FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Metal sidkit Allen key screws/ threads

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Metal sidkit Allen key screws/ threads Reply with quote

I recently aquired a metal sidkit which I have been lovingly polishing up to a high shine ready for blueing, when something suddenly struck me. The kit I received came without any of the allen key screws or other screws provided. Also some receiving holes still needed to be drilled and I was uncertain how to thread the pewter to receive such screws.

Can anyone give me an exact list of which screws I need and where to get them (preferably in the uk)?

And can anyone tell me how to thread the metal please?

If anyone has a copy of the online assembly instruction that no longer exist could they post them please. It's the 2006 version.

Much appreciated

mike
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Metal sidkit Allen key screws/ threads Reply with quote

You will need the following Mike:

Smaller key for screws like the Weaver Knob side cover: 5/64 inch or 2 mm

Medium Key for the majority of the screws: 3/32 inch or 2.5 mm

Large Key for the Magazine to the Barrel: 3/16 inch or 5 mm

Good luck Very Happy
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Thanks mate
Cottonball
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recently asked for the 2006 instructions too. Oldzey kindly pointed me here:

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=1440&start=1

I'm glad to be able to be able pass on the favor.

Eric
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Metal sidkit Allen key screws/ threads Reply with quote

seesinsilhouette wrote:
I recently aquired a metal sidkit which I have been lovingly polishing up to a high shine ready for blueing, when something suddenly struck me. The kit I received came without any of the allen key screws or other screws provided. Also some receiving holes still needed to be drilled and I was uncertain how to thread the pewter to receive such screws.

Can anyone give me an exact list of which screws I need and where to get them (preferably in the uk)?

And can anyone tell me how to thread the metal please?

If anyone has a copy of the online assembly instruction that no longer exist could they post them please. It's the 2006 version.

Much appreciated

mike

Have you played with the different "cold" blueing methods to see how they work with polished pewter? I am anxiously waiting to see your results. I am hopeful that you will be able to get a uniform, polished blue finish that will be close to an original hot blue finish on gun steel.

One caution, which you probably know, comes from a gun assembler I know. On real steel guns, he meticulously cleans the surface to be blued while wearing gloves. He says one invisible fingerprint, one tiny spot of oil from your skin, etc. will ruin an otherwise great blueing job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: