FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
"Offworld" blaster size?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wesclone
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: "Offworld" blaster size? Reply with quote

I've searched and read the different topics relating to the different versions of the gun. My question is this: How does the Offworld gun compare in size to the super accurate ones? Is it bigger? Smaller? I know it's made of metal and plastic, so I assume it's sturdy and well made. Am I correct in that assumption?

Thanks,
Wes
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...first off the subscribers here appear to be divided by...one... the folks who build kits/modify existing blasters and two....folks like me who simply buy them as is...I have an Offworld and like it....paint job could be better and the cyclinder is clearly loose....understand that can be fixed with some TLC and an added washer....but overall not all that bad....then I bought a Hartford....which is a step up both in quality and price....Hartford is heavier with more metal and superior parts and finish....THEY ARE APPROXIMATELY THE SAME SIZE with the Hartford being slightly bigger....I have small hards so the grips both work but the Hartford feels...well....perfect....they both fit nicely into the Holster I was able to get through the Forum....The Hartford looks by far the best in or out of the holster...all of this information and much more is scattered thoughout the forum....took me a while to wade through it all but most of the people here have been where you and I are...(newbies)...and are very very helpful...just ask....I paid 350 for the Offworld and 600 for the Hartford....
Wesclone
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the quick response. Right now, I have the Wilco BR blaster. It fits very well in the holster (got the link from here on the board) but I am wanting to upgrade, hence the inquiry. While my main concern isn't price, I'd have to say $300-400 is as high as I'm willing to spend. I like the idea of the Offworld, with the mixture of metal and plastic, giving it some weight and stability, along with the functioning lights.

I have Rachel's trench, Indy's tie and shirt (waiting on the shirt to get here), the Adidas, holster and pants. The blaster will be the icing on the cake.

Wes
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Off World is super nice, especially for the price but it is smaller in about every dimension. Overall I would say it is about 10-15% smaller.

As it's base the revolver is a .38 instead of the correct .44 which is approx. 1/4" taller.

Also the Steyr receiver is smaller diameter than the reel one, and as mentioned the grips are short.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offworld is a bit larger than a Coyle version 3. The main difference in size compared to the worldcon hero would be height, since Rich's Grips were based a second(or later generation) cast from one of the stunts, they shrunk. The rest of his gun was based off of the source parts.

The grips are also the same size as a Sidkit. It is a myth that because it was based on a 38sp that it is that much smaller. It isn't. It would be smaller than the new worldcon versions of the gun and the Hartford, but is the same or bigger than most others.

Andy
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction, The grips on the Offworld are smaller than the metal Sidkit. They are virtually the same as the Coyle V3, The early resin Sidkit, and the Wilco stunt cast from the early Sidkit. The Barrel on the Offworld is also the same length as the Coyle minus the insert in the front above the Bulldog barrel. The height of the Offworld Barrel/Steyr receiver/clip unit is also the same size as the Coyle and Hartford, and larger than the Wilco by a smidgen (about 1-2 mm).

Coyle v3 vrs. Offworld...

The Coyle looks longer in this pic because they are not even and the insert sticks out a bit more in the Coyle. Remember that the Steyr in the Coyle is cast close to one generation from a real Steyr.

Also even though the grips are the same size as the Coyle v3 and the offworld, the notch in the buttplate in the OW makes it more comfortable.

Andy

Last edited by andy on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:02 am; edited 4 times in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offworld for measurement reference...

Offworld
A=7"
B=2 3/8"
C=4"

Coyle v3
A=7"
B=2 3/8" (2 1/2" with clip sticking out)
C=4"

Hartford
A=7 1/8"
B=2 3/8"
C=4 1/8"

Wilco
A=7"
B=2 3/8"
C=3 15/16"

SidKit Metal
A=7 1/4"
B=2 3/8"
C=4 1/16"

Andy
Wesclone
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Bro, that's EXACTLY what I needed. That solidifies my decision to get the Offworld. It will finish off my costume nicely! I can't thank you guys enough.

Wes
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: