FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Quickie weapons case from zero halliburton briefcase

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Quickie weapons case from zero halliburton briefcase Reply with quote

I had a Zero Halliburton briefcase that I picked up at a thrift store for $5 a while back, but I wasn't using it for anything. It is made of aircraft aluminum and is gunmetal grey. The lock on it was damaged, but I thought about making one of those sniper spy cases with cut foam for the gun parts to be assembled in it. I came across some egg crate foam that is used in gun cases for free from some packages we tossed at work. So I decided to make a quickie case for my prop Guns. It took me less than an hour to make and it also has some BR connections. A silver or aluminum finish ZH case can be seen on Deckard's table when Racheal tosses the photo on the ground in his apartment. I actually ripped out the leather lining from it and maybe devalued it a hundred bucks (they sell for over $100 on ebay). but it is now a cool prop in its own right as well as prop protector. The guns I have in there are from left to right a C&S Coyle V3, and an early Coyle cast from a stunt gun. I may down the road use the custom cut foam 3 layer, but in the meantime this will work with different props as needed.

Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love the thrift store!! A $5 Haliburton!! WOW. That is a cool way to not only protect but display your blasters.

I'm jealous of that stunt cast blaster!!!!! Smile

Thanks for the pics!
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Awesome price for the case!!! I have been using a rifle case and a camera case simliar to your Halliburton for when I need to transport props.

I do have to say though, by looking at the picture of your ID, the pattern inbetween the 8 and the photo id still looks like the Tri-mark or whatever you call it. Pretty cool how it plays tricks on the eyes!

BTW, where did you get the id? I am still looking to get one

Thanks!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the ID myself using artwork that was posted on the RPF and cutting and pasting it with the photos of the worldcon ID. It was just a test and I am trying to do my own version. I want to do a blank ID that we can put other photos onto. The Deckard photo I printed on a die sub printer similar to what passport photos are made on. I cut it out and pasted it on to get the appearance of the worldcon ID. I still need to find some amberlith. I have rubylith but it is too dark to use on the IDs. I just have too many projects a head of finishing this one right now.

Just for the those who want to know more about the stunt clone. It is several generations from being a stunt. It was cast from a cast made off of a stunt. It is smaller in scale, but has many of the same "defects" seen in the origional stunt blasters. It is also filled with electronics by Rich to make it even cooler. It is ugly but one of my favorite props. I am sure Rich can correct me if I left anything out.
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just figured out what that was in the bottom right corner of your case!

An official RAC toothpick! :LOL
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DING DING DING...you got it. I left it in there as a joke. I had the allen wrench in there as well well but for some reason the pics with it in it didn't come out as well. I will have to to think about what I can send you as a prize
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slightly better pic update...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: