FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Nostromo Crew Jacket (and other Thinking Cap Co patches etc)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

repdetect wrote:
And i have a book about OUTLAND at the same publisher as ticker as the ALIEN one, very nice indeed !...i love this 'industrial' Sci-fi movie !

Has anyone knows 'The long tomorow' a short comic written by Dan O' Banon and drawn by the great Jean Giraud aka Moebius...it inspired Ridley Scott for our favorite movie...not to speak about the Incal a few years later : all is already there, a pi in a huge futuristic megalopolis...

I own the OUTLAND photonovel, too !!! (did you buy yours at TEMPS FUTURS, the great - and long gone, alas - bookstore nearby Notre-Dame in Paris ???)

The Long Tomorrow inspired a Star Wars design, too, I'll post something about this someday in the CABINET OF CURIOSITIES...

BTW Tim, I think I've found your Nostromo jacket ad in the pages of one of my STARLOG issues...

Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Outland, Peter Hyams is one of my favs, he's even got the whole evil corporation thing going on with Con-Amalgamate sneaking in to most of his movies. Been missing his and Verhovens work and Luc Besson as well.
Fred, you devil, I remember those coats, even though i loved the series, i never wanted one, would have killed for a working Cylon helmet though.
I think the nostromo sketch was of just the jacket, no goofy humans in it.I think the dad warriors photo is on my barbers wall.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

offworld66 wrote:
Very nice guys. The Giger book was always to pricey for me back in the day, should try and follow it up now, probably nothing has changed.
Thats it Fred, were getting closer, maybe Joan will have something to contribute. I was sure Andy would have had one. The more i think about it, the jacket in the ad was drawn, like you would see on the backpage of an old comic, its starting to do my head in now.

The Giger Alien book is available in paperback now and seems more affordable. Keep an eye out for it in the usual places (Ebay, Amazon, ABE), I have even seen current reissues of it in book stores for under $20. I picked mine up in a used store for $5 about 10-15 years ago though.

I think the "Book of Alien" was also republished along with the DVD quadrilogy release and was available in book stores for a brief while for about $12 IIRC.

Andy
Division 6
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not what your looking for but looking through my archives I found a add for Alien 3 jackets.
Leather bomber and a quilted.
both with patches.

Made by Peartree Licensing Company Limited.
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tim & Andy, look at this, I've found an entire article devoted to the THINKING CAP CO in STARLOG #42...
Cool

Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is fantastic news Andy, its a been a great year for realising all the things i longed for in my mispent youth and those books are a big part of that.
Thanks Division 6, im very keen to see that coat, so will follow that up,
who knows, it could leed me to the original.
It would be easy i suppose to get on to Alien Legacy etc and track this down but this is the first place i stumbled on after my BR passion was rekindled after seeing the final cut discs, actually it was through OB`s
initial bottle interest list, found by accident, that i found propsummit, so its my one stop shop.
Anyway, the journey is proving to be as fulfulling as the potential destination. Very Happy
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred, that is absolute gold, man do i want one of those Con-Am hats.
Thats the original Nostromo hat i got all those years ago, i didnt survive the journey
as i wore it constantly, but as you know i kept the patch and will find a replacment cap today!, make that two, i know youve got the patch. I think i even wore the 2nd gen cap to the Harry Dean Stanton and the Repo Men gig all those years ago, didnt think to get him to sign it, too drunk.
Do you Know if the Con-Am patch has been re-issued, Ive got a great yellow Caterpillar cap that could do with a patch transplant.
Nice work Fred Very Happy
Division 6
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the add.

And link to Aliens Legacy
http://forum.alienslegacy.com
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKIN JOB 66 wrote:
repdetect wrote:
And i have a book about OUTLAND at the same publisher as ticker as the ALIEN one, very nice indeed !...i love this 'industrial' Sci-fi movie !

Has anyone knows 'The long tomorow' a short comic written by Dan O' Banon and drawn by the great Jean Giraud aka Moebius...it inspired Ridley Scott for our favorite movie...not to speak about the Incal a few years later : all is already there, a pi in a huge futuristic megalopolis...

I own the OUTLAND photonovel, too !!! (did you buy yours at TEMPS FUTURS, the great - and long gone, alas - bookstore nearby Notre-Dame in Paris ???)

The Long Tomorrow inspired a Star Wars design, too, I'll post something about this someday in the CABINET OF CURIOSITIES...

BTW Tim, I think I've found your Nostromo jacket ad in the pages of one of my STARLOG issues...

Hélas Fred, i've never been to Temps Futurs - not to Notre-Dame - the library went under in the middle of the 80's if i remember well ?!

I remeber those adds of Temps Futur in the defunct magazine METAL HURLANT ( HEAVY METAL for our friends )...a great source of inspirations !
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bunch of vintage Heavy Metal Magazines too. Good place to look for the ALIEN Ads.

Intergalactic Trading Co still has a bunch of the vintage patches from Thinking Cap Co. even though most of the stuff they sell now is not vintage. I have a feeling they are trying to grandfather the license for them from the 80's. Still for some of their lesser sellers and special editions they still have the vintage stuff like from Outland and such. Their prices aren't what they used to be, but still cool none the less.

Andy
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And my first born son shall be called...........Andy.
Con-Am patches, light blue Nostromo patch, Giger books and the Outland
photonovel..........happy times. Very Happy
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Division 6 wrote:
Here's the add.

And link to Aliens Legacy
http://forum.alienslegacy.com

Waooow, well done Div6, didn't know these even existed !! (love the one on the left)
Shocked

Tim, like Andy said, the patches currently for sale on the Intergalactic Trading co are not vintage... they're made in China, and poorly done compared to the original ones IMHO, so beware when ordering some, don't expect high quality !

Phil, Temps Futurs was the main reason why I visited my aunt and uncle in Paris during holidays. All the spare money I had left was spent there in american and english import books... this bookstore was awesome (and I don't talk about the sellers here, these guys took time to give kind advices to the kid I was back then every time I needed them). I still have a bag and a few VPC catalogues from them... what great times... (sigh)
(The 2nd reason why I visited my uncle is he was an helicopter mechanic for the fire brigade and we could - my brother and I - fly above Paris with them from time to time ! The night flights were GREAT !!!!!!!!!)
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems Fred, just gunna get the Con-Am patch now and the books when im more cashed up, its just good to know where to get them.
Digging out the old nostromo patch has inspired me to put another hat together, i found these very cheap and got two of each so will send you one when they arrive, its a good place to keep your patch until you find your "Thinking Cap" holy grail.
Been looking at some Alien fan sites for any clues on the nostromo jacket,
you were right in a previous post saying that the grunts outnumber the truckers. I am still holding out that a solution can be found here. I am positive that they existed because i went through the process of sending money for it, didnt i?.............anyway, expect these in the post...

SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

offworld66 wrote:
No problems Fred, just gunna get the Con-Am patch now and the books when im more cashed up, its just good to know where to get them.
Digging out the old nostromo patch has inspired me to put another hat together, i found these very cheap and got two of each so will send you one when they arrive, its a good place to keep your patch until you find your "Thinking Cap" holy grail.
you were right in a previous post saying that the grunts outnumber the truckers. I am still holding out that a solution can be found here. I am positive that they existed because i went through the process of sending money for it, didnt i?.............anyway, expect these in the post...

Tim,
Don't know what to say, except I'm really touched !!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

MANY THANKS FOR THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll PM you in a minute...

Fred
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred, heres the finished product...............

SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

offworld66 wrote:
Fred, heres the finished product...............

HOLY COW !!!!!!!!!

Shocked

That's simply GREAT !!! (and I don't talk about your bakelite radio here !!! Very cool, too)

Cool
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fred, its not 100% accurate, but is instantly recognisable.
The braiding is easy to iron-on and i had to do some trimming, but i`ll
send yours untouched.
The radio works perfectly, i listen to horse races and Aussie Rules football
on it sometimes, even todays commercials seem less annoying when listening to it, very warm sound.
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasnt happy so i peeled them off, did a little more trimming and re-ironed, good stuff to work with.............

repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

offworld66 wrote:

Tim, i wondered where did you get this cap and the 'oak leaves ' patches ?
On ebay i guess ?...on what search ?
Actually i plan to get a Nostromo and ConAm 27 caps done by myself !!
Thanks !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Alien Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: