FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Coyle All-Metal vs. Sidkit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riskbreaker
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Coyle All-Metal vs. Sidkit? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I have a built-up SidKit by a master builder. It's really nice on display but on handling, it loses a bit.

My question is whether it's worth it to make the upgrade to the all-metal Worldcon Coyle blaster from the SidKit. Does the fit and finish justify the $400 I'll probably lose in the switch?

RB
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not according to most.
The whole reason Rich was finally banned from here had to do
with his unwillingness to accept that Sid-Kit was able to make the
BR World-Con Blaster better and sell it cheaper than he was able to...that and some pretty wild racist comments.
I'm not certain as to why the word "Banned!" doesn't appear on his profile here as it does with others,
I guess because some are still worried about offending Rich even though he made Propsummit a
not-so-fun-place-to-be when he was here, there are those who want him back but the numbers are small.
The biggest complaint about Coyle's World-Con that I have been told (MANY TIMES) is that the detail and over-all feel and quality does NOT match up with his asking price and he quite simply REFUSES to up-grade his quality or listen to reason of any kind on that point.
(I don't think I'm starting up any old fires here, just stating general knowledge)

Last edited by Once-bitten on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick aside in regards to Rich:

Rich has had his privileges here temporarily suspended. Banning is something that we don't really like to do here - it goes against almost every instinct that we (the staff) have about how the board should be run. However, Rich made it very difficult to let him stay here. We're hoping to reopen the place to him in the future and that he will take the opportunity to become a productive member of the community and not just rant and rage against Sid and anyone who doesn't agree with him in every thread. Ranting has it's place, and that place is The Pit. If he had kept his tirades there, then we probably wouldn't have had a problem with him (though his last outburst was a bit over the line). Unfortunately, no matter how many times he was moved and urged to keep things in their proper place (props in the prop areas and rants in The Pit), he simply refused to do so. Hopefully, things will be different when he is offered the opportunity to return.

As for the differences between the SidKit and the Coyle All-Metal, I can't personally comment as I own neither, so I won't.
Eagle
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without wishing to be partisan, I bought an older Sidkit and it was... 'average'.

I'm 100% happy with the Coyle WorldCon.

oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle wrote:
I'm 100% happy with the Coyle WorldCon.

I concur with Eagle - I am quite happy with my Coyle WorldCon.

One thing I have learned is not to buy unbuilt prop kits as I have limited talent and patience in building them up. Laughing

Now, I did have a 2006 Sidkit that I never built and after 2 years of sitting in my closet, I finally sold it.

However, for the record, I have never seen a built-up Coyle and Sidkit side by side (other than in photos).

Of course, all BR props look even better next to OB's JW Bottle! Wink

Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, Oldzey is a smooth-talker... Very Happy
I believe however the question at hand is this:

Quote:
whether it's worth it to make the upgrade to the all-metal Worldcon Coyle blaster from the SidKit. Does the fit and finish justify the $400 I'll probably lose in the switch?

Ultimately I think each and every single person who is interested in purchasing a Blaster will have to answer this question for his/her self...
It's you that has to eventually spend the money or not.
I don't need to repeat my feelings about Coyle's work...I think everyone here is aware of them.
If you are able to contact Rich and convince him that you don't support that "recaster" Siderio, and I'm almost certain he will ask you(I don't know if it would be a good idea to mention that you own one) you may be able to talk him into making one up for you.
When you get it you should set it next to your Sid-Kit and take photo's, then share those photo's with all of us here.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldzey, I never, ever get sick of looking at your collection there.

May I suggest you turn off the lights, fire up the neon sign, and take some new photos for us to enjoy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: