FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Why Polish all the parts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am too cowardly to use the steel brush on it. This pewter seems to be of a very different composition. It is very very soft and can be scratched easily. I suspect it has high amounts of antimony and/or bismuth. I doubt it is lead since it is banned in the EU and also would turn the pewter much darker.

Because it is so soft, some traditional sanding works well including block sanding, and even wet sanding. It might help get some straighter lines on the edges too, as well give a more machined look, and take away the "soft" rounding in the edges. Another trick I learned a long time ago is to use Tin Foil. I used to use it for shining up different metals, just by crumpling it and buffing with it. It seems to actually fill in some pitting in stuff. The Steel wool is a great as well. If you brush it in line with the length of it, it may even mimic the look of the tool marks on the real steel receivers.

Though, I have yet to try any of these ideas as of yet Wink

Andy
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. I will try your suggestions and report back. Everybody else, keep those suggestions coming!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: