FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blaster On Display Stand

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drmcoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Blaster On Display Stand Reply with quote

Finally got my hands on one of Gary's stands and wanted to show off my display. SidKit gun, Gary's stand -- I added the acrylic block with lenticular movie scene that was in the suitcase special edition DVD set -- I forgot all about this, but when I went to pull out the unicorn that also came with the set, I saw this -- the lenticular movie scene is of Deckard firing his gun! When you move your eye level up or down, he swings his firearm to aim right at you....I was just gonna put a Spinner or unicorn on the gun base, but this acrylic piece looked pretty cool.

The doll is from ebay, the spinner is a kit I got from someone on this forum or the RPF -- maybe Matt Munson, although I don't think he's doing them anymore.

panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drmcoy,

You and i are on the same thought process! I just placed my lenticular film frame on the stand and was about ready to email you with the image and i look here and you had the exact same idea! WOW! Great minds think alike!

I was going to do a metal name plate, when i realized the lenticular frame with Deckard with his M2019 fits perfectly on and matches in color to the stand perfectly! This stand and that lenticular frame were meant for each other!

Thanks!

Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice guys, Doc, can we get some more pics of the rest of your collection
some sweet stuff there, love the bluesmobile, actually turned a 75 Fairlane into one about 15 years ago, have to get the pics scanned.
The only picture on my walls not BR is the "Tonight Only" poster from the movie Smile
drmcoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL !! Yeah, Panzerrune, I guess great minds DO think alike!

Glad to post more pics of my collection -- I'll post this weekend. The shelving units are in my basement -- or rather my SIDE of the basement (kids and wife have control of rest of the house). I have my big screen down there to watch all my geeky movies, and the shelves to hold whatever toys, models and props I can squeeze into them -- a kind of weird mix, actually -- as I said, I'll post more pics this weekend for those that wanna see.

As for the BLUESMOBILE, Blues Brothers is one of my favorite movies...I would have KILLED for a Bluesmobile to drive around -- I remember trying to talk my college buddy (who had money for a car) to go to a county police auction to try and buy and old Dodge Monaco or any old B&W police car so we could drive around together and pretend we were Elwood and Jake. He told me, politely, to buy my own Bluesmobile! Smile

The larger Bluesmobile was purchased on ebay -- I think they still sell them. Nice piece. The mid-size and matchbox-size versions are also likely to be found on ebay for a decent price.

But I wish I had your 75 Fairlane!
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that Bluesmobile model kit of yours is great!

That film stands as having the best overall insane car chashes of all time! The scene driving through the mall cannot be beat! Most car chase movies tend to put me into a deep comatose sleep (ie boring), but the BB's is always good!

Thanks.
repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you have nice robots too !... i can see a Robby ?!...any Gort ?
I love THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL and also FORBIDDEN PLANET, expecting the first one's remake in a few days now...
I wouldn't mind to see some pics
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
drmcoy Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:03 am Post subject:

Glad to post more pics of my collection -- I'll post this weekend.

But I wish I had your 75 Fairlane!

Great, cant wait to see them.
That old Fairlane was a classic, the fumes from the engine on the inside
were almost toxic, the radiator dumped all the water everytime you turned the engine off and rust like you wouldnt believe, i loved it.
I only drove it once a fortnight to a local art house cinema that screened
it that way for nearly twenty years, great times. It was all black when i got it and the cops must have dug it cause i never got hassled.
Have dug up the old pics and will post soon. Very Happy
Eagle
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! And great to see another Eagle nut. Wink
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one more left at this time. With a shiny finish like the one shown by DrMcCoy it is $115.00 shipped CONUS.

I can add an all metal "FORCE" badge to it with Deckards , Gaff, Holden, or Bryant ipic in it or you can add any pic yourself. I beliece I already posted a pic of a badge version elsewhere. If interested, PM me.

These stands were labor intensive and are 100% metal (aluminum and brass). They are drilled and tapped, no glue. The pegs that hold the gun are turned on a lathe. On the one for sale, they are shiny brass (on another version of the stand as shown by panserrune, the entire stand inc. pegs was media blasted to a matte finish).

They are heavy duty and will support all-metal blasters securely.
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eltee:

I'm interested in this style of stand and pegs with the media-blasted matte finish. I think the matte look will better compliment the weathered version of the Blaster I would like to display on it.

I'm sending you a PM to inquire if and when you might have more of these available.

Thanks!
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like some interesting Star Trek pieces to the left there.
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

temponaut wrote:
eltee:

I'm interested in this style of stand and pegs with the media-blasted matte finish. I think the matte look will better compliment the weathered version of the Blaster I would like to display on it.

I'm sending you a PM to inquire if and when you might have more of these available.

Thanks!

The one i have shown in the posted photo is 100% media blasted, and you are correct it matches the weathered look of the BR blaster perfectly. If that is what you are desiring i highly say go for the all media blasted stand.
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, panzerrune, for confirming the nice combination of the media-blasted display stand and the weathered blaster. That's just what I was hoping for!

eltee has confirmed that he can media blast the shiny stand he has on hand now, so I'm going to purchase that one and ask him to blast both the stand surfaces and the pegs, like he did yours.

Unfortunately, I am just about to leave on a short business trip (in 30 minutes) and am not sure I'll have Internet access again until late tomorrow night. Sad
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

temponaut wrote:
Thank you, panzerrune, for confirming the nice combination of the media-blasted display stand and the weathered blaster. That's just what I was hoping for!

eltee has confirmed that he can media blast the shiny stand he has on hand now, so I'm going to purchase that one and ask him to blast both the stand surfaces and the pegs, like he did yours.

Unfortunately, I am just about to leave on a short business trip (in 30 minutes) and am not sure I'll have Internet access again until late tomorrow night. Sad

You are welcome!

Make sure to not forget the brass bar that is where the two aluminum panels meet also to be media blasted. You will like it, the whole setup looks great. I have always been partial to a more "worn and weathered look" to almost any project i have had going on in the past. To me it gives it more of a edge of realism and a "been there feel". Wink
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your advice about the brass bar!

I completely agree with you about the feeling of authenticity that comes from props and replicas having a "used" look. Blade Runner is a perfect case in point.

I love the weathered look of your stand. It looks terrific with your Blaster.
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I have to say I also love the look of drmcoy's shiny stand. Laughing
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

temponaut wrote:
You know, I have to say I also love the look of drmcoy's shiny stand. Laughing

Both styles are beautiful! On the media blasted one, once you have it in hand you will really get to enjoy all the little things about it that match a weathered BR gun. The photo does not show all the "imperfections". By the way, those would be because of the nature of the material. As eltee pointed out to me, it is the nature of aluminum, at least in a media blasted form.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: