FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
My collection, blasters, and some fan film images
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: My collection, blasters, and some fan film images Reply with quote

Some times I wonder if I decided to write a blade runner fan film because I wanted half an excuse to collect and create more blade runner props!! And I really wanted to build a spinner too!!

Here are some pics of my collection. After I move and get settled I will post more.

Here are a few of out fan film props in progress!!

Weyland-Yutani is in our Blade Runner fan film, and I also wanted to use the pulse rifle in there, but instead of military use we see corporate guards with it. It's going to have an all black theme, but with flat and gloss portions and the WY logo all over it.

We're going to recreate this police kiosk as well for our ridleyville set:

As well as these costumes:

Here are a few screen caps of what have filmed already:

Whew. OK, enough for now, more later. Lots more!! Including a Vk machine and a Vid phone!

Feel free to share your home grown Blade Runner props right here in this thread!!

Noeland-----------------------
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland!

Though I have seen your collection before, I am still amazed and drooling with envy each time it is posted

However, at the end you say a VK machine and a Vid Phone!!!! Please, Please, Please post pics ))))
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a few weeks before I have pictures of the vidphone or the Vk machine, but those are the next projects we will be building for the fan film. Probably start in two weekends from this one.

Once things get rolling, pics will follow!!

Njc-------------------
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! Maybe while you build you could document everything for a tutorial of sorts (hint hint).

As far as the build of the VK machine, are you going to be doing resin, other plastic, or wood? I do not know a lot about the found parts on the VK machine or if there is even any.

Also, Spinner44.com has done some amazing work with them. You might want to contact him as well.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As far as the build of the VK machine, are you going to be doing resin, other plastic, or wood?

We'll be using plastic and aluminum to make the VK machine. Milling, vac-forming, and kit bashing!

amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland, that is awesome! Please document the progress as I am dying to see this
BR12819
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very very cool, how is the fan film coming BTW

Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a pretty extensive SW fan film. need some suggestions LMK.

What camera(s) are you using?
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to go off topic here, but do you have a link to your fan movie Jedirick?

Otherwise, I think the time for fan films really is upon us. With the ability to record digitally and edit everything on a home computer using software similar if not the same as the professionals has really created a new market.

I would love to do a movie someday. In fact, I wanted to be a film director when I first start Art School. It wasnt until I found my true forte at computers that I changed my career direction. Otherwise, someday I will get my chance Maybe in another 30+ years....
BR12819
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with you amish i actually do a lot of writing scripts and such i wrote a hour long star wars script along with a Blade Runner based script using the charecters from the game. not trying to blow my own horn here or anything, but what id really like is for someone to read them and give me some feedback

amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this clip posted by Noeland on Youtube.com I hope he doesnt mind me posting it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUYLBV8SVrk
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck no I don't mind. I feel kinda stupid for not posting it myself.
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland wrote:

Me too.

http://theforce.net/fanfilms/shortfilms/sinsofthejedi/index.asp

All costumes except 2, all props except one light saber, all set pieces except the castle are mine! We were fortunate enough to be able to film on Screen Gems backlot got to use the castle from the film Black Knight.

Here are the 2 completed installments. Some behind the scenes.

A outworld medical quack- weapons smuggler segment and big trooper battle are still rough footage and incomplete. Simply ran out of time and money. Had a number of pro film crew volunteer their time and talents regardless, to pull off the spfx battles and the staging for several scenes would have run another 10k and enuff was enuff. Dealing with a number of very amatuerish personalities where you can't take their paycheck got old. had one jerk take an entire hard drive of rough cuts to iraq for a YEAR!!!

Other than that, it was a great experience and sealed my decision to begin a production company.
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland-

What's the story behind the officers cap and cap badge? I

Have a similar cap I think it may have a black band instead of blue. have to find it.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedirick wrote:
Noeland wrote:

Me too.

http://theforce.net/fanfilms/shortfilms/sinsofthejedi/index.asp

All costumes except 2, all props except one light saber, all set pieces except the castle are mine! We were fortunate enough to be able to film on Screen Gems backlot got to use the castle from the film Black Knight.

Here are the 2 completed installments. Some behind the scenes.

A outworld medical quack- weapons smuggler segment and big trooper battle are still rough footage and incomplete. Simply ran out of time and money. Had a number of pro film crew volunteer their time and talents regardless, to pull off the spfx battles and the staging for several scenes would have run another 10k and enuff was enuff. Dealing with a number of very amatuerish personalities where you can't take their paycheck got old. had one jerk take an entire hard drive of rough cuts to iraq for a YEAR!!!

Other than that, it was a great experience and sealed my decision to begin a production company.

Hey Rick,

For some reason your link is not working for me Sad Any chance of seeing it somewhere else?

Thanks!

Tom
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What's the story behind the officers cap and cap badge?

I got the cap from a second hand store for $1. I bought it for a different project years ago, it's an airforce cap not a police cap, but it serves the purpose. I'm going to get one that si closer to production used after the first of the year for display.

The bronze badge I got along with the curved 995 badge at Megacon 3 or 4 years back for $10. They weigh a a frikin' TON.
BR12819
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was going through some of my old files today and found your movie rick, pretty dern good if i say so myself. deffinatly worth a check out for anyone who hasnt seen it yet.

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland, You seem to have the best information on the Hartford blasters of anyone. Is it true they are still in production? It also seems that even within the airsoft/cap versions their are variations as in the change in text to from Steyr to Stayr(or the other way around) with the swapping of E and A on the reciever. Is there anyone I can contact top get more information on these variations?
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they are still in production. You can get one here:

http://www.modelguns.co.uk/m2019_blaster.htm

Cheaper than they go on ebay by a couple hundred bucks.

Hartford didn't cast any of the real gun parts to make thier blaster, so the text doesn't match the real deal at all. All the blasters are made with laser cut parts, not cast parts.

As for variations between the versions, it does appear they have corrected some spelling errors. This picture:

Is different than mine. Mine has the A's as in STAYR and then instead of A.G. as it reads in the pic, mine has E.G.

My guess would be that if you get one with the A in Steyr it's probably one of the older production models.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I was told by the guy selling them on ebay(for twice what your site is selling them for). I thought it would be the other way around. I can tell by how clean the lines are on it that it is all production(machined molds) and no recasting. I am curious to what is being said about the # of copies of each version there actually are going to be. I origionally read 500 of each numbered sequentially. The Hartford site is showing the airsoft version being available again for around the same price I saw the cap version offered there before. The ebay seller told me that those are just unclaimed and returns and there is a waiting list for them. I don't for some reason expect him to tell me the whole truth though. I am interested in any info i could get for my history of the replicas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: