FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
More found item props - have these been covered already?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Hyde
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: More found item props - have these been covered already? Reply with quote

Hello fellow Replicants!

Some found item props I've discovered... unless this is old news, so please correct me and point me to the relevant thread if I'm not blazing any new trails here, lol!

1. Bryant shot glass & ashtray:

as-seen-on-screen:

and one of my favorite pasttimes: finding continuity errors!!!

And now to "discovery pending mode": can someone positively confirm that this is the correct model portable TV on Deckard's dining table?

as-seen-on-screen:

Please feel free to add your own bloopers and/or found items! Cool
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep there are threads that discuss all of those exept the fan

Here is my thread on the Safex ashtray from a while back...

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=209&highlight=safex

andy
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked one up on Ebay for $9, still works and no other bidders, very surprised.
Its a Panasonic TR-535 Pop Up Television with AM/FM. It also appears in Decks bathroom as he washes away Leons beating and in the hallway behind Rachael as she edges closer, both times it has been hung upside down.

amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offworld, that sir is awesome!!
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch, offworld / Tim, bravo !!!
Shocked
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found and purchased another prop last week (more pictures to come soon) I found the lamp that is in Abdul Ben Hassan's shop. I went to an Estate sale and passed by a lot of over priced antiques(and almost antiques) and found a cool hospital lamp for 10$ and bought it with no hesitation. I didn't know for sure it was the lamp from the movie untill I got home. It was made by the A.S. Aloe Company, and I haven't been able to find any more info about it yet. It has a cool mid century 'industrial deco' look to it and that is the main reason I bought it as well as it's funtionality. It is the lamp in the back ground here...

Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,
Ive had some searches pay off lately and as well as the TV, also picked up a couple of other treasures. The SL-7 turntable that hangs on Deckards wall. this is covered in a previous thread and what i think is the same model TV magnifier found in Bryants office and possibly one of the versions in Deckards living room, it just has the trimming removed.
The SL-7`s are surpirsingly expensive, luckily i found one that is not working, but figured i can play with it later, still, not cheap. The magnifier appears blue but with the slightest light, it becomes clear and the frame is easily removed.
Great lamp Andy, been looking for Decks one for a long time, maybe soon, maybe not. Smile

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lenticular lens is not a magnification lens but a 'wide angle' lens. The same kind you can find in auto parts stores for rear windows in Vans. In fact I think the unit could actually be a van window based on the shape with two lenses attached. You can find the lenses under the name 'rear view lens' as well. You can get a great look at it, and what almost looks like an Atari game system as a base in the opening part of the Dangerous Days documentary. They also used similar lenses in the shop window where Deckard was waiting for his noodle order at the begining of the movie.

Andy
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that opening footage from the doco, my jaw dropped when i saw it for the first time. To see Deckards apartment with such clarity and detail,
i just wanted it to keep going for another half hour, there must be stacks of that kind of blocking film that will never be seen.
Perhaps Ridleys got one more in him, The Detail Freaks Cut.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couple of pics of the lamp for you all...

[/img]
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also picked up an Ikea Fräck mirror similar to Deckard's bathroom shaving mirror...

IMDB and Wikipedia also talk about the mirror being used on Battlestar Gallactica (as well as almost having the word Frak/Fräck in common)..

Quote:
Commander Adama has a shaving mirror in his cabin. This mirror is made by IKEA, and is a model called "Fräck" (spelling according to IKEA Web site). This word is similar to "frak" (spelling according to the subtitles with an "a" and without a "c"), which is the primary vulgarity in the Battlestar Galactica universe. "Fräck" is Swedish and can actually mean insolent or shameless but the meaning IKEA is most likely after is striking, which is another interpretation of the word. (This is a long shot, because the pronunciation of the Swedish word "fräck" is not that similar to "frak", the letter "ä" has a much shorter sound in that word then the a in "frak".)

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Andy, what a lamp! Very Happy And the Ikea mirror.... hooohoooooo! The cheapest prop in the history! Razz

Well, I won a Technics SL-7 turnatable from France... I'll post some pics when it arrives.

I don't know if my home it's a home or a museum.... Where is the red line? Smile
Rustyn242
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Lens with frame Reply with quote

Hey that lens is really cool looking. What did they list it as on evilbay? When I've done searches I just get the adhesive ones that attach directly on to a car window.
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I think its a great pick up as well,
Its a Beamsonic TV screen magnifier and i found it in the "Televisions/ TV Accessories section. It came up 2 pages after Deckards TV, never been that lucky before, makes up for all the wasted time looking for bottles and bowties.
BTW Pick the tv up in a couple of hours, will post some pics. Very Happy
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A wonder of modern televisual viewing"...............

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Lens with frame Reply with quote

Rustyn242 wrote:
Hey that lens is really cool looking. What did they list it as on evilbay? When I've done searches I just get the adhesive ones that attach directly on to a car window.

Ironicly that is exactly the kind of lenticular lense they used. Two of different sizes on what I think may actually be a van rear window. I did a bunch of research on the "Beam Magnifyers" even going to a specialty store for the visually impaired. I even tried using cheap page magnifyers from outlet stores before I realized the lenses were not magnifyers. The hardest thing so far for me is trying to get the sizes down now for the whole unit and to find the base.

Andy
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with you Andy on the van window idea for the screen in Deckards place, which btw would be a super prop to replicate , please keep us informed, but im certain the screen used in Bryants office is a magnifier screen, the dimensions seem compatible, the metal border is clearly visible and they havnt bothered to attach any additional lenses.
Unfortunately,like so many of us, im old enough to remember these things were all the go back in the day(70`s and 80`s)
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am almost 100% positive that the one in Bryant's office is the exact same prop in Deckard's apartment. It looks to me that it has the two lenses, and I think I remember seeing it much better in the behind the scenes shots from 'Dangerous Days'. The frame is also on Deckard's and maybe leftover from the window or put on by the prop makers to hide any left over glazing.

Andy
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its agreed, we disagree. Smile
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SL-7 arrived from France today and weighs a ton, hanging it on the wall aint easy. Got a Braun HL-70 `personal fan but its orange so im going to pull it apart and give it a nice white finish,will post before and after pics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: