FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Worldcon Screen Used Badge for Sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Worldcon Screen Used Badge for Sale Reply with quote

Someone shot me an email heads up on this. It is described as the badge displayed at World Con.

http://www.screenused.com/?sectionID=items&subsectionID=index.cfm&filter=all
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks authentic. I wonder who has it on hold? I also wonder if this might mean the gun will also go up for sale?

Andy
bsgfan12
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime something is on hold it never seems to come back. I wish they would let us see the price on the hold items. If background helmets went for 3000, what could that badge be selling for? They had Bryant's gun and holster a while back and that was something like 14,000.
________
Vaaapp vaporizer

Last edited by bsgfan12 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The police armor with the badge went for a little over $2,000 on ebay IIRC. This badge is now a little more famous thanks to Karl though.

Andy
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$7,500.00 Shocked

More news to come once I'm ok'd to release it.
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
The police armor with the badge went for a little over $2,000 on ebay IIRC. This badge is now a little more famous thanks to Karl though.

Andy

That was a STEAL! Exclamation
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hah! who wants that rubbish when you can have Andrea Treborn's actual costume from The Butterfly Effect!! Rolling Eyes
ScreenUsed
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I have bounced in here every once in a while, but thought now is the time to at least register.

I have been talking with eltee about the pieces we acquired for sale, and as you can see on the website we have the set of police badges that were shown at Worldcon, along with 3 of the "street people" hats - one of which was also at Worldcon.

We do have some other pieces, but at this time I'm working with the customer that purchased the police badge as he may want some of the other items to compliment the badges, so I'm giving him first shot. Once I have finished discussing with him, I can share the rest with eltee as I promised to show him them as well. Then we can display everything here for you guys.

And yes, the badges were posted on the website for $7499 including the display case. At this time, the blaster is not available, and I don't know if the current owner is willing to sell it.

Desi
www.screenused.com
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScreenUsed wrote:
Hey everyone. I have bounced in here ever once in a while, but thought now is the time to at least register.

I have been talking with eltee about the pieces we acquired for sale, and as you can see on the website we have the set of police badges that were shown at Worldcon, along with 3 of the "street people" hats - one of which was also at Worldcon.

We do have some other pieces, but at this time I'm working with the customer that purchased the police badge as he may want some of the other items to compliment the badges, so I'm giving him first shot. Once I have finished discussing with him, I can share the rest with eltee as I promised to show him them as well. Then we can display everything here for you guys.

And yes, the badges were posted on the website for $7499 including the display case. At this time, the blaster is not available, and I don't know if the current owner is willing to sell it.

Desi
www.screenused.com

Welcome Desi, it's great to have you here on the board !!!

Regarding the "other" items you currently have for sale, I just hope there'll be more police officer props, mainly because some of us are planning to recreate its complete uniform in the upcoming months... Alas, with still miss good refs on the belts, some patches... and the face shield, too...

Can't wait to see what you'll have for us in the upcoming days !

Cheers !

Fred
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Desi, welcome to Propsummit as a first time poster. Your input is GREATLY appreciated.

Man, I think I'd lose my mind and mortgage my house (I don't even own one) to have the blaster, so I can understand why someone would be reticent to part with it.

Please though, feel free to pop in anytime and update us on items you think we might be interested in.

Even non BR props.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Desi, great to have you on board.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, I can't wait to see more.

Thank you,
Andy
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Desi. Great to have you here!

Enjoying my piece of the Hollywood Sign I purchased from ScreenUsed a while back.
ScreenUsed
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome, I should have some more to show you guys later today. We have closed the deal with the initial customer, and he did purchase a few other items. So those will be going up tonight as sold, just for reference.

Desi
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desi,

Not sure if you are allowed to fill us in on other news of Jeff's stuff or not, but is there any truth that the worldcon shown hero gun prop will be auctioned off this spring? Or is it possible that Jeff Walker already sold it to Paul Allen of Microsoft?

Thank very very much again for sharing this info with us. Your site has always been a great reference to us prop replica collectors, and a dream source for all of us that one day hope to own real screenused props from our favorite movies.

Thank you very much.
Andy
ScreenUsed
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, since we do not have the blaster in our hands, I don't know if it's something planned for auction or a future sale. I did get to hold it - it's extremely cool, and I would love to get it for my collection as well one day.

Everyone, I posted a few other items on the website today. The police hat and utility belt are sold, along with the police patches and pins. They were purchased by the customer that purchase the initial set of metal police badges that were posted a few days ago. So they are on the website for reference - and I think you will like a few of the patches and pins that people have been trying to see in the film.

As you can see on the home page, we have the clip on police ID that was displayed at Worldcon for sale today.

Lastly, we do have another set of metal police badges just like the ones sold a few days ago, in the same display case. These will be put up for sale some time during the week, however if someone is interested in them, they are priced at $7499.

If you search for Blade Runner pieces on the website, you will also see that we have a few of the futuristic Moebius styled hats from the production. These are incredibly rare, as we have never seen any become available before.

Also, we may be getting some production paperwork along with a miniature production made spinner, though it was unfinished so not used on screen.

Desi
ScreenUsed
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a preview just for you guys - here is the other set of police badges:

Desi
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again,
I will be keeping an eye out on your site.

Andy
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thank you one more time very much. Those Picture of the patches and pins are extremely cool. I also just noticed the signature of the badge maker on the new pics of the Badges.

Just a question I doubt you can do, but any chance of getting measurements of the Patches and pins, and maybe the badges too?

Thank you so very much for being willing to share this info with us.
Andy
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWWWAOOOOWWWW !!!!!!!!!

I just can't believe this is happening NOW, right in time for Tim's police patches set !!!

Shocked

Very cool pics, many thanks for this Desi !!!

Same as Andy, measurements of the patches, pins and badges would be VERY COOL !!! Also, a pic of the interior of the Police hat (to understand how the face shield and interior glasses were mounted inside would be great... I have an idea of how this was achieved, but if you and the buyer would agree to give us this kind of info, that would be really apprciated here)

Fred
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: