FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
• "NO"STROMO UNIFORM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: • "NO"STROMO UNIFORM Reply with quote

AN INQUIRY

No doubt this is covered to some extent here, and I know there has been discussion on the RPF and elsewhere online, but perhaps I can gain some insight or direction here, in an area where my skills are a bit lacking. Smile

My results so far have been disappointing. I am building a costume, but looking for a possible source for clothing worn by the NOSTROMO crew. I know much of what I've seen online is fan-made, with countless hours of research and handwork, but my sewing talents are MIA.

I am aware of the Magnoli offerings, but I'm also aware that many of his items, while adequate, still remain somewhat inaccurate, especially for the price (I bought the Nostromo shirt, before it was recently "corrected").

I have discovered better versions on that other site and elsewhere, but most were pieces and limited offers from past years, so I missed those chances due to timing.

To date, it seems that finding a reliable, willing (and sufficiently talented) seamstress in the Central U.S. is nearly impossible. Fandom and cosplay are relatively alien here. Pardon the pun . . .

I would guess there are still those out there, dedicated to getting the details right and willing to help out those of us in our quest.

Thanks.

Have A Better One! - R13

Last edited by Replicant 13 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends what is your goal/project for that particular costume.
They sometime show-up in the JY on the RPF, or you could always ask someone to do one for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Alien Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: