FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
WORLDCON SIDKIT NEW BUILD W/ A FEW "EXTRAS" ADDED!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm a dolt. Somehow I deleted or didn't unzip them all.
drmcoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pics, Andy. You have a keener eye than me on this one. It does indeed look like there is black paint along edge of outer grip frame.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spent WAY too much time looking at those pics. It helps when I run across the unknown parts at gun shows and such Wink I guess you can call it BR Gun Prn. Razz Smile

Andy
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I have spent WAY too much time looking at those pics. It helps when I run across the unknown parts at gun shows and such Wink I guess you can call it BR Gun Prn. Razz Smile

Andy

Andy and drmcoy,

With individuals like yourselves that study these images till the eyeballs are bloodshot is what makes the BR gun kits get more and more accurate with every serious build. The build that drmcoy did for me we went for accuracy and a step beyond. With the painting/weathering tips from drmcoy, when my SIDKIT arrives to me i will be taking the amber grips off and painting/weathering accordingly the metal frame inside.

Andy, thanks for posting the photo with the drawn on description. I will use that as a reference for painting.

Thanks guys!
drmcoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white lines drawn on the amber grips is NOT all black.

I will outline what is black on that same pic and post tonite, Brian.
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drmcoy wrote:
The white lines drawn on the amber grips is NOT all black.

I will outline what is black on that same pic and post tonite, Brian.

Yeah i know. It was a very rough drawing. I did not even get the line around the frame area that shows black paint with rub wear on the edges.

THANKS!
drmcoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a crude approximation -- yellow outline is METAL, BLUE OUTLINE is black.

The part I really wanted to point out was near the top of the amber grip -- in other photos you can clearly see that there is a small triangular shape that juts out from frame edge that is black, and the area around it is dark metal.

Take a close look at some of the other pics from the WorldCon series and you'll see this more clearly.

clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? It looks like you are circling sections of the bulldog and outer frame together? Could some of it be attributed to glare or imperfections in the undersides of the amber grips? I think the entire outer frame is gloss black. Inside, outside, sides, etc...
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That part is tricky because it looks like it was cracked off and glued back on to the frame as well as the rest of the grips. The glue on the other side changes the refractive quality of the plastic and is more reflective on the backside and actually makes it look like the piece is missing in other shots. I am pretty sure it is black though.

Andy
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before i even begin to touch that frame with black paint, i need to make sure or at least be a good 95% sure exactly what needs to be black and what does not. Once i have my kit back in hand, i can pop the amber grips off and look at it and compare to appropriate shots of the WC heroprop.

Thanks.
drmcoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took another look at every single pic of WC grips both inside and out of the case and I would ask anyone interested in this debate to REALLY study ALL pics.

I do not have the time right now to post the grip shots, but if you REALLY REALLY look closely, a good case could be made that there is very LITTLE TO NO BLACK on the INSIDE of grip frames.

Do not just go by the one shot above, but look at ALL grip shots on both sides of gun.

I will admit there MIGHT be more black on the grip frame that is same side as green LED rod, but there are some photos that look to me as iff it MAY indeed just be darker metal...with possibly SOME black overspray on a few select areas.

The one thing to look for is the little triangular patch of gloss black paint near TOP of grip (underneath it) -- you'll see the black and then the darker metal -- and if you look at other shots it APPEARS as though there may ONLY be black along OUTSIDE of frame and NOT on the inside.

Sorry I didn't have time to post all the WC pics that prove this, btu everyone here has access to them on this forum.

PLEASE KNOW I AM NOT SAYING DEFINITIVELY THAT THERE IS NOT ANY BLACK ON INSIDE GRIP FRAMES, but that there be a LOT LESS than people may think based on looking at just the one picture posted above. I will go as far to say that I bet there is almost NO black in may of the places we thiought there to be but that it is just the way the lighting was when photo was taken.

Of course, I invite discussion as this is based on just what my eyes can see, but before we define what is and isn't black on grip frame, I would ask those contributing to this thread to take the time to analyze the WC pics carefully before making any more conclusions.

Thanks for hearing me out.

I will try to post pics in a day or three to show you why I'm saying all this, unless one of you beats me to it.
drmcoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a new thread about grip frame color and posted pics there so as not to derail this thread. I invite everyone interested to argue my points and provide photo reference to clarify your opinions as I am not 100% sure of what my eyes appear to be seeing and I would truly like to know what the actual story is on grip frame color.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: