FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Flea market and antique store finds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLK
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Flea market and antique store finds. Reply with quote

Prior to going to the model ship museum at the naval academy in Anapolis MD. I stopped by an antique shop. I saw this item.

One glass was correct and the others had that different strip around it. Pam was not willing to sell the one glass by itself. Sad

Amazingly....

...the next day after seeing Washington D.C. I went to a big flea market that was about 10 miles north and west of D.C and bought this. It's missing one glass but I think I can live with it.

Kitty approves.

And this is why flea markets are good.

I don't know if it's appropriate here so mods please let me know but if anyone can overlook the difference in the first set and happens to want it let me know and I can forward you email, phone numbers, and address for the antique shop that has it. Like I said, she did not want to sell the one correct glass by itself.

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes SLK, I've seen the two types being sold before...don't know why they modified the thickness of the band (newer version maybe).
Good find all in all
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find SLK.

Thrift stores, garage sales, and flea markets is where I found most of my stuff before Ebay. The shot glasses, the safex ashtray, and many lamps all were picked up at these places, and you never had to worry about a bidding war Smile

You can still find this stuff out there and just many other cool items that could be made to fill Deckard's apartment. In many ways BR is filled with flea market finds from the day. I also came across the Tg-5 telegraph set (binding post for gun) at a flea market. Not to mention all the Graphlex flash units I had picked up too.

You just have to keep looking. More finds are out there. The rush you get when coming across something like this is awesome too.

Andy
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These sets are lovely! Don't bother about missing glasses. From time to time, some are sold at ebay. Well, when the auction indludes only one glass, price is too high (for me), but sometimes the pack includes 3, 4, 6.... and then price is more reasonable.

I bought several decanter sets like this (open version), globes and spare glasses to complete previous sets. Some vendors used bad packaging and breakage as result...

Anyway, these glasses are very pretty! And oldies!
SLK
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall a smoking deal at $10.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: