FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
New Deckard Wallet Run - - UPDATE 3/4/11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up till this point John's prop projects have been on schedule and well done. This is the first time I have seen him have these kinds of issues. Unfortunately they have gone on for a very long time. I have been in contact with him and he promised to have news very shortly. His last post here was over a year ago, and his other online venues seem to also be missing for a long time. I do hope he can gather the courage to face his task here.

I also want to point out to people here that 'spinner44.com' (John) and 'spinner 44' are different people. Both have been members here and the RPF for a long time.

Andy
Eric Ardros
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up until now, I'd never had any interaction with John, so this is my first experience with him. I've also never been involved in a production run of any sort, so that's a first for me, too. I gotta say, this first experience has kinda spoiled it for me. I doubt I'll ever get into anything like this again as a result of it.

Andy, thanks for getting in contact with him and letting him the situation here and at the RPF. The way I see it, one way or the other I will get something out of this; either the BR wallet I paid for about a year and a half ago, or my money back.

I'm just at the point where I don't care which I get, so long as I get something. This has gone on for way too long, and even if all of his prior projects have gone off without a hitch, to me it appears as though he's not really making an effort to make things right on this one.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say though, that we live in an age now where instant gratification is the norm. Back when these prop boards first started, many of the projects on there took years to come to fruition. I am sure John will fulfill his promises if and when he can.

Andy
Eric Ardros
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. We do live in a society that expects instant gratification with everything, and like I said before I do understand things happen to delay projects like this (happened to me more than once).

But when someone takes people's hard-earned money, and over the course of a year and a half doesn't really offer anything except a handful of delays, excuses and apologies, it can only go on so long before folks start to get fed up with it.

I mean, despite several occasions where WiP pics were requested, nothing's ever been shown. All we have are his assurances that he's working on them and will be done soon. I'm sorry, but I'm the type of person who likes to see what's going on. It lets me see something's actually being done, if anything.

There's a better way of doing business, and this ain't it. That much I know.

Anyway, thanks again for getting in touch with him. I'll wait to see what his reply is before I decide on what to do, either wait for my wallet, or just get my money back.
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life can get in the way of things despite all good intentions.

I have had updates by email from John and he has replied to questions fairly fast. But this has now stopped after I was told it would ship "next week"
It seemed weird to have updates to say it's on its way and then silence.
I just hope he is alright.

As to the 1 and a half year wait, meh, This is not an off the self piece, its not as if he is out of stock. The amount of stuffing around with dealing with printers, suppliers and such, most of whom would not share or understand the passion / obsession with a film from the 80's must be a nightmare.

I'm sure he would not want to ship a prop that is not finished correctly as he would know how much of a high standard we expect in a prop.

I'm sure it will turn up one day, but an explanation would probably go a long way in repairing his rep and calming the masses.

It's winter here and its cold camped out by the mailbox Razz
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. I do sincerely apologize for the lack of communication, delays and missed timelines. I have nearly half of the orders completed and will be taking them to the post Monday. I was going to ship all at once, but will get them out as they are finished. If you have any questions, please email me directly at john@skyrocketmedia.com and I WILL respond ASAP.

Again, I understand the upset. Life got in the way and I can only work as fast as I can and as my time will allow. If anyone would prefer a refund, I will work it out with you. However, I would prefer to send out the package, but I understand.

Thanks,
John
Eric Ardros
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: New Deckard Wallet Run - - UPDATE 3/4/11 Reply with quote

So... anyone else manage to get their wallets? A bunch of folks over at the RPF have been talking in John's FS thread there, and needless to say the natives are getting restless.
CessnaDriver
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not looking good. Multiple emails now go unanswered.
Have not heard from the dude since well into last year when just a little more time was supposedly needed. His internet presence on twitter is healthy.
Stefan Jones
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in contact with John today through facebook. I can not post what he told me in details, but he explained, that he is having a rough time personally and that he will contact everyone who's on the list, directly.
I encouraged him to post in his for sale threads and sort things out.
fingers crossed, everything will come out all right for the buyers and John.
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for the static. It's mostly out of embarrassment for my disappearance. Several things that I really did not want to post,but given the circumstances I will.. Mostly personal. Going through a rough time with my business, separation with my wife and house falling into foreclosure a second time. Saved it once, just barely. Having to go through the process again. It's quite depressing.

I'm trying to get things sorted out. As mentioned, I have been embarrassed to discuss and truthfully, all of the above is taking priority with my time.

I do have the wallets, but just need to finish the weathering and some detail work and send out. I sincerely feel bad the way things have gone. I'll contact everyone individually - shortly. Just need to keep my focus on keeping my house. It's very important to me and my getting things done.

All I can say is I am truly sorry. The wallets will come to those who have outstanding orders.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everything will be sorted out, not only here but also with your personal life...hard time cannot last and you have my encouragements for the future John.
amfx74
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Deckard Wallets Reply with quote

Hi John,

Any update on this project? How are you going.
Eric Ardros
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: New Deckard Wallet Run - - UPDATE 3/4/11 Reply with quote

Hmm... yeah, it's been almost a year since the last correspondence from John. I hope he's been able to sort things out in his personal life, since as I understand that took priority back then. Would like to see him back on an even keel and the rest of the folks invested in this run get what they bought.
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading through these posts and looking at the dates on them, I am truly stunned. (I was not one who ordered a wallet, thank God)

Personal problems happen to all of us but to NOT make good on continued promises and to not even communicate with buyers is just ridiculous. I feel for you guys but I have zero respect for this cat.
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we gather a list of folks who have paid for and are still owed product by John on this run? As Nexus7 says, I'm stunned that this hasn't been taken care of yet.
Eric Ardros
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: New Deckard Wallet Run - - UPDATE 3/4/11 Reply with quote

Part of the problem with trying to compile a list of those still owed is that it's incomplete.

I myself paid for and received a wallet, but my info's not even included on the list. I imagine looking at the thread he posted at the RPF would, though.

I can't recall how many actually received their wallets way back when, but I know it was only a handful of us, maybe less.

Oh, and I just realized something regarding mine. Although I did receive the version I ordered, it appears to be missing the Money Card.

Based on the info in the first post of this thread, the wallet should include the following:

spinner44.com wrote:
[...]

$125.00 Clean w/ no badge
$165.00 Weathered w/ no badge

$175.00 Clean w/ metal badge
$215.00 Weathered w/ metal badge

Shipping within U.S. $5.00
International Shipping: $12

These come with the following:

ID Card
Gold foil Vid-Phon Card
Apartment Card
Money Card
White Dragon Receipt
Tsing Tao Receipt
Mercer machine repair receipt (Nod to DADOES)
Rachel's phone number
Real international paper money with recycled ink stampings (10 bills)
Snake scale in tiny baggie

[...]

Mine has everything else included, minus the Money Card. So, it's possible some of the few that went out weren't complete.
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let the RPF worry about the RPF (I make an annual pilgrimage over there just to reassure myself that it is still no longer a place that I want to visit). I'm only concerned with the members here.

Are there any members here that have paid for but not received their product?
Eric Ardros
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: New Deckard Wallet Run - - UPDATE 3/4/11 Reply with quote

Sorry. The purpose of my mentioning that was simply to point out that his customer list is incomplete.

I believe most folks on the list still haven't received their wallets, though some have tried contacting him through FB or e-mail.
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never got mine have made repeated attempts to contact John and nothing comes back since the last big post that he will make good. This was after the email that said it was in the batch to send next week.
Its getting a bit old now. I reckon enough time has passed to make the units, refunds are probably a better option now .
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else not get their's?
Maybe a better question is,
Who did get one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: