FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
The Tomenosuke Blaster Kit: A Closer Look
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KarlBud420
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away from the 'Summit for a few days due to the holiday, but this is an awesome thread.

Thanks so much for the pictures Temponaut and to the owner of the kit for allowing you to share these with us.

Happy holidays all!

Bruce
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastMaster wrote:
temponaut: what kind of finish is the plastic painted? how does it look on the built up version?

The plastic parts of the kit have been cast in black, but not painted at all. The plastic parts on the built-up version have been painted handsomely in a flat (or perhaps very subtle semi-gloss... predominantly flat) black finish.

Sorry not have posted pics of the finished Blaster yet. Things have been hectic for me here since the start of the year. Sad
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarlBud420 wrote:
I've been away from the 'Summit for a few days due to the holiday, but this is an awesome thread.

Thanks so much for the pictures Temponaut and to the owner of the kit for allowing you to share these with us.

Welcome back, Bruce. And thanks for your comments about the thread. I'm glad that members have found the photos helpful. Very Happy
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CROSS-POSTED FROM THE "NEW JAPANESE BLASTER" THREAD

Back in December, I gathered together some of the questions asked by propsummit members about the Tomenosuke Blaster, and sent them to Tomenosuke Shoten. Very shortly thereafter, both the kit and the finished versions of the Blaster had completely sold out. I did get answers to the questions, but with no more Blasters available I felt a reduced sense of urgency to translate and post the responses, and I became preoccupied by other pressing matters.

Now, however, as noted recently in the "New Japanese Blaster" thread, Tomenosuke Shoten has announced that a small number of finished Blasters will become available for purchase starting at 18:00 on Monday, January 26 (Japan time) at the Hollywood Collectors Gallery site (http://www.hollywood-japan.jp/shopdetail/038009000001/order/). These finished Blasters have become available because of order cancellations.

For those of you who may be thinking of ordering on Monday, for those of you who already ordered a kit back in December, and for those of you who are simply interested in the information, here are the questions and answers (translated roughly from Japanese):

---

Q1: Some parts that are metal on the real WorldCon Blaster have been reproduced in plastic on the Tomenosuke Blaster, including the right and left frames, the right and left cylinder covers, and the hammer. Why did Tomenosuke Shoten choose to use plastic for these parts instead of metal?[/color]

A: We have been extremely attentive to the materials used in the WorldCon Blaster, and have reproduced them faithfully.

However, the laws governing toy guns in Japan are very strict.

If the frame, cylinder, and hammer were made of metal, we would be breaking the replica gun laws and subject to punishment, even though the model does not fire live ammunition.

Please understand that the Tomenosuke Blaster has been made using as much metal as possible without breaking the law.

---

Q2: What type of plastic has been used to make the plastic parts of the Tomenosuke Blaster? And what type of process was used to make them (for example, casting, injection molding, etc.)? What about the cylinder, which appears to be made of a different type of plastic, and through a different process, than the other plastic parts?

A: The plastic parts of the Blaster are made of cast resin. The cylinder is also plastic, but in order to recreate this part cleanly, it was machine cut without concern for the cost.

---

Q3: When ordering a kit online from outside of Japan and paying via credit card through PayPal, is payment expected at the time of the order (for example, in December) or at the time the product is ready to ship (at the end of February)?

A: Kits being marketed by our shop will be sent out in order when they are ready. We have received many orders from overseas. All customers who receive a response from us saying, “We have received your order and will begin shipping from February 2009,” are guaranteed a Blaster kit.

Starting from February 2009, as kits become available to ship, we will send out PayPal invoices. After we have confirmed receipt of payment, we will ship the kits via EMS. The cost will be JPY 5,000 for EMS shipping to the United States and JPY 5,500 for EMS shipping to Europe, plus JPY 73,500 for the Blaster Kit itself.

Because of the great amount of time required to produce the kits, there is a possibility that they will not be ready (and buyers will not be billed) until March or later. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

---

Q4: On the “finished” version of the Tomenosuke Blaster, why did Tomenosuke Shoten decide not to wire the LEDs on the laser sight for illumination?

A: Because it is unconfirmed whether the laser sight was illuminated in the film, we did not wire it to light up.

Further, we judged the exposed white wires to be aesthetically unnecessary, and thus left them off the finished model.

However, we have included the white wire parts, as well as a hole in the laser sight to facilitate wiring, with both the finished and kit versions of the Blaster.

It is thus possible for each collector to finish the Blaster with these features, if so desired.

---

Q5: The Tomenosuke Blaster kit has now sold out. Will more kits be available in the future? If so, when do you anticipate that you will start taking orders again? What about the finished models? Will they be available again?

A: There will be no further production of either the kit or the finished model. Thank you very much for your understanding.

---

Many thanks to Enomoto-san at Tomenosuke Shoten for his responses to our questions.

As noted at the start of this post, a small number of orders for finished Blasters were received by Hollywood Collectors Gallery that were subsequently cancelled. Again, these finished Blasters will go on sale at the HCG online site starting at 18:00 on Monday, January 26 (Japan time).

Also, of course, the fact that the current incarnation of the Tomenosuke Blaster will not be produced again does not necessarily preclude the creation of another version in the future.

Good luck to those of you who would like to purchase!
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at the HCG ordering page and noted that the finished Blasters, scheduled to go on sale at 18:00 on Monday, January 26, are scheduled to ship starting at the end of February.

IMPORTANT

I just now recalled that, although Tomenosuke Shoten is shipping kits internationally, Hollywood Collectors Group is NOT shipping finished Blasters overseas. This is because of the complications arising from different import laws around the world for model guns.

Therefore, if you live outside of Japan, you'll need to find someone inside Japan to take delivery and then forward the model onward to you.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temponaut,

Thank you again for the work you have done to get the information for us. Is is very much appreciated. I can't wait and see this gun built and finished and hope you share that process with us too. Even those of us that have no plans on getting one of these, I still love seeing the development and hear all the information possible about them so I can at least imagine having one Smile

Andy
KarlBud420
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Even those of us that have no plans on getting one of these, I still love seeing the development and hear all the information possible about them so I can at least imagine having one Smile

You and me both. Smile

These are some really nice replicas. I really like the exploded diagrams that come with the models I've seen in a few of the photos.

Bruce
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a free wallpaper download of the exploded view here...
http://www.tomenosuke.com/Download/bookret/BLASTER/BLASTER.png

Andy
KarlBud420
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh! Thanks Andy!

I'll have to wait until I get home to save it to the personal computer, but that's a sweet picture.

Bruce
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Thank you again for the work you have done to get the information for us. Is is very much appreciated.

Thank you, Andy. This board has been a great place to make cyberfriends, exchange ideas, learn about BR, and bring some very nice pieces into my collection. I am happy for the chance to contribute whenever I can.

andy wrote:
I can't wait and see this gun built and finished and hope you share that process with us too.

Actually, the kit I was able to buy at Hollywood Collectors Gallery is for a friend. He kindly permitted me to open and photograph the kit for the board, but I won't be building it. (Frankly, I don't have the skills!) Perhaps my friend -- or whomever he commissions to do his build -- will be able to post work-in-progress pictures. I'd love to see them, too!
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarlBud420 wrote:
I really like the exploded diagrams that come with the models I've seen in a few of the photos.

I agree! That diagram is really cool. And it's very useful, since each part is labeled.

You know, that gives me an idea. I wonder if members would like to have an English-language "key" to that exploded diagram. There are times when it would be easier to converse about the Blaster if we had a list of the names of all the parts!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

temponaut wrote:
KarlBud420 wrote:
I really like the exploded diagrams that come with the models I've seen in a few of the photos.

I agree! That diagram is really cool. And it's very useful, since each part is labeled.

You know, that gives me an idea. I wonder if members would like to have an English-language "key" to that exploded diagram. There are times when it would be easier to converse about the Blaster if we had a list of the names of all the parts!

I really like that Idea Very Happy
Yes please!

Andy
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I really like that Idea Very Happy Yes please!

Okay! I'll get on it ASAP. Maybe I can do some of it tonight.
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

temponaut wrote:
andy wrote:
I really like that Idea Very Happy Yes please!

Okay! I'll get on it ASAP. Maybe I can do some of it tonight.

I finished a draft and uploaded it in a new thread, here:

http://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=1331

I hope members will find it useful. Very Happy
chew
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just posting this in duplicate:I just received this:

I said ,
「The next run completed after February next year2009 」
The orders from overseas customers are very huge. So Sorry..

The time of completion and the claim is delayed because large time is required the final to finish up and to process the kit, .
The kit is made handmade one by one.
Time and a labor large though one piece is made are spent.
It still takes time until the kit can be prepared.Sorry.

I will send mail of PAYPAL as soon as next run becomes possible to offer.
It seems that it becomes about April.

After confirming the settlement,
I will send it out by EMS. EMS carriage costs separately besides the kit price 73500 yen.
Shipping cost is 5000 yen in the United States and 5500 yen in Europe.

If you ok,
I want you to tell it. to all friends of you who ordered the blaster.

Sincerely,

eno
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For collectors who want to add the white wires to their WorldCon Blasters, here is what Tomenosuke provides with both the kit and finished versions of their model:

The Tomenosuke white wire assembly is about 47 mm long.

The assembly includes four wires, corresponding to the four shown in phase pistol's photo documentation of the WorldCon Blaster:

I am referring to the Tomenosuke wires as an "assembly" because the four wires seem to have been assembled from a pair of twin wires. You can see this clearly in the shot above, while in the photos below you can make out what appears to be a line of glue between the two sets of twin wires:

The size of the Tomenosuke wire assembly was most likely derived from photographs and may therefore not be absolutely accurate, but no doubt it is very close. Measured using digital calipers, the width of one twin strand is 2.53 mm, suggesting that each individual wire is about 1.26 mm in diameter.

Thanks, Pilot!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Temponaut for those infos.
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why they didn't put the groove for the wires on the side panel? it's on the prototype and is accurate to the WC.

also is there a hole in the weaver knob gap on the side panel temponaut?
jakob2121
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine from the post office this morning, and I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. It's definitely a kit - I was hoping for a little polishing, a little painting, a little bluing, and some weathering, but it's basically a sidkit with less accurizing to be done. The metal is just as soft - my Steyr receiver copy was warped and smushed together on the thin end; I can't read the text but there appears to be an instruction sheet specifically for getting those parts "corrected" if they're not precise, so I guess they expected it. My cylinder arm cover has huge voids around the screwholes, which I'll have to build up with epoxy, since there's no way it wouldn't simply tear if I tried to screw it in. The buttplate has a big hole where they snapped off the sprue that I'll have to try to fill with solder.

Also, the side sight is hollow, but I have no idea how you'd wire up the green leds - the hole for the LED leads isn't wide enough to actually run the leads through. And I don't think they ever really planned on anyone using anything other than the weaver knob; the slotted screw is just a thin head, not a full cylinder like everybody else's.
spinner 44
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please post photos of your Blaster kit? Particulary the defective parts? I'm about to pay mine and I really don't want to spend that big money if I'm not 200% sure.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: