FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
My Spinner and Deckard Sedan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MangaMax
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: My Spinner and Deckard Sedan Reply with quote

Seeing the excellent Spinner model here recently prompted me to show off my not-so excellent vehicles.
Bought them both from the same bloke a few years back on eBay and they were made from that awful resin that's more like car filler mixed with pulp. Confused
Of the two Deckards Sedan is the best, being a nice large 1/35th scale, pretty darn accurate and had the bonus of no decals to deal with.
The Spinner has nice detail but is much smaller - 1/72nd - and had to deal with the pretty comprehensive decals being on a post-it note.
Yes, really Shocked Sad Evil or Very Mad
Another obstacle were the windows being solid resin. I could've tried gouging them out but that'd mean building an interior from scratch - and i ain't up to that.
Went instead with washes of thinned down Tamiya Smoke over the white primer to try and convey depth where there wasn't any.
Didn't really work though Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Studio Scale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: