FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Bring Rich Coyle (Racprops) back? A poll for the community.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Rich Coyle (Racprops) be unbanned?
Bring him back, undo his ban.
 61%  [ 37 ]
Keep him banned.
 38%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 60

Masao
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eltee wrote:
Imagine a Coyle/Siderio blaster... Shocked

Combining the skill, ingenuity, knowledge base, resources, etc. of the two could have been awesome.

If might have been hilarious to be in the room as the two of them argued artistic differences in a mixture of shouted, broken English, Italian, Coylese, etc.

ElTee, you are cruel and unusual! LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own one of Rich's stunt kits and it doesn't quite meet the description I had mentioned. Still a cool kit, but he also sells it for over $100.

..And Karl, you really don't know how right you are with language problems. Being the middle man for part of it, and also seeing all the Email's between them later, I am still pretty lost. Confused Sadly sometimes I think Rich may have worked without a respirator for too many years.Still people who were either not fans of Coyle, or just feeling unsatisfied by him I know contacted Siderio and told him to not bother working with Coyle. It ruined all the work I had done, but I guess it may have been doomed from the start.

Still there is a hole in the market that needs to be filled and hopefully some new players will fill it (hopefully news on this soon). In the mean time Rich is truly the only one making the high end replicas at this point with the Tomenosuke sold out.

Since he is actively making these, I think having a place where the members here could have input on these for changes and improvements, could be something we, as well as Rich could benefit from.

We also have a place where reviews of transactions can be left so people can do their research before they buy. I prefer people do their research so they don't feel like they payed good money for something they assumed was something else and then act like it was the worst crime in history.

Andy
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Poll will be up for approximately another 24 hours. After that the poll will be ended. Please know, discussion can still continue, only the voting will be stopped.

As it was said before, Rich's ban was temporary, and we felt it was the best way to decide letting him come back was by giving the community here the opportunity to have a say in it.

Will all banned members be put up for a vote to come back, the answer is no. If someone gets a temporary ban like Rich, it may or may not come to a vote like this. Each situation is different, and while we operate under some type of guidelines; we understand that not all things happen exactly the same requiring different ways of handling each type of situation.

Also, if you do not like the idea of this vote, please let me know. I want to understand and have the opportunity to discuss this method.

As always, we like to have an open door here where people should feel free to share there opinions on how things should be done. While the opinions that are shared may not always be put into action, they will always be heard and discussed.

If you look to the bottom of this forum there is a section called Forum Feedback. Take a look at it, post suggestions, feedback, and other recommendations. It is easier to focus suggestions for the forum there instead of trying to hunt them down everywhere else.

Thank you all for your input on this and everything else, as always, this is a great place and I am proud to be involved with this community.

Tom
Matsuo
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not referencing Mr. Coyle directly, I have no problem letting a banned member returning.

I liken it to giving someone the keys to a nice car... they either take it out immediately and wrap it around a tree or they take care of it and appreciate what they have.

M
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not a fan of Richard and don't particularly miss him - I personally feel I am a guest here and whatever Amish decides is cool with me.

My hope for Richard, should he return, is that he will be able to accept and work with the people of this forum in a positive way.
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinner44.com wrote:
My hope for Richard, should he return, is that he will be able to accept and work with the people of this forum in a positive way.

So say we all.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one appreciated the opportunity to see the poll and exchange some ideas. Usually banning somebody is permanent, I have never heard of "temporarily banning" someone and then seeing if the board wants to have them back again.

Perhaps the mechanics of the temporary ban can be worked out a little more thoroughly.... perhaps temp bans should be for a fixed period, like one week, with automatic restoration.

If the member causes more trouble after a temporary ban has been tried, then you can perma-ban them.

k
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can tell, Karl, banning folks isn't something we have a whole lot of experience with here. It's not something that we like to do.

Usually, folks are permanently banned, and that's the end of that. We took Rich's famously volatile personality into account when we banned him and hoped that we'd be able to bring him back once he showed that he had changed his ways. The question of his return has come up a couple of times and the staff could never come to a consensus as to whether or not we thought he'd learned anything about how to behave better. So, we decided to see how the membership felt about the question and take their feelings into account as part of the equation.

As we all know, Rich is a . . . special case. I don't think we'll be doing too many other Temporary Bans.
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did a bit if Reading weighing up the good and bad and today finally decided to invest in one of rich's all metal worldcon blasters. He was prompt and courteous in response and I feel comfortable investing that much money. I hope he proves me right. I know this has little to do with this vote but i felt it relevent. I shall keep u all posted, hopefully with a description of a smooth and positive transaction.
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkknight0667 wrote:
Usually, folks are permanently banned, and that's the end of that. We took Rich's famously volatile personality into account when we banned him and hoped that we'd be able to bring him back once he showed that he had changed his ways. The question of his return has come up a couple of times and the staff could never come to a consensus as to whether or not we thought he'd learned anything about how to behave better. So, we decided to see how the membership felt about the question and take their feelings into account as part of the equation.

As we all know, Rich is a . . . special case. I don't think we'll be doing too many other Temporary Bans.

I think the folks who run and support (with time and money) a website / forum should have the discretion to do what they want (of course, within reason and law). Nobody says a hosted (no fee) website has to be democratic, but you guys have given us all a chance to speak our peace AND vote. Pretty generous and cool.

That this is a very harmonious site with very little "analysis paralysis" or reams of legalese ridden rules is very welcome, at least to me. I trust the folks in charge to make whatever administrative decisions they choose, and if I don't like it I can leave. Pretty simple. Keep it fun. Very Happy
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eltee wrote:

I think the folks who run and support (with time and money) a website / forum should have the discretion to do what they want (of course, within reason and law). Nobody says a hosted (no fee) website has to be democratic, but you guys have given us all a chance to speak our peace AND vote. Pretty generous and cool.

That this is a very harmonious site with very little "analysis paralysis" or reams of legalese ridden rules is very welcome, at least to me. I trust the folks in charge to make whatever administrative decisions they choose, and if I don't like it I can leave. Pretty simple. Keep it fun. Very Happy

Eloquently put Eltee and I for one agree with these points 100%...

amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the kind words about how Propsummit is run. We have always tried to be hands off and it pains each of us when we have to step in. I do not like to or ever want to ban anyone. It is only when it disrupts the board in its entirety or will cause harm to the community somehow that this is ever thought of.

We do not want to ban someone for merely breaking any rules, while this may happen, it is not our intent. No one is truly ever banned forever, people can change, and will deserve a second chance, however, some people may never deserve a second chance. Each person will be taken on a case by case basis. I have had friends banned at other forums who I have thought should be permitted back, I think I would be a hypocrite if I decided that a ban could never be reversed.

The poll was great because as Eltee put it, gave everyone an opportunity to be heard and pretty fairly at that. Even though we may have had some issues with multiple registrations by the same person, it was still fairly smooth given the fact that each of us is our own person and has their own feelings.

Unfortunately, I will be on an airplane tomorrow morning, so the poll will end probably sometime tomorrow evening. My apologies, but there will not be a whole lot I can do while I am in the air.

Once again, thank you all for your understanding, time, and being a member of this community. I hope what I said gives everyone a glimpse at how we try and treat each issue fairly and equally from the very minor to the very sever issues.

Tom
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We temp banned Rich at the point because each time we could get back online he would start again in the original thread after we moved things into the pit. We felt he needed a "time out" to cool down. We kept it going longer because he continued it over to some other boards when we banned him. Soon after he cooled and I actually talked to him about what it would take for us to let him back in, but he was still bitter. Others here also decided the ban should stay for a while longer. We never want to ban anybody. We only do it as a last resort.

Personally I am beginning to feel if we unban him we should NOT officially ask him to come back. I honestly could care less if he decides to come back or not, but in the end it will be his choice, and if he decides we are his enemy, he won't be here more than a day. If he is willing to respect all people here, then he can stay as long as he wants.

As far as bringing other banned members back, I am not opposed to it at all. I think each case will differ, and it will be up to the banned member to contact the admin through the posted email to try and ask for a second chance. I know a few members here wished at one point they had that option over at the RPF. We still strive to do things differently than there, and show everybody respect. On the other hand, there are people who continue to dig themselves deeper and ruin any second chances before they ever ask for them.

Andy

Andy
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Please....Proosummit Powers that Be...DECIDE....
...the whole official/unofficial aspect to Rich returning seems kind of moot....
...his relationship to Propsummit certainly is a bizarre one...
...given the (current and seemingly never ending) drama of UNBANNING him makes his return...borderline anti-climactic......
....Please ...Propsummit Powers that Be...DECIDE.....
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think we have decided to unban him, but we want to leave this thread open for people who still have questions and issues that need to be worked out.

Andy
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...thanks Andy...apologies for not being able to read between the lines....

David
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bassnoir, this poll, and this thread to a great degree is about the membership deciding.

And it's been made pretty clear that the membership would like to have Rich back.
oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you feel the love?

I vote that we rename the board to RACpropsummit.com until 2010 in celebration of Rich's unbanning.

I keed, I keed...

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempa-ban, Perma-ban should now be part of our vocab here at Propsummit Just kidding of course Razz
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the poll has ended. As we can see the results, Rich Coyle will be unbanned. In doing so I only ask that he is treated with the same respect every other member here is treated with.

At this moment, if he decides to return, he is a member of this community. Of course, if things do degrade again, there will be no third chances. However, I hope that people do not take this opportunity to take out any personal vendetta against him or bait him. I am not asking for anyone to treat him special, just treat him as you would any other member.

I hope that people will recognize from this poll that we are trying to be fair here. While not every person that is ever banned will be asked back, we will always consider it.

If anyone wants to ever discuss this, feel free to post about it in the Forum Feedback area or pm me. If you think I or another community guide did not see or answer your request in a timely manner, please pm me or another Community Guide.

As always, thank you all for your support and as with everything, this was a learning experience and a chance for us all to grow.

Thanks,

Tom

edited to correct a homonym (know v. no) and to show that there will be no third chance (this already being his second). dk0667
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: