FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Poll: The Nostromo Files site format

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which format would best serve as a resource site for information about the USCSS Nostromo portrayed in "Alien"?
Website
 100%  [ 6 ]
Blog
 0%  [ 0 ]
Facebook Page
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

FenGiddel
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Poll: The Nostromo Files site format Reply with quote

I'm thinking of resurrecting "The Nostromo Files" site I created back in the nineties to provide a resource for fans of the ship. If it came back, which of these formats would you think most appropriate and why?

Website
Blog
Facebook Page

My 'why' question is not just to be obtuse. I really need input. I'm afraid I might miss an obvious shortfall or strength with one of the formats.

Thanks in advance,
Darrell
Isnochys79
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to provide a ressource for fans,I think that a blog is the best way because you can have many photos and informations in one post and people can comment it. Better than Facebook page because you can post only one photo at a time.
For some years now I have create a blog about classic special effects and making of movies : http://cinesfx.blogspot.fr/. I have added recently a Facebook page link but I can post only one information at a time.
There are many great SFX Facebook pages but they post "immediate information" and if you want to find back a photo or an information posted here days or weeks ago it's not easy. On a blog, you have the possibility to "mark" specific words in your post as direct link to a previous post or in a listing for your readers easy researches.
FenGiddel
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your helpful input. I also really like the direction you've taken with your site!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Scale Modeling All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: