FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Offworld blaster - does anyone make metal parts/ first build

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcast
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Offworld blaster - does anyone make metal parts/ first build Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
This is my first post...So hopefully I'm pointed in the right direction. I recently purchased my first Blade Runner blaster. I was looking around to find a verision that was reasonably priced that I might be able to Mod or change out parts over time. What I didn't realize was the gun I purchase was based on the 38 special size of the Bulldog (undercover) and not the 44 caliber like the movie version. So after my purchase, I realized my mistake and thought to myself.... "Self..you I could resell this or you could have some fun with it." (On a quick side note I have ordered a Tomenosuke - Retailer version which should be arriving in the next couple of weeks). Anyway, back on subject, I have been looking around for any metal parts to replace the mostly plastic ones on the blaster. I was curious if I could tap the hive mind of Propsummit and see if anyone is making some of the parts I need. I am finding some from actual 38 size parts from various places..but still having a hard time finding the following in the correct size for the blaster.
I have hoping to replace the following
- plastic receiver end
- plastic bolt handle
- plastic chassis/frame - current one is cracked
- plastic side chamber covers
- also hoping to replace the original resin grips with something nicer
Thank you for your help in advance...and look forward to posting some pictures as things progress

Last edited by dcast on Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
dcast
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some of the parts I am working with. I have picked up the cylinder covers from Rich, but they will take minor adjustment. Same with the locking lever and the receiver end. I could manipulate some of the parts but would rather not...Rich's work is great but still meant for the 44 chassis. Also, I gave purchase a metal handle frame and cylinder from a real Charter Arms undercover revolver. So still hoping to find some castings meant for an offworld.

[/img]
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit difficult; some had done it in the past, but with Tome's arrival it seems that the Off-World is not as popular...hence the lack of people making metal parts. You could always find a metal shop that could help you in that matter.
Good luck Wink
jinxed
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have an outer grip frame in metal from an OffWorld deluxe kit. I seem to remember ending up with a spare. If that's something you need I'll see if I can find it.

Cheers
dcast
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jinxed wrote:
I might have an outer grip frame in metal from an OffWorld deluxe kit. I seem to remember ending up with a spare. If that's something you need I'll see if I can find it.

Cheers

Jinxed, I sent you a PM. Thanks
dcast
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have be slowly working on finding metal parts from the Charter Arms undercover .38 special and making some parts, with A LOT of help from family members. I have found a cylinder, inner frame, and the crane
Then, we have made a steel barrel, and an aluminum site rod ( only took me 3 attempts...lol).
I have also had a family member who has offered to cast some parts that I can make, so I have currently working on the wax forms for the end cap for the cylinder, the chassis, and the bolt lever. I have been slowly moving forward with the project.

hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Are you going to offer metal parts for sale? Would love to buy some off of you?
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm following on the RPF also. Looks great so far Smile
dcast
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hirohawa wrote:
Looks great! Are you going to offer metal parts for sale? Would love to buy some off of you?
I'm not planning on offering anything for sale. I did ask the person that is casting my parts and he was not interested in doing additional pieces :0(.

Last edited by dcast on Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total
dcast
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here are the few parts my uncle cast for me in white bronze. I ground down the sprues and cleaned off the surfaces. They look great and will definitely add some much needed weight to the build. Hoping to get the cylinder , cylinder side covers and the bolt cast in the next couple of weeks. I don't have the heart to grind up those other side covers from Rich. They are a close fit..but would take a lot of massaging. Also, I made a tip for the bolt out of aluminum the I will ultimately attach to it. Also, I have another friend make up an outter grip handle on the CNC machine....he did a great job!

Last edited by dcast on Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
dcast
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
I'm following on the RPF also. Looks great so far Smile

Hey there, honored that your following. I've seen some of your work and it's INCREDIBLE!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dcast...eager to see your progress; either here or on the RPF Wink
dcast
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's been a while since I have worked on this project, but I wanted to circle back around to it. I spent some time working on fitting and bluing parts. I did have an issue with where I put the mag hole on the metal barrel..literally a couple of mm to farout to the front, causing a fitment issue on the chassis...so I've printed one up and I'll do the electronics for it. I didn't have the heart to cut up and file the ammo mag I have. Additional task items are - I need to mount the site rod, trim down the butt plate to a proper scale, currently it is a little too long. So, I still have not finished this by any means, but I hate it when someone starts a project thread and doesn't finish it. It's like reading a book and not having the last chapter to finish. So here's were I'm at.... ( have included the build where it's currently at and then one picture of an "exploded view" - lol of my OW parts next to it)

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great workmanship and looking very good Cool
rickhoward
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: