FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Medicom Upgrade Kit additions

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Medicom Upgrade Kit additions Reply with quote

Ofworld66 must be congratulated for his excellent upgrade guide , but there are a couple of things that can be done to make things easier, the floor panel windows don't need to be broken to get them out there are two strips down the L & R hand-side that hold the panel in, they are glued down and hard to see , but a scalpel or fine knife blade will prise them out The main thing to do if you want an accurate model , is adjust the underside at the rear, back from the wheels to the bumper , Medicom used the Spinner 27 underside design as a template for their model and it is quite different to the Spinner 44, so using plasticard and tnin strips build up the rear set of jets and add the strips to match the layout of the Spinner 44, it's a bit fiddly but not difficult to do , then wash, prime and spray the underside as per Offworld66's guide. A useful tip I'll pass on is to use transparent Craft Glass Paint to coat the teardrop lenses it's available at most hobbycraft shops and is available in a huge range of colours , rather than try to paint them using the tranparent paints available for aeroplane and military models, they are very good , but glass paints are in my humble opinion, a lot better !!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks johnnyb for the tricks...yeah, lots-o-things you can do with those kind of paint (a bitch in an airbrush, oh well; c'est la vie)
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Medicom Upgrade Kit additions Reply with quote

Thanks for the excellent tips, propsjonnyb.

propsjonnyb wrote:
The main thing to do if you want an accurate model , is adjust the underside at the rear, back from the wheels to the bumper , Medicom used the Spinner 27 underside design as a template for their model and it is quite different to the Spinner 44, so using plasticard and tnin strips build up the rear set of jets and add the strips to match the layout of the Spinner 44, it's a bit fiddly but not difficult to do

Any chance of photographic documentation?
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much jonnyb, the medicom and the upgrade kits are amazing
in their flexability to allow for personal preferences.
Would also love to see some pics.
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Medicom base Photo Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Sorry about the delay in replying real work got in the way I've uploaded a photo showing the plasticard additions to the Medicom base it's at http://propsummit.com/upload/665/dscf0673.jpg as I cant seem to add photos here - perhaps its me? basicall its making the Medicom car look more like the Spinner we know and love

I'll add more as I progressx with the build

Jonny[/img]
hole dweller
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonny
What is the picture you are using for reference?
Is it and others publicly available somewhere?

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: