FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
WORLDCON SIDKIT NEW BUILD W/ A FEW "EXTRAS" ADDED!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: WORLDCON SIDKIT NEW BUILD W/ A FEW "EXTRAS" ADDED! Reply with quote

MUCH thanks goes out to propsummit member "drmcoy"! With his mastered skills of model building he has created for me using a SIDKIT, a stunning rendition of the WORLDCON HERO PROP. Without his help and his agreeing to build my kit this would not have happened. So i thank you very much with all my gratitude! Xmas came early this year!

A few extras added in, the cut wires running down the side of the cylinder cover (as per the WC heroprop) and the residue built up on the diamond/checkered pattern in the grips (as per the WC heroprop). We went for a less "kicked around in the gutter look" than the WC hero prop as it appears now, we went for a lighter scuffed/dinged weathered look. The white wires are a "off white" color to show age, that did not show through in the photos of the SIDKIT as posted here.

Images at this link; http://web.me.com/tedeckel1/Site_6/Photos.html

Thanks.

Last edited by panzerrune on Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Build. Looks Fantastic. I fixed your pics so they can be seen.

Andy
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Pics were showing at my end when i first posted them. I wonder what i am doing wrong then? I copied over the url and pasted it at the end of my postings.

Thanks again!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did them so quickly you must not have noticed they weren't showing. Smile I caught them as soon as you posted them.

Once you paste in the Pictures URL you have to put the image tags at the ends of it. You do that while in message post control panel by highlighting the image URL and clicking the Img button at top.

Andy
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, gotcha! You are fast! I just went and fixed a past thread i started with a image that was not showing, now it works Smile.

Thanks!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The green LED's look great BTW. It looks like the wires are cut, so how did you power them?

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice!!! Duuuuuuude! I love it!
drmcoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll chime in as I did the build...

The white exposed wires are NOT connected to anything, but merely cosmetic in appearance.

The ACTUAL wires that SidKit has preinstalled with his kit are two very thin wires, one black, one red.

When Brian asked me to add the white wires, I went to hobby shop and bought some thin white wire that would have worked, but then he sent me a wire that was a little more "yellowed" which I used as it looked more aged.

I simply bent wire to form two strands side by side, pressed them firmly together, then bent the top into a little "L" shape hook, the top of which I glued to the side cover just beneath the green LED rod -- I used JB Weld for a firm hold. I did put a touch of super glue gel underneath the length of the white wire to better hold it in place against the side cover.

the cylinder can be open without disturbing the white wire, but tried as I could, I could not make this particular build have a swing out cylinder that would swing out freely -- you have to help guide it out from the other side by lifting up the bolt lever...but I actually prefer it this way as the gun does not rattle (like my SidKit does) -- I rarely eject the cylinder -- plus, the actual Green LED wiring is in there and repeated cylinder ejections, I have found, can pull at these very fragile wires -- which happened on MY gun (not Brian's).,

Anyways, thanks to Brian for posting pics and thanks for the kind remarks on the build.
clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't the sides of the outer grip frame be black too?
drmcoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I could stand to be corrected, but in the pics I've seen, it looks like the inside of the grip frame is metal -- in fact, if you look at close-up pics of WorldCon model, there is a little triangle patch of black underneath amber grips near the top screw where grips are attached, so I assumed that rest of interior of grip frame was bare metal.

Also, Brian had asked me to have this area bare metal -- however, if it is discovered that grip frame is indeed black -- or rather all black or black in places I didn't discover, it is easily remedied as grips can be removed and easily gun could easily be masked to make whatever parts you wanted black to be black.

I'll have to go back and scrutinize the WC pics some more -- it may well be there is more black around/under grip area.

ted
drmcoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I went back and looked at WC photos, and to my eye, the area of grips UNDERNEATH the amber grips appears to be 98% dark metal with a touch of black here and there.

The EXPOSED areas of grips (where your fingers would wrap and back of palm would rest) are indeed black -- and are black on my build, with some weathering to exposed silver metal to resemble WC piece.

However, this is just my tired-old-eyes take on it -- if someone knows differently -- or has a keener eye, I'm all ears. Smile
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drmcoy wrote:
Well, I went back and looked at WC photos, and to my eye, the area of grips UNDERNEATH the amber grips appears to be 98% dark metal with a touch of black here and there.

The EXPOSED areas of grips (where your fingers would wrap and back of palm would rest) are indeed black -- and are black on my build, with some weathering to exposed silver metal to resemble WC piece.

However, this is just my tired-old-eyes take on it -- if someone knows differently -- or has a keener eye, I'm all ears. Smile

The metal areas i can see that are between the two amber grips appear to my eye to be unpainted (except for the sides as drmcoy has pointed out and was painted black on my kit and his kits). Also i must ask, by unpainted/painted, do we mean BLACK as is the parts of the gun (ammo clip, cylinder covers, metal sides between the amber grips etc...) or do we mean the GUN BLUING (barrel, cocking handle, triggers, trigger guard etc...)? If we are talking actual black, i see no black on the inner metal frame between the amber grips (except on the sides as stated). If we are talking gun bluing, well that is a hard call if the inner frame is gun blued on the WC heroprop or not as too look for that through the amber grips really alters the color!?

Thanks.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of the grip frames are black with some silver edge wear. The inner frame is blackened aluminum. The bulldog frame is almost pure silver. It almost seems reversed here.

Andy

Last edited by andy on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Both of the grip frames are black with some silver edge wear. The inner frame is blackened aluminum. The bulldog frame is almost pure silver. It almost seems reversed here.

Andy

Do you mean roughly this area that i have my "crudely" drawn line around that on both sides should possibly be black? I am trying to figure out exactly what area we are talking about. I do not have my kit in hand yet as it is in the mail, so i am going by photos and trying too look through the amber grips (can be difficult as they distort the colors and metal like a funhouse mirror).

Thanks.

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simultaneous picture posting Smile

All the pics seem pretty consistent with what I posted above no matter what the angle. Since you can see other silver parts (or areas) too in contrast you know it isn't just a trick of the eye.

Andy
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Simultaneous picture posting Smile

All the pics seem pretty consistent with what I posted above no matter what the angle. Since you can see other silver parts (or areas) too in contrast you know it isn't just a trick of the eye.

Andy

Yeah and the same image also Smile .

Now i see the black!

Thanks!
clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are all these pics of the worldcon coming from? I downloaded the zip file and I don't see that pic in there.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. It is kind of freaky. It seems both our computer times are synced up. Very Happy

Andy
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clutch wrote:
Where are all these pics of the worldcon coming from? I downloaded the zip file and I don't see that pic in there.

In the folder for pics outside the case. Did you get all the folders and unzip them all? We also both cropped the picture down.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: