value, on my metal there is stain, bismuth (that have an high value, more tha gold) antimonikum and.. more.

I don't made the metal alloy, I jsu use it, because is provided from a firm that don't share so easily its secrets alloy. But I am working to reduce the price nand make new machine for a zinc base alloy, I SAID THIS TO MR. COYLE BUT IT IS CONVENIENT TO NOT REPORTS THIS INFOS. So please Mr. coyle Don't go on or i will have constrict to give my emails to some of my friends that apeaks a mor ebetter English of you and frorm this emails you will result a speculator.

I think that the emails have a confidential rights, but if you will agree I will post them but this will be not my choice, but your one.

I don't undertands wath's happened of so much big to continue to try to cover my reputation? Ricahrd colled me in the past wastechild, recaster, crap, and so on. I didn't wrote That Coyle is a robber. I only wrote our collaboartion is ended.
I try to stop this fighting say that R. Coyle is the best in the world. For me is ok you are the big one as your blimping image say to everyone when you post a message. You would like I say I am a recaster? Ok I am a recaster aslo if my posts prove that I am not?. All other words i would like wrote for me will be ok. Now Approving your words, can we go on to share our WorldCon progress? I am trying to involving all collectors, all people and not the big people.I called my newvnew realise All at once , but you seem very closed. If I say I am the bad person in the world, that you have right I am recaster, a devil... you will permit to us to go on in this proect or we have to pay to you the rights only for the discussions.I pray the moderator to resume the R. Coyle wrotes in one email so the people can be not influenced and the new user can be attracted by a costructive exchanging of ideas.

Please let me know if I am to remain here or go away.

Thanks
Siderio.
Anson James
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siderio,
I think you've got as much right as anyone else to produce accurate Blade Runner guns.
It's obvious that you're a very talented and capable artist who provides amazing replicas at a brilliant price.

I'm very happy that you're here and I can't wait to buy your new Worldcon blaster.

Keep up the good work. Very Happy
KarlBud420
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
Siderio wrote:
I have a good news.
I talked with R. Coyle and we agrre to stop the fighting. I exposed wath's happened in the past and I think he undertstood me. So stay tuned because if R. Coyle will acccept my proposal we will be ready to work togrther for all collectors.

Siderio.

And again he is admitting he used my model.

Just for the record.

Rich

Jesus Christ, Joseph, and Mary; Rich, let it go.

I think everyone here has seen exactly how talented Siderio is with his new master patterns, with the intent of offering them at a decent price to the fans of the movie and on this board.

I used to have a great deal of respect for you, but with the mysterious request to Karl to remove the photos because the "owner" of the model was upset and some of the financial numbers you've tossed out here in private emails, it seems to me that you were looking for a big payday working with Siderio and when you couldn't convince him to up his prices to bilk the collectors here, it left a bad taste in your mouth and so you've got nothing to fall back on but your "recaster" argument that you supposedly forgave just a few days ago.

Siderio - Stick around and keep up the good work. There are many people here who will be happy to give you feedback and assist in the creation of the "All in One WorldCon" model.

Bruce
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siderio wrote:

Please let me know if I am to remain here or go away.

Thanks
Siderio.

Siderio,

I think I speak for the majority when I say that you should remain here. Your work is amazing, and I among others truly appreciate it.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: