FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Hero gun case

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Hero gun case Reply with quote

Though not a prop used in the movie, the gun case that held the hero gun for possibly 25 years was also a pretty cool find to see come from the Profiles in History auction.

Here are the photos of the case from the Tomenosuke visitors...

And pictures of the case I got off of ebay...

I just received the case and may take some more pics of it soon, but it looks like it is the case by shape, color, hardware, size and texture. The only thing missing is most of the foam inserts

Andy
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a pic of the one I got with a Coyle v3 to show the size of the case in comparison.

Andy
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Hero gun case Reply with quote

Not the most beautiful object Andy - especially the badly cutout foam inserts seen at the auction. But although I say that, there is unbridled fascination in the case - for me - when contemplating the reality that this iconic item hid in what looks like a shagged out Delsey hard-case for decades...

As always I'm gobsmacked at your knowledge and dedication to the franchise. Your tenacity in securing this is again credit to you, your patience and your willingness to share.

Great find and well done Sir.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, it isn't the "coolest" looking of cases. I have several that would make much more interesting props, but there is something about it.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on Andy...always a stickler for details (and who can blame you) Cool
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Andy.
Don't forget to add all sorts of dirt and rust to it Smile
chew
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero Halliburton makes a small camera case that is a perfect fit for the blaster! That's what I use. I picked it up on ebay for 50 bucks.

And speaking of poorly cut foam, does anybody know what the best way to cut out foam inserts is?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They make a hot wire device that is basically wires and a battery pack on a frame that cuts foam perfectly. You can get them at hobby shops and some craft stores.

heres a bunch on ebay...
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=hot+wire+foam&_sacat=See-All-Categories

And the cheap craft store version...
http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-WIRE-FOAM-CUTTER-wonder-cutter-stryofoam-Floracraft_W0QQitemZ230313708187QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item359fc44a9b&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Andy
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chew wrote:
Zero Halliburton makes a small camera case that is a perfect fit for the blaster! That's what I use. I picked it up on ebay for 50 bucks.

And speaking of poorly cut foam, does anybody know what the best way to cut out foam inserts is?

The instructions with the Pelican gun cases state that you should cut the outline UNDERSIZED to allow a little compression when putting in the gun as this stabilizes it. They also recommend the use of a dual reciprocating blade electric carving knife, as found in many kitchens and available inexpensively everywhere.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the thicker foam, I found the depth of an exacto blade to be pretty much perfect, but you will have cross cut and pick out the pieces, Leaving a ragged bottom. Which I think is what you are afraid of, but it looks like what they did with the hero case.

By using three layers of foam with a thick piece top and botton, the middle section can be cut through cleanly. The kitchen knife might work fine on the higher density foam, but will tear apart the softer stuff. The hot wire is the only way I know of to make it look professionally cut down.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: