FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
"Special Edition" PRO built by Nobutaka Toku
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dascoyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to add some information for the sake of posterity.

A while back I hounded Mune to nail down a price for this limited PRO. At the time there was one last unit in the pipe - of course with no expected completion date.

I personally prefer the polished, presentation look for a PKD blaster. To me a fully weathered gun is more likely associated with warfare than law enforcement. I have many real firearms and most of them are well cared for and look new despite being fired regularly. I love the look of a handgun with deep polished bluing. I would think a professional Blade Runner also takes care of his/her equipment.

Back to the Tomenosuke blaster ... In retrospect I think it really wasn't for sale but Mune was too gracious to be direct about it. The cost of each unit is really dictated by their "gunsmith" on an individual basis. Initially he quoted >$3000 which later went to $7000. I don't know if it was a reflection of the demand for these objects in Japan (whatever the market will bear), the "gunsmith's" hubris or a company ethic that precludes these objects from leaving Japan.

To put things in perspective I can get a real full house custom (built from scratch - not from a base gun.) .45 hand built by Ted Yost or Dane Burns starting around $7000.

In fact I can probably start with a PRO kit and send select pieces (receiver, cylinder ...) to Horace Ford (who is one of the best if not THE best for bluing guns) to do a master grade (high polish prep and hot blue) for around $1500.

Go figure.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to Nobu-san, Tomenosuke's gunsmith, I have found him to be very fair and reasonable. It's just that he's very busy and building one of these blasters takes a great deal of effort: Nobu is a perfectionist!

Anybody still needing a Tomenosuke blaster should jump on the Retailer Edition, which has just gone on pre-sale at Hollywood Collectors Group.

Karl
Dascoyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I didn't come across as being critical of Nobu-San. In truth there is no objective way to price an item crafted with such skill, time and love. I only lament that it's astronomically beyond my budget.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: