FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Deckard's Personal VidPhon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

framed wrote:
looks great what model hair dryer did they used in the film?

Not determined, if I remember correctly.
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

framed wrote:
looks great what model hair dryer did they used in the film?

Yeah never determined yet but I think it's one of the Sears models I have used in my builds. It seems to match.

Tom
kevdeo
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such awesome work.

I'd love to pick one of these up. Man...

youtube.com/user/kevdeovideo
instagram.com/kevdeo
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevdeo wrote:
Such awesome work.

I am building one more but I am going to offer a version that is easier for me to make. Instead of building a new base around the original phone base I am going to use this last build as a master to make a mold and just make the new bases out of solid black onyx resin. Then I just have to build the housing around the viewer. It will make it a lot quicker and thus profitable to build them. Otherwise I can not make anymore as they are two time consuming so basically I can offer a new one as I find the hairdryer and the Casio. I have three extra handsets and the rest is easy to find.

I have everything for the last regular build that is already sold and parts for the first of the new version if you are interested.

Thanks

Tom
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameth wrote:
kevdeo wrote:
Such awesome work.

I am building one more but I am going to offer a version that is easier for me to make. Instead of building a new base around the original phone base I am going to use this last build as a master to make a mold and just make the new bases out of solid black onyx resin. Then I just have to build the housing around the viewer. It will make it a lot quicker and thus profitable to build them. Otherwise I can not make anymore as they are two time consuming so basically I can offer a new one as I find the hairdryer and the Casio. I have three extra handsets and the rest is easy to find.

I have everything for the last regular build that is already sold and parts for the first of the new version if you are interested.

Thanks

Tom

This is very interesting Tom, I`ve had all the parts to put one together for a long time and have kept putting it off as my eyes are letting me down when it comes to the overall surround of the unit.
Buch kindly sent me paper templates but I`m still hesitant.

Your one piece mold sound like the perfect solution for me to get this finished and for others to make a start with more confidence. Will your mold include the Bic tray?
I have one but an already incorporated one makes better sense.

Last edited by Mr Webber on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Webber wrote:
jameth wrote:
kevdeo wrote:
Such awesome work.

Thanks

Tom

This is very interesting Tom, I`ve had all the parts to put one together for a long time and have kept putting it off as my eyes are letting me down when it comes to the overall surround of the unit.
Buck kindly sent me paper templates but I`m still hesitant.

Your one piece mold sound like the perfect solution for me to get this finished and for others to make a start with more confidence. Will your mold include the Bic tray?
I have one but an already incorporated one makes better sense.

Interesting. You bring up two good points.

I had not thought about molding the bic tray. I don't know if it would work but I will look at it.

The other idea you bring up is just selling molded bases which would also be an option and then you just have to build the viewer housing.

Let me get to work on that in the next few weeks and see.

Off the top of my head I don't think the Bic tray mold would work but I will look at it to see.
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great. Cool

Perhaps you could supply the parts needed to join up the bic tray and the viewer to your mold, glue together yourself style if you cant do it in one piece.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: